The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Great Post?

"It's unfair to try and force out Mackay because all these horrible folk are in the game aswell, give the poor guy a chance!"

It was multiple staff at Cardiff, and that's only the times he was caught.

If you think a middle aged man with such varied prejudices has only ever been that abusive once or twice via text then you're deluded.

I don’t think it only happened once or twice. My point is that I don’t think he would have done it since the investigation. That is the point which we should judge change on. Not prior to this, how isn’t that making sense to you?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

"It's unfair to try and force out Mackay because all these horrible folk are in the game aswell, give the poor guy a chance!"

I can assure you that's not my view at all, it was all about perspective and society's willingness to move past an individual's transgressions.  You're free to disagree but don't make up quotes which entirely misrepresent my views.

By God he ticked every box you can think from women, religion (Jews), black people, Chinese.

Cant help notice his apology at the time was based around it only being a handful of texts out of many and he was sorry "if he had offended anyone".  Obviously looked at himself and realised how disgusting his line of thinking was...or not.

10 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I don’t think it only happened once or twice. My point is that I don’t think he would have done it since the investigation. That is the point which we should judge change on. 

We should whether hes changed based on guesswork thats weighted towards giving him the benefit of the doubt?

I'd agree if he was some young lad being daft with his team mates etc., but this was a middle aged man covering multiple bases while leading a football club. If he didn't know better then, then I'd be surprised if hes suddenly changed considering hes spent the past few years still earning a packet from the SFA, and has now walked into a top flight job. 

1 hour ago, silver said:

I am reminded at this moment in time of John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Malky 5:21 - "He that is without colour among you, let him make the starting 11."

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We should whether hes changed based on guesswork thats weighted towards giving him the benefit of the doubt?

I'd agree if he was some young lad being daft with his team mates etc., but this was a middle aged man covering multiple bases while leading a football club. If he didn't know better then, then I'd be surprised if hes suddenly changed considering hes spent the past few years still earning a packet from the SFA, and has now walked into a top flight job. 

Perhaps my degree/dissertation  in criminal law/justice has distorted my view of presumptions but yes would be my answer 

Why are there so many folk on here saying pish about how he should be allowed a second chance or shouldn't be excluded forever or similar sentiments?

Did you miss him strolling in to an important, well paid job in the SFA that also saw him get to manage the national team for a game?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are there so many folk on here saying pish about how he should be allowed a second chance or shouldn't be excluded forever or similar sentiments?

Did you miss him strolling in to an important, well paid job in the SFA that also saw him get to manage the national team for a game?

I agree he should not have been given that Scotland role. He should have been forced to take time away from the game, suitably rehabilitated and then return.
I think you can think that and also think that 7 years on someone should be allowed to move on. If someone thinks that he hasn’t spent enough time away from the game due to that role I think that’s an entirely legitimate stance 

8 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Perhaps my degree/dissertation  in criminal law/justice has distorted my view of presumptions 

It sounds like it's just made you a fanny, tbh.

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I agree he should not have been given that Scotland role. He should have been forced to take time away from the game, suitably rehabilitated and then return.
I think you can think that and also think that 7 years on someone should be allowed to move on. If someone thinks that he hasn’t spent enough time away from the game due to that role I think that’s an entirely legitimate stance 

He's spent 0 years away from the game.

Having heard the fantastic boardroom presentation by Messrs Ferguson & MacKay I'm completely won over. *

How the wider world will now view County is made very clear by our P&B brethen of other faiths in the recent pages of this thread. 

And Lo! The multitude sayeth unto Roy "WTF have you done here, buddy?". And Roy sayeth unto them nothing. For all knoweth that his is a family club welcoming unto all, even unto the Philistines of the Dump. 

(Mallard 14:45)

* No. In fact, not at all.

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

Useful contribution. You just keep on providing  your clever, well thought out responses to articulate posts like that of Bino

You just keep defending a middle aged bigot because "people change".