The General Ross County Chat Thread

Guest Ieuan16

I've never been so apathetic about a summer transfer window in my time supporting County.

Quite sad about it, actually.

I think Callaghan could be a really good signing. I'm surprised that he's only 27 years old, thought he was about 30ish.

He seemed to be a real leader on the pitch for Hamilton last year so that's something we could clearly do with. Also if he can find the net like he had been the last few months, that'll be a bonus too.

I  think with these kinds of signings that the risk sometimes outweighs the reward, Callachan had a relatively good season last year in a poor team. However he's been average (being generous) in much better teams. So who knows what we'll get out of him and I suppose we have to hope for the best. 3 year deal is wild though, would rather have kept Naismith than signed Callachan tbh but hope the boy does well as he works hard by all accounts.

Unless you've somebody else in CM who can sit and break up play (thinking prime Bartley) then all Callachan goals going forward are negated by the fact you'll concede far more due to him never being anywhere near where he should be. A headless chicken who will charge around, misplace and mis-control the simplest of passes. 

I'd be ecstatic if he signed for County as I was genuinely worried he'd be back at Dens. 

Add me to list of fans relieved he's not joined the club I support.

Woeful CM who's only "upside" is his goals, and even then he only managed a mighty 5 in the league last season, despite getting free reign to stand at the edge of the box for 90 minutes and skelp it every time he gets the chance.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Add me to list of fans relieved he's not joined the club I support.

Woeful CM who's only "upside" is his goals, and even then he only managed a mighty 5 in the league last season, despite getting free reign to stand at the edge of the box for 90 minutes and skelp it every time he gets the chance.

lol wut?

7 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

lol wut?

4 of the 9 were penalties. I forgot to say "5 non-penalty goals" tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

It was definitely nine tbf. The Rangers one was a McGregor OG.

Don't play him deeper than attacking midfield and don't let him touch the ball too much. He suited playing between and behind two strikers too.

I was very surprised to see Bradford are in League 2. I assumed they were League 1. They're obviously a bigger club, but you'd think the extent of his achievements at Morecambe would get him a gig at a similar-sized club in League 1 or even the lower end of the Championship. Maybe he just likes the idea of the project at Bradford. I've no idea of their financial position, but it's not unreasonable for them to have ambitions of being back in the Championship in a few years.

2 hours ago, stagdhu said:

Just seen Derek Adams has left Morecambe to “pursue an opportunity elsewhere”. Just a shame it isn’t here.....

I'm not sure a guy who alienates the locker room is really a well worth going back to. Played a huge part in getting the club where we are today, & obviously I'd take him over Harmless Banter Man Malky but sometimes the past isn't worth going back to.