The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

Are we edging towards sack the board (uncle royston) or is it more the case that money talks?

It's a serious point and if P&B is the settled will rather than an echo chamber of a few dozen, this is a rubicon and UR and his cash are history.

I know where my money is.

Would say from P&B, OTB and the County fans I know who visit neither it's a 70/30 split. There's a few happy the deadwood is gone and don't give a toss if we get three points. Same with most clubs I'd assume, it's just the Highland club fanbases are generally less tolerant of racist pish than a lot of others.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Would say from P&B, OTB and the County fans I know who visit neither it's a 70/30 split. There's a few happy the deadwood is gone and don't give a toss if we get three points. Same with most clubs I'd assume, it's just the Highland club fanbases are generally less tolerant of racist pish than a lot of others.

Facebook fans are 103% in favour of Malky. 

14 minutes ago, sophia said:

Are we edging towards sack the board (uncle royston) or is it more the case that money talks?

It's a serious point and if P&B is the settled will rather than an echo chamber of a few dozen, this is a rubicon and UR and his cash are history.

I know where my money is.

Being seriously honest here, if this is the way the old crusty bugger wants to run his “team” and mess our fans around, let him. He will never understand the value of us supporters, and even when we turn our back on our beloved club in the name of justice and morality he will just still complain and cry wolf as he is wholly delusional, as is his Merry band of followers.

At this point, I would rather us drop down a division (under perhaps fan ownership or new owners) and play decent football with a “cheaper” squad than have a new pot-luck team every season which just plays hoof ball and manages to stay up by a bawhair.

Edited by stagdhu

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Facebook fans are 103% in favour of Malky. 

Glad I've dropped off Facebook, just absolutely full of roasters.

I watched part of Mackay's video addressing the texts that's linked in the article, and Roy's basically just parrotted out the line about us all having stuff we wouldn't want to see the light of day. Hilarious to see the 'medicine' line getting used again, too.

Everything County are doing just now is misstep after misstep. It's mind-boggling. 

Part me of me's glad the club have finally acknowledged the manager's past, but mostly I wished they hadn't bothered.

Genuinely feel pretty bad for County fans. The fans make clubs what they are, not Chair Persons. If the Board don't listen to their main source of income then they may as well pump all their money into an amateur club with no supporters. If this was Dens, Nelms would do a U-turn quick sharp because he knows where his bread is buttered.

In an area where your fan base is quite contained in one small place, I really worry for the future of the club if he sticks with his arrogance.

Best of luck getting MacKay out.

That's...well, shocking isn't the word, nothing is shocking after hiring the big racist shite. Roy needs to take a long hard look in the mirror though. He's handled this so poorly. On top of needing a new manager the club definitely need new PR.

Yet more dreadful responses from Macgregor in the P&J this morning, instead of apologising for essentially brushing off club legends, and admitting they could have kept them informed of internal progress, he’s gone with a “could have been worse, could have sent them by carrier pigeon...should count themselves lucky, if anything” approach. Bold...and fucking stupid.

The ability to mis-read the room on almost every topic at the moment is verging on the impressive. It’s like they’ve decided that running a club competently and communicating in a professional manner is boring, and that it’ll be much better crack to take a scorched earth approach and see what happens amidst the chaos.

[note to Roy]: what “happens”‘is the continual alienation of fans (and likely prospective new players) and a subsequent reduction in both revenue (short and long-term) and ability to see the club progress.

Needs better. Much, much better.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3185464/ross-county-chairman-roy-macgregor-telling-players-theyre-leaving-better-by-zoom-than-by-phone/

Has he always been like this? Or is this just the first time it's been so visible?

I don't pay particular attention but he's one I've been seen involved in anything at all apart from pumping money in.

Hell of a heel turn this.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has he always been like this? Or is this just the first time it's been so visible?

I don't pay particular attention but he's one I've been seen involved in anything at all apart from pumping money in.

Hell of a heel turn this.

That's exactly what it is, I've spent time in his company (literally, I don't mean Global) but certainly don't claim to be itk on anything particular but MacGregor has always been a man of the people sort and quite approachable, whether he takes any heed of what you say is another thing but he's a wealthy business man so that's a justifiable position imo.

This last week has been horrific. As football fans, especially County fans, we're used to negative headlines after a heavy defeat or a top player looking to move on for little return but what's happening now is all TOTALLY SELF INFLICTED.  I for one am at a loss by it all.  I'm at the brink of binning MY team, it's a crazy situation to be in but positions seem to be getting entrenched, which can only be bad for County. 

Season ticket renewals are about to go out to everyone and at this moment, I've no intention of giving them one more £ of my money. I hate feeling like this and can't understand why those who have acted so well before (yes mistakes have been made) have read the room so so badly.

