The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Slightly off topic but I’m surprised to hear the bad reviews for Stephen Kelly from you guys. Thought he’d be a sure fire success for County after doing so well in the Championship.

He was mince. There appears to be an element of staunch 'County' fans who have him down as the best thing since sliced bread, but he was bang average. Not ready for this level yet, may have more luck elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

He was mince. There appears to be an element of staunch 'County' fans who have him down as the best thing since sliced bread, but he was bang average. Not ready for this level yet, may have more luck elsewhere. 

That’s being generous. Very generous. 

edit: I’d rather he was the manager than Malky Mackay.  Lord help us. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Roy MacGregor - "Ross County are a family club, we're proud of our values".

Also Roy MacGregor - "Let's hire a massive racist, homophobic, sexist, piece of shit who never actually apologised"

McBookie’s liabilities on a Scottish manager outside the Old Firm is so low that even a small amount of bets on one candidate will make them odds on favourite.  

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Roy MacGregor - "Ross County are a family club, we're proud of our values".

Also Roy MacGregor - "Let's hire a massive racist, homophobic, sexist, piece of shit who never actually apologised"

Right. Even in the brazenly hypocritical world of Scottish football, those two things are incompatible.  Uncle Roy isn’t that daft.  He’s all about personal appearances, so there’s no chance he’d make an appointment like that, with such bad optics. 

Edited by Savage Henry

I seriously hope it isn't Mackay. It's been a proper slog supporting County the last couple of years but adding Mackay on top of that? Fucking hell.

20 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Yeah I've heard that said too, but surely he's been approached to test this out. I mean, how many opportunities to manage a top division team is Petrie likely to get?

🤗

Surely Uncle Roy could promise to set him up with some sort of offshore gig if it all goes tits up? 

What I don't understand about Mackay being constantly linked with jobs is that not only is he a bigoted gobshite, resulting in his potential appointment being met with groans by every fanbase he's linked with, but he also hasn't managed a club in 6 years, and two of his three managerial appointments ended up in sackings. This isn't SAF re-born, he's not some flawed genius, he's a fairly poor manager, a confirmed bigot, and potentially corrupt as well (was loads of question marks over his signings and dealings with agents at Cardiff). No club should be going near him with his record, and that the SFA employed him - as has been talked to death - is farcical as well.

Hope it's just bookies protecting themselves and he gets nowhere near County, United or any other club. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

MacGregor must've genuinely lost the plot.

Spent last week talking about getting closer connections with the fans/local community, and forming a "club identity", then does this.

Wild.

Sky Sports running the story now too, for any County fan who've convinced themselves the Sun are just trying to generate clicks.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

What an absolute howler of an appointment.  A racist and a misogynist.  Brora for me next season.

A homophobe too. 

I like the County fans and really feel for you guys but I really don't want someone like him representing our league.