The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I think I said earlier in the thread that Roy will probably invest massively this year to try get players and fans onside. It will certainly be an interesting summer. 

If Roy wants to change the club's strategy (again) by splashing the cash then, generally speaking, I'm fine with that. What I still can't get my head around is deciding to appoint such a divisive character to spearhead it. Could he really not have found an up-and-coming manager with the qualifications and connections to do the job? Someone the whole support could have gotten behind rather than alienating a large section of it. 

Even if Roy believes Mackay is a reformed character, the reaction was blindingly predictable and they've put little-to-no effort in to assuaging those legitimate concerns. Why bother with the hassle in the first place? It's not as if Mackay is the second coming of Alex Ferguson. Just baffling all round.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/squad-update

No more Naismith, damn.

Iain Vigurs, Michael Gardyne, Callum Morris, Jason Naismith, Ross Draper, Billy Mckay, Jermaine Hylton, Mohamed Maouche, Carl Tremarco & Tony Andreu will all be leaving Ross County upon expiry of their existing deals.

Edited by Comrie

On 26/05/2021 at 10:58, staggy1929 said:

Know what I can see happening, I can see Malky's first signing being someone that isn't white so he  and the club can be like 'see? how can I be racist if I sign black players?' Which will pull the wool over the eyes of absolutely no one.

The signing would probably be Israel Folau.

3 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

The signing would probably be Israel Folau.

"A good religious man" ticks a lot of boxes for Roy.

I have had a good long hard think about the situation today. Racism or any similar behaviour is totally wrong. I do however believe that no one can be vilified for all eternity for past indiscretions. People deserve second chances and it is up to them to seize the opportunities given to them and prove to people that they are changed chracters. On that basis I will be renewing my season tickets with the club I have suppoirted for over 25 years. Others may disagree, but thankfully we live in a democracy that allows us to do that.

2 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Laidlaw
Randall
Donaldson
Grivosti
Iacovitti
Charles-Cook
Tillson
Paton
White
Shaw

Slam a youngster in there and we have a starting XI

Randall and Charles-Cook as wing backs would have me absolutely terrified. That Dundee see who beat Killie would put about ten past that line up.

3 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Laidlaw
Randall
Donaldson
Grivosti
Iacovitti
Charles-Cook
Tillson
Paton
White
Shaw

Slam a youngster in there and we have a starting XI

Randall is going to be the starting right back, isn’t he?  Naismith was head and shoulders above the other defenders, I can only assume he wants to play for a competently run club. 

Just now, silver said:

People deserve second chances and it is up to them to seize the opportunities given to them and prove to people that they are changed chracters. .

Since the initial incident what has Malky Mackay done to show he is a changed character?

This isn’t a second chance for him.  He’s already been employed by Wigan and the SFA.  And in that time what has Malky Mackay done to show he is a reformed character?

My understanding is he did mandated training on diversity from Show Racism the Red Card.  And has made a half baked apology where he still insisted he wasn’t a racist, homophobe or misogynist.

I don’t think he has done enough to show he is a reformed character to allow him to get a high profile job in Scotland. And for that reason County can do one.

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Since the initial incident what has Malky Mackay done to show he is a changed character?

This isn’t a second chance for him.  He’s already been employed by Wigan and the SFA.  And in that time what has Malky Mackay done to show he is a reformed character?

My understanding is he did mandated training on diversity from Show Racism the Red Card.  And has made a half baked apology where he still insisted he wasn’t a racist, homophobe or misogynist.

I don’t think he has done enough to show he is a reformed character to allow him to get a high profile job in Scotland. And for that reason County can do one.

The lack of awareness to even address this is inexcusable. The club gives not a damn about the fans, and for that reason, they can do one.   Also: the squad is fucking abysmal.  And the manager is hopeless.  And racist. 

Edited by Savage Henry

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

No more Naismith, damn.

Iain Vigurs, Michael Gardyne, Callum Morris, Jason Naismith, Ross Draper, Billy Mckay, Jermaine Hylton, Mohamed Maouche, Carl Tremarco & Tony Andreu will all be leaving Ross County upon expiry of their existing deals.

Can understand getting rid of a couple of ageing players. Don't want to go stale and you need to update the dressing room every so often.

Not entirely sure its the best idea getting rid of them all in one go, though.

Have been a Ross County supporter for over 30 years and will continue to do so. 

I can understand why some are upset with Mackays appointment, however the controversy aside, I think he will get results.

From the clearout announced earlier and the fact that Mackay won't come cheap, it looks as though Macgregor will be investing heavily this year and hopefully a team is built that can be around for some years, cementing our place in the top flight. There is not a huge gulf in class from 3/4th to the bottom and with the right recruitment we could sit in top 6 comfortably.  

Vigurs/Gardyne, have undoubtedly been tremendous players for us over the years but the time is right to let them go. Both left us to advance their careers some years ago and it is time for the club to advance without them. 

Naismith is the only one I am sad to see go and we will be hard pushed to replace. 

What players do we think we can recruit to build team around?

21 minutes ago, stag317 said:

Jackson Irvine would be my priority, on a rumoured £2,100 a week at Hibs and out of contract. Get him in the middle of the park and build the team around him. 

Be as well asking for Lionel Messi.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

No more Naismith, damn.

Is Spittal being kept on? If not any rumours where he is likely to be heading?

thanks

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Is Spittal being kept on? If not any rumours where he is likely to be heading?

thanks

Sounds like he’s being released, as “talks continue” with him, Keith Watson and the reserve keeper.