The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Has anyone else not received their season ticket yet? I bought mine a good 2-3 weeks ago and still haven’t received it but unsure if they’ve sent them out or not.

I'm lead to believe that the new season tickets are to be hand delivered by all the new signings that are coming in.....

Not a rumour in any way but if players like Greg Stewart and David Bates are available I hope at a very minimum we’ve asked the question of them, also concerns me the reports we had offered Ash Taylor the captaincy before he went and signed for someone else as if mackay was looking for a centre back surely he had a plan B, this series of events would suggest otherwise

On 24/07/2021 at 17:05, Rcfc fan said:

So a 4-1 win today , spittal with two and iacovitti and white with one each , anyone at the game shed any light on how We looked?

Spittal & Callaghan seem to be linking up very well and are taking a lot of responsibility for creating good opportunities.

It was a 352 again, which seems to work very well. The midfield 3 is anchored by Tillson who looks very good, doing much of the holding work, this new lad Cancola will hopefully provide good competition/cover for this role. 

Spittal was wide right with Vokins left, they provide great athleticism going both directions. Randall came on for Robertson with Spittal moving in field in the second half, Randall needs a bit more confidence imo but having Donaldson covering behind him allows him a bit more freedom.  We also have RCC to add competition to both wide areas, I take it he'll be back now his Gold Cup exploits are over.

The jury's still out on Samuel, he tries hard, took a bit of ruff treatment but kept going. He missed two chances on Saturday but more game time will hopefully sharpen him up. White scored his goal well but he & Samuel's link up is (unsurprisingly) not quite up to scratch, with a few misplaced through balls to each other.

Matty Wright and Ben Williamson both look very accomplished and look very comfortable & natural in the first team. I'd hope that both can be serious squad members of the first team this season.

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Not a rumour in any way but if players like Greg Stewart and David Bates are available I hope at a very minimum we’ve asked the question of them, also concerns me the reports we had offered Ash Taylor the captaincy before he went and signed for someone else as if mackay was looking for a centre back surely he had a plan B, this series of events would suggest otherwise

I read on the bbc this morning St Johnstone have offered a contract to Stewart. Weren't we linked with him before?

2 hours ago, central staggie said:

I read on the bbc this morning St Johnstone have offered a contract to Stewart. Weren't we linked with him before?

We were linked the last two transfer windows , hope malky has some pleasant surprises in store for us as even though the 11 currently isn’t looking too bad the depth is horrendous if we had a couple of injuries we’d be in big trouble

1 hour ago, yoda said:

It's great that the team are in the position of needing to start Doll Conaldson and Kool Keith every week.

They also have Ross Callaghan and Blair Spittal as the creative element of the team.  Spittal also doubles as back up to Connor Randall on the right, and there are precisely zero wingers at the club.  The first team squad, from manager down, is a shambles.  

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/latest-supporter-update

"The club is in the exciting position where we can offer all season ticket holders seating within the stadium for Saturday’s match so if you are yet to renew your season ticket, the time is now."

I'd be interested to know the exact number of renewals the club has had, never known them to push for sales this much before. 

2 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/latest-supporter-update

"The club is in the exciting position where we can offer all season ticket holders seating within the stadium for Saturday’s match so if you are yet to renew your season ticket, the time is now."

I'd be interested to know the exact number of renewals the club has had, never known them to push for sales this much before. 

One plus of having a small squad the players not picked won't take up a lot of room in the stadium, leaving more seats for the paying customers. Well played Malky 

A number of our fans seem confident wel'll start well against St. Johnstone.

Last season's fifth placed side who won both cups and have only lost Tanser (from memory) while we are still looking at Watson/Donaldson/Iacovitti as a back three. 

49 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Last season's fifth placed side who won both cups and have only lost Tanser (from memory) while we are still looking at Watson/Donaldson/Iacovitti as a back three. 

Of the team that started the cup final, the only player we’re missing is Middleton, but in terms of reserve players we’ve also lost Tanser, Conway and Melamed. In general though it’ll be a team who’ve played an entire season together and know their roles inside and out. 

So 1-0 County it is then! 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

We're unbeaten so far this season with victories against Elgin, Brora and Montrose. The managers and players are very positive any time they're quoted in the media.

So long as you don't apply any critical thinking to that, things are looking good.

I do wonder where we'd be had the game against Dundee had gone ahead. That would have been a more useful barometer for where the squad's at.

6 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Happy with that , all in all he’s a steady centre half and vocal enough

He also can’t play more than three games in a row and hasn’t been a regular first pick for over a year.  That defence is an absolute shambles. 

edit: Malkkky’s four or five signings has turned out to be one.  And he was signed. by Hughes. 

Edited by Savage Henry