The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Season ticket sales can't be great, sending out fan favourites to issue some sound bite. It's not going to work.

I had somebody from the club phone earlier today to ask if I was renewing my season ticket after getting a phone call last Friday asking the same question so either they're getting desperate for folk to renew or they're just not very good at keeping track of who they've phoned and who they haven't...

13 minutes ago, Sutherland_Staggie said:

I had somebody from the club phone earlier today to ask if I was renewing my season ticket after getting a phone call last Friday asking the same question so either they're getting desperate for folk to renew or they're just not very good at keeping track of who they've phoned and who they haven't...

Sounds about right. 

For all the talk about getting the club sorted out, doing things the "Ross County way" and so forth, the Covid outbreak aside this pre-season has mostly been an absolute shambles. The two loan signings that were promising seem a long, long time ago.

More tin pot stuff as we withdraw from the Challenge Cup.  18 days away and we can’t fulfil a fixture.  County citing rules that have not changed, and recovering from COVID.

Why not just come out with the real reason? We don’t have enough players to fulfil the fixture.

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

More tin pot stuff as we withdraw from the Challenge Cup.  18 days away and we can’t fulfil a fixture.  County citing rules that have not changed, and recovering from COVID.

Why not just come out with the real reason? We don’t have enough players to fulfil the fixture.

What a fucking shambles. Entirely on Mackay, this. 

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

I know it's only a B team in the Challenge Cup, but it's really very embarrassing that County, as an established Premiership club ("eight of the last nine seasons" as they keep saying) can't field a side.

And it's 15:45 on Friday afternoon and so far we have seen none of the "three or four" players Roy suggested we would be signing this week.

4 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ah yes - entirely on Mackay that we got rid of the lot of our Under 20s, that we always use in this competiton, 12 months ago.

Even funnier was it was McGregor with his “morals” that made that decision.  It was not morally correct to furlough them so he paid them all off instead.

FFS what a shambles over the bridge. Sounds almost as bad, if not worse, than our summer of 2017 which, to quote @ICTChris, could only have been worse if "Finlayson invited a few Japanese trawler boats to dock outside the stadium and slaughter some of the dolphins".

Edited by RiG

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

FFS what a shambles over the bridge. Sounds almost as bad, if not worse, than our summer of 2017 which, to quote @ICTChris, could only have been worse if "Finlayson invited a few Japanese trawler boats to dock outside the stadium and slaughter some of the dolphins".

Maybe that's what Mackay was watching over at the beach the other day.

The club are in one hell of a mess, and it just seems to keep getting worse. I am off to OTB to get a nice positive viewpoint. 

28 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ah yes - entirely on Mackay that we got rid of the lot of our Under 20s, that we always use in this competiton, 12 months ago.

In this case, you might be right.  I might ask what Ferguson has been doing all this time, or the head of the academy, whomever that is.

Agree with the comment that the club seems to be In its worst state in years , Fan animosity against the new manager , covid cutting our pre season down to the bare bones , hardly enough players to field a squad , barely any youth players.

let’s just hope they have some kind of vision as with the season fast approaching they are running out of time badly