The General Ross County Chat Thread

I noticed Lafferty being mentioned on here. He’s apparently after 4x what Killie can offer him. So you’d guess he’s wanting at least 6k a week. Reckon Royston would sanction that?

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I noticed Lafferty being mentioned on here. He’s apparently after 4x what Killie can offer him. So you’d guess he’s wanting at least 6k a week. Reckon Royston would sanction that?

Probably add another 2k onto that as County are in the blasted wastes of the Highlands.

He’s taken a battering from the press after recent comments in the paper and the Killie fans seemed to have turned on him. Seems like the bad guy again.

Therefore, Roy will offer £10k a week on a 4 year deal as he fits the bill.

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Keith watson has signed a new one year deal , happy with that for experience and continuity provided he’s mainly seen as back up

Not sure continuity is a good thing.  

Watson I think has run his course at the club. He was fantastic the year we won the Championship but his lack of pace and inability to distribute from the back seriously limits his usefulness.

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Keith watson has signed a new one year deal , happy with that for experience and continuity provided he’s mainly seen as back up

I'm happy that he's re-signed too. He's a very useful player across the whole backline and by all accounts a great trainer and hard worker 💪 

On 04/06/2021 at 20:09, sophia said:

I'm sitting there thinking that the widespread and unequivocal boycott would hold.

My mind rewinds and the Notts miners are insistently redolent.

It's honestly a bit pathetic how quickly folk got back to the mundanity of what players nice Uncle Roy should chuck his chequebook at.

14 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It's honestly a bit pathetic how quickly folk got back to the mundanity of what players nice Uncle Roy should chuck his chequebook at.

I don’t know about that.  I mean you are right, but it’s a distraction from the genuinely serious hideousness. A coping mechanism.  Or at least for me it is.    And, lest we forget, the club have released Iain Vigurs and Jason Naismith, and replaced them with Ross Callachan and some freaky combination of Keith Watson and Connor Randall.  Not one thing at the club is good, but at least one of the new players yet to sign might not be shite. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

At least the club seem to treating Morris with a bit of dignity - he is still able to do his injury rehab at the stadium.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/callum-morris-open-to-scotland-departure-as-defender-discusses-ross-county-exit/

Morris seems to be able to analyse the team’s performances better than his previous managers.

I'd expect us to have a busy first week in July as Malky will surely be exploring the English market. The transfer window down there only opened up yesterday and some players will still be under contract until June 30.