The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

I was very surprised to see Bradford are in League 2. I assumed they were League 1. They're obviously a bigger club, but you'd think the extent of his achievements at Morecambe would get him a gig at a similar-sized club in League 1 or even the lower end of the Championship. Maybe he just likes the idea of the project at Bradford. I've no idea of their financial position, but it's not unreasonable for them to have ambitions of being back in the Championship in a few years.

Bradford have the financial clout to compete higher up the leagues, however have struggled to maintain a good managerial team since Phil Parkinson left a few years ago now. They are a big club down here and regularly pull in crowds of 25-30k for a League 2 match. Also able to attract decent players from League 1/Championship and keep them there too.

They will also allow Derek to bring in his own type of players and build a team around their stars, without the need to sell as Morecambe definitely do. Very good move for him, and can easily see him taking Bradford up the leagues.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Two year deal, rather than three.  

Makes more sense tbh, I don't know what formation El Racismo plays but I'd imagine it would need a 10 or at least 3 central midfielders to get Callachan in.

19 hours ago, forkboy said:

I'm not sure a guy who alienates the locker room is really a well worth going back to. Played a huge part in getting the club where we are today, & obviously I'd take him over Harmless Banter Man Malky but sometimes the past isn't worth going back to.

The Adams' situation became toxic because there was two of them, and the relationship with Roy and some of the players became an "us" vs "them" mentality. I would happily take either Adams back, just not both of them.

Happy with the signing of callachan , 1 good signing won’t make this summer a success though we need many players of good quality to avoid last seasons slog again , the club have stated that season ticket renewals open on Monday it will be interesting to see if they announce another signing to whet the appetite for season tickets

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Greg Kiltie, anyone?  

Yes, I'd take him.

I'd hope we'd offer Lafferty a deal too with Cowie/Callachan/Randall playing with him at Hearts but I can't see him leaving the central belt. I can see him ending up at Motherwell or maybe Dundee United.

I'd take Kiltie.

Lafferty would want an insane wage to locate up here and he's also a proper scumbag so no thanks.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I'd take Kiltie.

Lafferty would want an insane wage to locate up here he's also a proper scumbag so no thanks.

If this talk of ambition has any legs, these are the type of players County ought to be looking at.  Kiltie at any rate doesn’t seem outside of the realms of possibility. 

Edited by Savage Henry

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Greg Kiltie, anyone?  

I hear we’ve been in talks with Kiltie along with a few teams, but Bolton have emerged as front runners as they can obviously blow any of the Scottish clubs out of the water financially.

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I hear we’ve been in talks with Kiltie along with a few teams, but Bolton have emerged as front runners as they can obviously blow any of the Scottish clubs out of the water financially.

I would imagine that would well be the case.  I think he’ll have a bunch of offers already.  But, as I say, the type of team any club with “ambition” in Scotland would be looking at.    

Edit: Bradford City will probably be throwing money at the best Scottish players now, too.

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I would imagine that would well be the case.  I think he’ll have a bunch of offers already.  But, as I say, the type of team any club with “ambition” in Scotland would be looking at.  

Really good player who would definitely be a cracking signing for one of the bottom six teams. 

Polworth confirming he'd been speaking with Hughes about going back up the road. Sounds like he was/is into it as well.

"It looked as if Hughes was going to throw Polworth a lifeline out of Motherwell by luring him to Ross County, however, the change of manager in Dingwall last month ended any hopes of a Highland return for the ex-Scotland Under-21s man.

He explained: “Yogi was my manager at Inverness and he’s watched my career since then.

“Obviously a lot has changed for me, playing-wise and he was interested, trying to get me to come back up the road.

“I’m from up the road and it would have been be ideal for my family, close to our friends and for our kids it would have been ideal.

“When Yogi left Ross County, I haven’t heard anything since in terms of a move back north. It was mainly John speaking to me directly.”

After confirming that he’s not spoken to ICT about a switch back home, Polworth added: “I do want to stay at this level and I have been speaking to a couple of different teams."

“I just want to see which one best suits me in terms of my family.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats