The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I'm intrigued and slightly appalled by the "leaving the land registry" hook.   

Ross Stewart is absolutely the most improved player I've seen at County.  It's almost as if he took on board everything Kettlewell told him. I'm reminded of Fletcher's progress under Ferguson.   Scratch that.  It's almost as if he ignored everything Kettlewell told him.  

He came to the club as a big lanky centre forward with no touch and became our most important player within two years, Surpassed everyone's expectations to the point where I don't really know what his level or potential is.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, the Killie centre backs look honking, I mean Jay McEveley standards of honking!

Yesterday was all about avoiding defeat imo, although the three points were far more achievable than they initially appeared, maybe an opportunity missed but shouldn't be a disaster.  I expect us to pick up points from our two midweek home games and  I'd expect DU and Motherwell to score a few against the killie defence in their next couple of games.
[emoji23]

8 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Just watched Hughes interview on Sportscene. The same old schtick he used at Rovers, acting as if it’s all nothing to do with him. Feel sorry for you having to put up with this charlatan 

Absolutely nothing to do with his shitty substitutions. 

I mean, you have genuinely shite players in nearly every position.  So Hughes is absolutely useless in that environment.  He's the kind of manager you need to appoint when a bigger club has come and taken your manager, not the kind you appoint when your previous manager has been sacked.

Guest Ieuan16

I'm pretty certain we're for the drop, and deservedly so.

If County finish in the play-offs, I wouldn't fancy them against anyone.

On 22/04/2021 at 12:44, Ieuan16 said:

I'm pretty certain we're for the drop, and deservedly so.

If County finish in the play-offs, I wouldn't fancy them against anyone.

Do not watch the Dundee United game.  Aberdeen are playing precisely how County line up, and the Dundee United front three are running rampage by forcing Aberdeen to pump the ball long from the full back position.

14 hours ago, AndyX said:

I think Ross Stewart's first start for Sunderland today.  Seems to have impressed the locals....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/plymouth-v-sunderland-match-thread.1549242/post-33801777

I just heard the Sky presenter stating it was his first goal in 10 matches.  It kind of puts a different slant on it when, like you say it is his first start.

Ross is a good footballer, Like so many tall strikers they're too easily labeled as just a big lad up front but his hold up play is probably where he needs to develop most.  He's far more impressive running with the ball at his feet, like his goal yesterday.  I'll be interested to see just how far he can grow and what he could become as there's certainly plenty of potential there Sunderland looks like it could have been a very good choice of club to go to from County.