The General Ross County Chat Thread

47 minutes ago, big al said:

There’s no morals in football, so don’t really get the reaction here.  Players try to con the ref, the financial side of football is scandalous at times, managers tell you to cheat, agents....... well could be here all day with them. The list goes on and worse than Malky Mackay have been employed in the game.
Take up golf if you prefer a sport with morals, although occasionally there are cheats at golf too sadly.

Only thing that matters is results, at all costs. That’s the beautiful game for you. 

Away to shite comparing diving to racism. That's daft.

If you're fine with your team hiring a racist that's your business. But I don't think that football is actually that important in the scheme of things. 

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

And he apologised, had a trial by media and went out of his way to show remorse, guilt and growth. Mackay has done the square root of f**k all to make amends for the shit he said*. He's basically decided to hide from it and hope it goes away and people forget. 

Martindale was punished for his crimes and served his time, Mackay has just magically fell from job to job. If any other person says something like that it'd fall under the Communications Act and they could struggle to get a job. It's the same old boys club mentality that's rife in certain organisations. I'm not even sure Mackay was charged under the 2003 Act which would've carried up to 6 months in prison and/or up to a category 5 fine.

*This doesn't count, it basically amounts to, "I got caught being racist, sexist and homophobic, but I'm not racist, sexist or homophobic though!".

"Mackay apologised at the time for sending three “completely unacceptable” messages during his time as Cardiff City manager and said: “What I said at the time I deeply regret” but insisted “I’m no racist, I’m no sexist, I’m no homophobe, I’m not antisemitic”."

Martindale was working for herion dealers,  the most heavy duty ones in the land 

1 hour ago, big al said:

There’s no morals in football, so don’t really get the reaction here.  Players try to con the ref, the financial side of football is scandalous at times, managers tell you to cheat, agents....... well could be here all day with them. The list goes on and worse than Malky Mackay have been employed in the game.
Take up golf if you prefer a sport with morals, although occasionally there are cheats at golf too sadly.

Only thing that matters is results, at all costs. That’s the beautiful game for you. 

Comparing sending racist, homophobic and bigoted text messages and calling it "friendly text message banter" to someone falling over trying to win a penalty :lol: 

Edited by RiG

26 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

His pals in the press are stepping up to the plate.

Weird that he seems perfectly accepting of the racist, sexist and homophobic stuff MacKay was involved in but isn't okay by a manager having *checks notes* a messy appearance...

1 hour ago, big al said:

Claiming a thrown in for your team is definitely the same as racism, bigotry, sexism, homophobia and other nasty stuff.

Exactly the same.

Guest TheJTS98
On 21/08/2014 at 06:21, RandomGuy. said:

To be fair you can hear worse on a daily basis at quite lot of work places in this country, in saying that the folk at these work places usually have a point they'll reign themselves in, while these two seem to just keep going and going.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You just keep defending a middle aged bigot because "people change".

It's interesting that 7 years has taken RG from a position of 'To be fair' to a position of resolute and never-ending condemnation. BAD IS BAD AND BAD FOREVER.

I imagine this hard-lining is due to Twitter.

6 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

It's interesting that 7 years has taken RG from a position of 'To be fair' to a position of resolute and never-ending condemnation. BAD IS BAD AND BAD FOREVER.

I imagine this hard-lining is due to Twitter.

Absolutely normal behaviour, this. 

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

HOLY HISTORIC POST SEARCHING BATMAN!!

It's on the most recent page of Misc Other Fitba. Hardly required extensive searching.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Absolutely normal behaviour, this. 

Reading the most recent page of Misc Other Fitba?

I do it most days.

Edited by TheJTS98

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Gardyne and Billy Mckay released according to Scott Burns. Herr Malky off to a great start with his attempt to win over the fans.

Midge being released?
C4vdamnWEAEsBy2.thumb.jpg.31c5c7d594ec47cbfe611439ab65d0b0.jpg

A shame if Midge is away. Was obviously on a decline but would've liked to see him stay as a squad player and come on as an impact sub. Draper, meh. Mckay is probably actually the best player out of the 3 of them but him being released doesn't shock me. He'll do well at a Raith/Dunfermline next season. Wonder if we will get a list today/tomorrow about who's staying or going. 

1 minute ago, MarkPockets said:

Mckay is probably actually the best player out of the 3 of them but him being released doesn't shock me. He'll do well at a Raith/Dunfermline next season. Wonder if we will get a list today/tomorrow about who's staying or going. 

Mckay will get goals for a team that don't see him spending 85% of the game chasing lost causes in midfield because our midfield is a complete and utter mess.