The General Ross County Chat Thread

I fear this is another summer of everyone else around us strengthening and us getting worse.
Not that I'm that bothered while the Malkster is in charge, but you'd have thought we'd have made a few decent signings by now. 

Don’t think we’re arsed about the league this year. We’re clearly building a squad for the tennents sixes.

28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

But at least the new Joma leisurewear is out.   At a mark up of 350%.

Always amazed at how poor the online shop is, just have random bits everywhere. 

As for the training wear there seems to be a fair bit of yellow. I can remember us having an away shirt around 1995 which was yellow, I wonder if we are returning to that?

Still doesn't seem to be much out there in regards to players coming in.

9 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Malky interview on the club youtube channel now.
This could make or break whether you see me at the ground this season.

If the accent of the interviewer doesn't put you off, not much else will. "SHQUAD" 

Around 9 minutes in, he makes a comment about "going down there" or at least I think that is what he said as the audio isn't the best, so assuming we will be looking at English players. Also sounds like the club will be utilising the loan market, but not until players are back from the Euros. It certainly doesn't look like there is going to be any imminent business, and he has admitted that it is unlikely that the side that starts the season will be the one to play just a few weeks after. The club finally seems to be getting a scouting department, or something similar. It will be interesting to see how they manage that. I imagine most would be outsourced, rather than directly employed. 

Not that I can, but it certainly isn't an interview that would change my mind about getting a season ticket, then again he could say that Messi has signed and I still wouldn't watch a Ross County side with Mackay in charge. Most likely just my dislike of the guy, but there is just something off about him. Even the way he conducts himself in that interview, he doesn't look particularly comfortable. 

4 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

If the accent of the interviewer doesn't put you off, not much else will. "SHQUAD" 

Around 9 minutes in, he makes a comment about "going down there" or at least I think that is what he said as the audio isn't the best, so assuming we will be looking at English players. Also sounds like the club will be utilising the loan market, but not until players are back from the Euros. It certainly doesn't look like there is going to be any imminent business, and he has admitted that it is unlikely that the side that starts the season will be the one to play just a few weeks after. The club finally seems to be getting a scouting department, or something similar. It will be interesting to see how they manage that. I imagine most would be outsourced, rather than directly employed. 

Not that I can, but it certainly isn't an interview that would change my mind about getting a season ticket, then again he could say that Messi has signed and I still wouldn't watch a Ross County side with Mackay in charge. Most likely just my dislike of the guy, but there is just something off about him. Even the way he conducts himself in that interview, he doesn't look particularly comfortable. 

Not one mention of the elephant in the room at all there. Totally tone deaf and frankly quite a boring interview. 

Just now, staggy1929 said:

Not one mention of the elephant in the room at all there. Totally tone deaf and frankly quite a boring interview. 

The club have pretty much doubled down on that now, it won't ever be brought up. 

Just now, UAE1929 said:

The club have pretty much doubled down on that now, it won't ever be brought up. 

I actually thought that the first official interview with Mackay from the club would be where it was addressed. 

Notice not one mention of fans or anything like that at all. In a 14 minute interview you'd expect there to be a mention of supporters.

10 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

This is a club that blocks fans on social media for calling press releases “terse”.  Tone deaf is a deliberate choice.  

I’m not remotely surprised that the poor, under qualified media guy (minimum wage, part time hours, as I recall) can’t put together a competent video, though. 

edit: loan players =\= club identity.  That was clearly bollocks by Roy. 

Edited by Savage Henry

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’ve signed Billy McKay. Any good?

Yeah he’ll be fine for you guys.  Still plenty In the tank and will score goals.  He’ll get 15-20 for you guys for sure.

16 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I actually thought that the first official interview with Mackay from the club would be where it was addressed. 

Notice not one mention of fans or anything like that at all. In a 14 minute interview you'd expect there to be a mention of supporters.

I just listened to it there, tbh I thought it was quite a good interview. The timing of the interview, after signing a brand new backroom team is going to focus them, their attributes & the future vision. I'm not sure what others were expecting.  What's new to be said about fans, that you'd expect to be discussed in this interview?

On 15/06/2021 at 09:43, Matty-RCFC said:

Those fixtures are brutal. Was trying to look for the first winnable game of the season and I’m still looking for I cannot find one. Didn’t realise how competitive the league actually is this year.

Yeah, it's a very tough start. 5 of last season's top 6 in the first fixtures. Then two away games against closer rivals after that.

We'll be underdogs that's for sure, hopefully others will underestimate us and we can pull a few surprises 🤞

27 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I just listened to it there, tbh I thought it was quite a good interview. The timing of the interview, after signing a brand new backroom team is going to focus them, their attributes & the future vision. I'm not sure what others were expecting.  What's new to be said about fans, that you'd expect to be discussed in this interview?

I have no issue with the focus being on the backroom staff, but with there being a massive backlash (for our standards anyway) and for the manager himself to not address the supporters concerns is fairly disheartening considering we're still meant to be a community club. I'm not surprised by it though after Roy's comments.

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I don't think the timing really matters, this was the first interview with Mackay since he has been appointed by one of the clubs official channels. As mentioned above the vision doesn't seem to go in line with what MacGregor said the day before Mackay's appointment.

It would have been good to see the club address the issues that numerous fans have brought up with the appointment. Especially as large numbers of our support look all but set to chuck it in. They could have spun a narrative on it, but to totally avoid the subject just adds to the frustration that many fans have. 

On 10/06/2021 at 20:01, RiG said:

We've apparently offered contracts to Mckay and Gardyne. What kind of players are they? Don't know much about them...

20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We’ve signed Billy McKay. Any good?

Get your own patter :angry:

I hope to christ we don't get Caley in a cup game and Midge runs at Randall.

Edited by Comrie