The General Ross County Chat Thread

Would love a breakdown of what percentage central midfielders have been of our signings over the last three years. If it's less than 40% I'd be shocked.

Dont know anything about him, but we've signed David Cancola tonight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cancola

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/cancola-joins-county
I might be over reacting but this has annoyed me. He signed the precontract in January. Why didn't we announce it then? Also if we've waited this long to announce it, why not wait till the final bits of paper work are through rather than adding it's subject to international clearance etc

Been told for weeks theres "3 or 4" on the brink of signing and the one anouncement we get is a player arguably in an area we have lots of cover and has been on the cards for months

Id worry about McKay claiming he has "extensive experience in Czech football" considering it seems hes played 300 minutes of Czech football in his career.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id worry about McKay claiming he has "extensive experience in Czech football" considering it seems hes played 300 minutes of Czech football in his career.

He helped Vienna qualify for the Europa League by coming off the bench for 1 minute in one qualifying game as well.

Edited by PB1994

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

“Foreign football” is all the same to him.  Substandard, foreign muck.  In fairness to Mackay, this is a Hughes signing.  Might not even know who Cancola is. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

where's my breakdown of central midfielders in percentage terms over the last three years

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

where's my breakdown of central midfielders in percentage terms over the last three years

You wanting this? From 19/20 as he didnt play over 600 league mins last season.

Cancola.thumb.png.af008e7506afb19206f53d25e51c6744.png

i like pretty colours that's true

12 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

This 110%. Easier for the plonkers to blame Malky tho. 

they got the punt in kett's time ffs

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Does that mean he’s poor?

Its a score out of 100 for each "role", compared to other players in the Austrian top flight 19/20.

So, aye, pretty much. Very much a below average jack of all trades type, gives away a lot of fouls.

You never know how players will reach to different leagues/teams though. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a score out of 100 for each "role", compared to other players in the Austrian top flight 19/20.

So, aye, pretty much. Very much a below average jack of all trades type, gives away a lot of fouls.

You never know how players will reach to different leagues/teams though. 

Not too encouraging then , still probably contribute more than draper and Kelly did last season 

So we waited all week for a pre contract signing from January to be announced. During a week where we were told 4 or 5 would be in. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest. Hopefully Cancola is a good addition and can get some good minutes under his belt.

While this is 1. a Hughes signing and 2. Malkkky probably won’t appreciate him and 3. Another central midfielder,  his highlights reel is actually pretty impressive (anyone recall Celcer’s reel, which made him look even worse than he was?).  My guess is he gets Draper’s old number 6.   Despite the pretty chart from Randers, I quite like this signing based on a 10 minute video.

So a 4-1 win today , spittal with two and iacovitti and white with one each , anyone at the game shed any light on how We looked?

Much better than Tuesday. Spittal was extremely lively and linked up very well with Callachan down the right hand side; first goal comes from Spittal slotting in Callachan who’d made a run in behind the Montrose defence and this same run made several other chances for County. Another headed corner goal for Iacovitti, before good build up set up White for the third and a pearler of a strike from Spittal for the fourth. Boys switched off from a quick free kick and allowed Montrose in to pull a goal back but by that time game was comfortably won.
• Back three of Donaldson, Watson and Iacovitti is extremely well balanced. Donaldson, whilst rash in decisional sense, is excellent at stepping out with the ball and has a good passing range. Watson is a good leader and is rarely outmuscled, and Iacovitti is obviously dominant in the air. Maybe lacking a bit of pace but the fact there’s 3 defenders compensates for the lack of pace.

• I can see Spittal and Vokins playing as the wing backs when Paton returns from Canada duty. We know what we get from Spittal, hard working with a wicked delivery. Vokins is fairly similar, seems quick and has a great delivery. Both aren’t the greatest defensively (Vokins not been properly tested over 2 games so maybe unfair to make a judgement) but they will definitely provide attacking threats from wide areas.

• Callachan looks like a breath of fresh air in middle of the park; confident, happy to take ball on back foot and drive at defenders. Him and Paton will link well in the middle of the park. Could do with another holding midfielder as I sometimes feel Tillson is a bit of a passenger as games sometimes pass him by, however Cancola seems to be that defensive midfielder type so we’ll need to see what he’s about.

• Not sold on Dom Samuel up front at all. Not sure on his general strengths; doesn’t seem overly quick, is weak on the ball and his decision making is poor. Expecting White and Shaw to be the focal two up front of Samuel doesn’t improve.

Overall, could do with 3-4 more quality additions to bulk up the squad but early signs on the style of play and shape are promising, in my opinion.