The General Ross County Chat Thread

13 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Draper can play CB but is a CM.

If you play a 4-4-2 with them together in the middle prepare for pain. Draper is done physically and Vigurs despite his talent is a lazy, narky shitebag.

Hartley wont leave Fyvie on the bench so I guess it will be him and Vigurs in the middle with Masson and Yule on the flanks.

Could be straight for her bench for Draper.

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I heard that about Draper. Massively surprised we even went for him as we have Scully who is very good for L1.

3 year deals are insane I agree. It's what we seem to do to get the signing over the line regardless of the player is aging!

I always worry about recruiting aging players from a league or two above. 

Hope Vigurs works out and he isn't just a moaning whinge bag who doesn't track back.

Draper playing centre back full time might not be the worst idea in the world at this point.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Draper playing centre back full time might not be the worst idea in the world at this point.

To be honest that's the only way I see him fitting into the team even then he will be competing for that place with our new signing Morgyn Neill. We have Ryan Strachan at CB already who is a nailed on starter 

Vigurs is brilliant technical footballer, he can see things other people can’t.  He was never really that fast anyway, his performances in the last five or six games under Hughes pretty much kept us up.  He will be really good for you.

Draper seems to be injured more than he is fit.  But even in the games he did play last season he was fine.  He played lots of games at County as centre half.

The only real issue would be playing them both at midfield at the same time, they would be too pedestrian.  Three year deals seem a bit much, but maybe you needed to offer that security to get them.

I assume they will both be full time?

Edited by Loki

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Vigurs is brilliant technical footballer, he can see things other people can’t.  He was never really that fast anyway, his performances in the last five or six games under Hughes pretty much kept us up.  He will be really good for you.

Draper seems to be injured more than he is fit.  But even in the games he did play last season he was fine.  He played lots of games at County as centre half.

The only real issue would be playing them both at midfield at the same time, they would be too pedestrian.  Three year deals seem a bit much, but maybe you needed to offer that security to get them.

I assume they will both be full time?

Thanks for the post. I hope that's the Vigurs we get as paired alongside Fraser Fyvie would be an immense duo for L1 level. Fyvie is calm and composed in possession, rarely gives it away and controls play at times.

Undoubtedly Blair Yule is a stand out midfielder for us with an incredibly engine so we'd be strong in that area. Our left back Harry Milne is equally as fit as Blair and bombs forward at will.

What's Draper best attribute(s)? Don't know much about him really.

3 year deal is excessive and a gamble but your right, our way of securing the signings. We are a part time club. Heard Vigurs and Tremarco and their partners have started a business and Vigurs was wanting part time football.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

To be honest that's the only way I see him fitting into the team even then he will be competing for that place with our new signing Morgyn Neill. We have Ryan Strachan at CB already who is a nailed on starter 

Neill might be one of the most hopeless footballers I've ever seen. One of the players who had a stinker and sent us down against Stranraer 

11 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thanks for the post. I hope that's the Vigurs we get as paired alongside Fraser Fyvie would be an immense duo for L1 level. Fyvie is calm and composed in possession, rarely gives it away and controls play at times.

Undoubtedly Blair Yule is a stand out midfielder for us with an incredibly engine so we'd be strong in that area. Our left back Harry Milne is equally as fit as Blair and bombs forward at will.

What's Draper best attribute(s)? Don't know much about him really.

3 year deal is excessive and a gamble but your right, our way of securing the signings. We are a part time club. Heard Vigurs and Tremarco and their partners have started a business and Vigurs was wanting part time football.

Draper bullies people.  He’s about 6ft 4 and built like a tank - albeit a tank with a dodgy engine and broken exhaust pipe and which failed its MOT.    Basically, he sits in front of the back four and kills people.    He can pass a bit, and gets forward on occasion. 

I’ve never seen him lose a physical challenge.  There was a St Johnstone midfielder a couple of years ago who was the same size, and it was more akin to sumo than football.   If he’s fit, you’ll appreciate him. If he’s on the opposition, he is not nice at all. 

He’s also very well spoken, polite, keeps his socks rolled up and has quite a good disciplinary record considering his role. 

On 24/06/2021 at 09:19, Savage Henry said:

I’ve never seen him lose a physical challenge.  There was a St Johnstone midfielder a couple of years ago who was the same size, and it was more akin to sumo than football.   If he’s fit, you’ll appreciate him. If he’s on the opposition, he is not nice at all. 

One of the very few players I've seen brush aside Murray Davidson like he was nothing.

49 minutes ago, Comrie said:

One of the very few players I've seen brush aside Murray Davidson like he was nothing.

They’re battles were always good fun, it was like two forces of nature just battling with each other whilst 20 other players tried to play football around them. 

The aforementioned giant, was Matt Butcher, all 6’4 of him, some size, but boy he could play. 

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

No left back, no right back, no left midfield… it’s almost as if Kettlewell had never left. 

I'd have assumed that Randall would be right back out of the current players?  

As for our left side well we've been weak in those areas for many years.

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

I'd have assumed that Randall would be right back out of the current players?  

As for our left side well we've been weak in those areas for many years.

I’m not the fan of Randall that Malkkky seemingly is. 

13 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

P&J has us and Motherwell linked with Ash Taylor says we have offered him the captains armband as an incentive 

So we've gone from signing dodgy centre halves under Ketts to attempting to sign dodgy centre halves under McKay.

13 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Fwiw I think Taylor would actually be a good signing

While I’m inclined to agree, you really have to question what Roy means when he says our new transfer policy will require a bit more patience.  Clearly, Ross Callaghan was lined up by the previous manager, and how much diligence does it take to sign a guy with 150 games in the Scottish top flight?

Edited by Savage Henry