The General Ross County Chat Thread

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

This would've been the only possible way in which I may have accepted his appointment, I still wouldn't have been happy about it don't get me wrong but I would still go watch the team. With the way it has been handled though they've lost me.

Not one person is bigger than your club. The club is nothing without fans.

35 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Don't kid yourself.

They're carried out illegally all over the Highlands. i can assure you that.

Thank you.

First I've heard, despite having lived 34 of my 37 years in the Highland capital and generally cutting about the rest of the north. Perhaps I move in different (non-fictional) circles.

Anyway, once again randoms on the internet have not let us down and someone on Facebook has coined the phrase 'Ro SS County', top work.

52165329_2221087597949268_1357272350583685120_n.gif

For what it's worth I've seen the comments from Malky and Fergie and they've done little to nothing to discuss Malky's racist, bigoted past and just said 'we have a vision for the club we've got a plan' etc.

In a year in which many of us and myself personally have lost people and things close to us one of the few things I had was football and County more specifically. This honestly makes me sick.

I'm sure the club won't be that bothered about comments from someone who hasn't had a season ticket in years, but emailed Kenny there voicing my own disappointment. I won't be heading back to Victoria Park any time soon.

Cancelled the Staggies' Army membership too. That's the only financial 'hit'.

Can't fathom the logic in this at all. The statement announcing the appointment is also really depressing.

18 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

First I've heard, despite having lived 34 of my 37 years in the Highland capital and generally cutting about the rest of the north. Perhaps I move in different (non-fictional) circles.

Anyway, once again randoms on the internet have not let us down and someone on Facebook has coined the phrase 'Ro SS County', top work.

52165329_2221087597949268_1357272350583685120_n.gif

I have it on good authority that when he was offering the job Uncle Roy said.

"' I know you've had a tough time but don't worry about it Malky. Work will set you free!"

The whole thing today has scunnered me. I'm struggling to know how to feel about it. 

Living in Glasgow, I don't get to home games very often anyway but I will be thinking more before going to away ones, when we are allowed to return and will likely go to a Pollok game instead. Certainly not totally turning my back on the club, but will be supporting from a further distance for the next wee while, at least. Have also cancelled my Staggies Army membership as it was something I did as a donation to the club and I certainly don't want to be donating to the club when we haven't explained why we have appointed Mackay, ahead of equally qualified individuals, without the chequered (being kind) past

2 hours ago, Jarballs said:

First I've heard, despite having lived 34 of my 37 years in the Highland capital and generally cutting about the rest of the north. Perhaps I move in different (non-fictional) circles

This is very much off topic but I don’t think there was any fox hunting in the Highlands. It’s far more of an activity in the Borders and Lowlands. I don’t think the terrain in the Highlands is well suited for it. The field sports in the Highlands are shooting, pheasants and stags.

22 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Anyone with big falsies kickin about at County?

Mackay himself judging by his interview, some size. 

Malky.png

"Hold on for the ride ahead"? Can only imagine it will end much the same way as Diana's did.

Edited by UAE1929

Got to admit, I’m a bit confused/disappointed in Fergies statements that have been going around Twitter concerning the appointment. The way it was conveyed was that he didn’t really care about the fans concerns and just downplayed the whole thing, saying that Mackays experience and desire to do well outweighs the past. Not even a hint of a proper statement or even press conference to fully explain the decision or answer any questions regarding it.

For someone who is normally completely in tune with the fans and a dependable level head in the club, it seems he is either completely blinkered to the whole situation, or perhaps feels like we will forget about it next week.

Either way, completely baffling to me.

I am reminded at this moment in time of John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.