Now the dust has settled I can see why Roy has brought in Mackay , his role with the sfa involved overseeing the younger age groups he maybe wants to come here and get in a bunch of promising young players that otherwise may not have came in normal circumstances  and sell them on at a higher fee , not to mention his contacts in English and Scottish football , there’s also the point he’s worked with Cowie at 3 previous clubs so I’d say it seems pretty obvious he is here to get Cowie ready to take the club forward when the time comes that Mackay departs , the only hitch in Roy’s plan has been the fan reaction he may not have expected it as badly as it’s been , time will tell if malky is indeed a reformed character or not but id say his and Roy’s positions depend much more greatly on the fans than they maybe realised. For what it’s worth Roy and Cowie both appear decent guys and I think if Mackay was to be a bad influence at the club they wouldn’t have gone for him. What he did was wrong though and hope he and the club address the situation correctly before moving forward as that is the only way I can see all the fans getting back on side 

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Now the dust has settled I can see why Roy has brought in Mackay , his role with the sfa involved overseeing the younger age groups he maybe wants to come here and get in a bunch of promising young players that otherwise may not have came in normal circumstances  and sell them on at a higher fee , not to mention his contacts in English and Scottish football , there’s also the point he’s worked with Cowie at 3 previous clubs so I’d say it seems pretty obvious he is here to get Cowie ready to take the club forward when the time comes that Mackay departs , the only hitch in Roy’s plan has been the fan reaction he may not have expected it as badly as it’s been , time will tell if malky is indeed a reformed character or not but id say his and Roy’s positions depend much more greatly on the fans than they maybe realised. For what it’s worth Roy and Cowie both appear decent guys and I think if Mackay was to be a bad influence at the club they wouldn’t have gone for him. What he did was wrong though and hope he and the club address the situation correctly before moving forward as that is the only way I can see all the fans getting back on side 

While you are quite within your rights to say that, I’m out until Mackay is gone.  His appointment is evidence that community means hee-haw to McGregor or the club. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

While you are quite within your rights to say that, I’m out until Mackay is gone.  His appointment is evidence that community means hee-haw to McGregor or the club. 

I completely get where you are coming from but as has been brought up with martindale everyone deserves the chance to reform and I think if mackay fronts up and apologises whilst showing remorse for his actions he should be allowed a chance but for me currently I’m against his appointment until such a time he offers his apologies and remorse for all the fans and in general society itself.

17 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I completely get where you are coming from but as has been brought up with martindale everyone deserves the chance to reform and I think if mackay fronts up and apologises whilst showing remorse for his actions he should be allowed a chance but for me currently I’m against his appointment until such a time he offers his apologies and remorse for all the fans and in general society itself.

Yeah, I'm in a bit of limbo with this and just trying to clear my head with it all.

But as others have put probably more eloquently than me (I ran out of greenies the other day) there's very little remorse, it's as if everyone is acknowledging an incident occurred 6 or 7 years ago but no one wants to address the matter, which is REALLY EFFIN important to many Scottish football & County supporters.

By fronting up and talking about this openly we can all hopefully see if Mackay is a reformed character. Hopefully he is and we can progress but if it becomes apparent that he hasn't reformed, it's important for the club to get him TF! Because as well as supporters leaving, sponsors will start withdrawing £ too.  

The Club, MacGregor, Ferguson, Mackay himself, can't stick their collective heads in the sand on this matter, it's not going to blow away once the Euro's start, or we sign a new player or two.

Edited by frankthetank22

51 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Yup. Totally fair. The one other thing I’d add is that my perception of Mackay’s actions has to be guided by the response of the targets of his prejudices.  I’m a white , middle class male and it’s far too easy for me to pass judgement on whether he should be forgiven or not. 

16 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Considering this happened 7 years (?) ago, I’d say that ship has sailed.

Any apology or show of remorse would just be a box ticking exercise to try and get the fans back on side.

I didn't particularly like Mackay before the text scandal came out, thought he came across as very arrogant, but didn't he attempt to apologise?  I'm not sure this is deemed acceptable, it would really be down to the groups of society he offended to say if they can forgive/ move on from his comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DihPr07UlwM

Should Mackay have to apologise/ explain every time he moves club?  I'm not saying whether he should/ shouldn't, genuinely asking.  Should then Declan Gallagher have to explain/ apologise his actions when he moved from Livi -Motherwell and now to Aberdeen?  Should he have to explain himself everytime he's called into a Scotland squad?

Hes not an individual I particularly want to stick up for, its more the general principle that surely there has to be consistency in how we treat these situations.

23 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I didn't particularly like Mackay before the text scandal came out, thought he came across as very arrogant, but didn't he attempt to apologise?  I'm not sure this is deemed acceptable, it would really be down to the groups of society he offended to say if they can forgive/ move on from his comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DihPr07UlwM

Should Mackay have to apologise/ explain every time he moves club?  I'm not saying whether he should/ shouldn't, genuinely asking.  Should then Declan Gallagher have to explain/ apologise his actions when he moved from Livi -Motherwell and now to Aberdeen?  Should he have to explain himself everytime he's called into a Scotland squad?

Hes not an individual I particularly want to stick up for, its more the general principle that surely there has to be consistency in how we treat these situations.

The gist of that apology is that he’s sorry if people were offended but there were ten thousand messages sent to/ from his phone and three that he sent were offensive and he was under pressure and anyway if you checked anyone's phone there would be offensive messages. So wind your necks in snowflakes.

Apologies if you feel like I've misrepresented you there Malky but I'm under a lot pressure here getting the kids ready for school and anyway who here hasn't misrepresented someone else on the Internet.