The General Ross County Chat Thread

28 minutes ago, seancedin said:

Daily Record reporting Gardyne, Draper and Mackay are all being released.

Also Richie Brittain has updated his LinkedIn which suggests he's away also - new management team coming in? Wonder what that means for Don Cowie.

I'm sorry to see all three of those going, especially Billy - he's definitely still got goals in him, and I expect I'll be looking on in envy as he batters in goals week in -week out for someone else.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

ICT would be mad not to look at McKay, especially if Todorov moves on.

All three of them will probably do well in the Championship next year. Draper isn’t physically up to it anymore, unfortunately.  

11 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

ICT would be mad not to look at McKay, especially if Todorov moves on.

We were looking at him in January IIRC so I suspect he will be on our radar but other Championship clubs will also fancy taking a look at him as well you'd imagine. But if he's pretty settled up north then that might count in our favour (a little).

3 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Would rather have kept Midge than that diddy RCC, even if he is about 10 years older than him.

Malky is no racist!  Fact!  He kept one of our worst players, and he’s a person of colour!

26 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Have we even been linked with any players recently? Can't see many wanting to come up here to play under Malky with the backlash the appointment got.

I think the whole game is morally bankrupt. I’d love to see the club made a pariah, but unfortunately Uncle Roy’s cash will hold sway.  Or they’ll just sign Leigh Griffiths and the like. 

6 hours ago, big al said:

There’s no morals in football, so don’t really get the reaction here.  Players try to con the ref, the financial side of football is scandalous at times, managers tell you to cheat, agents....... well could be here all day with them. The list goes on and worse than Malky Mackay have been employed in the game.
Take up golf if you prefer a sport with morals, although occasionally there are cheats at golf too sadly.

Only thing that matters is results, at all costs. That’s the beautiful game for you. 

while its not a nice thought, its hard to argue against that point being true 

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think the whole game is morally bankrupt. I’d love to see the club made a pariah, but unfortunately Uncle Roy’s cash will hold sway.  Or they’ll just sign Leigh Griffiths and the like. 

I think I said earlier in the thread that Roy will probably invest massively this year to try get players and fans onside. It will certainly be an interesting summer. 

Which Highland league club do the best pies? that's the real question.

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I think I said earlier in the thread that Roy will probably invest massively this year to try get players and fans onside. It will certainly be an interesting summer. 

Clach have a pretty good pie stand. Last time I went in about £11.50 got me in, a 50/50 ticket, a pie and a tea.

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Nairn do Ashers pies. Not quite as good as Deas, but better than Harry Gow.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Clach have a pretty good pie stand. Last time I went in about £11.50 got me in, a 50/50 ticket, a pie and a tea.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Nairn do Ashers pies. Not quite as good as Deas, but better than Harry Gow.

Cheers troops, Will definitely do the rounds of highland league teams this season, few of my mates are in the same boat as me here so should be interesting.

Och Richie will change his mind.

Also Richie Brittain has updated his LinkedIn which suggests he's away also - new management team coming in? Wonder what that means for Don Cowie.
I'm sorry to see all three of those going, especially Billy - he's definitely still got goals in him, and I expect I'll be looking on in envy as he batters in goals week in -week out for someone else.