The General Ross County Chat Thread

If you're only influenced by the results you will never see it.
If you prefer a Goodwin and McInnes  to a Rice or Big yogi at the staggies it's your preference.
Some managers get eye bleeding positive results other managers get entertaining negative results. 

I think most people would prefer their team won than lost. How they do it is what they get paid for.

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I think most people would prefer their team won than lost. How they do it is what they get paid for.

I don't mind my team losing as long as they're playing on the front foot,win lose or draw it doesn't matter.
Result or performance it's a auld age debate.Ask Aberdeen fans they've been watching winning football for 8 years.

Friday night was a disaster. 

Hjelde reminds me of when Harry Souttar was here on loan. Talented kid. Going to be a good player in 2/3 years. But he's young, inexperienced & making mistakes. I'm not sure playing a raw 17 year old loanee is helping Ross County's relegation fight. Didn't cover himself in glory for the second or third goals IMO.

Shaw & Hylton looked to be forming a dangerous partnership after the Aberdeen victory, but we haven't seen them paired together much since. I think they could be a real threat up front together.

Of course it doesn't help when there is no consistency of team selection or formation. Hughes needs to choose his best 11 and stick with it. This isn't the time to chop and changes players and systems. My gut feeling when Hughes came in was he needs time to implement his philosophy and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. We've had small glimpses of it working, but overall we haven't got the players to play the style Hughes wants. 

Lack of fight was extremely worrying before a key last few games of the season.

56 minutes ago, JailendLoyal said:

Friday night was a disaster. 

Hjelde reminds me of when Harry Souttar was here on loan. Talented kid. Going to be a good player in 2/3 years. But he's young, inexperienced & making mistakes. I'm not sure playing a raw 17 year old loanee is helping Ross County's relegation fight. Didn't cover himself in glory for the second or third goals IMO.

Shaw & Hylton looked to be forming a dangerous partnership after the Aberdeen victory, but we haven't seen them paired together much since. I think they could be a real threat up front together.

Of course it doesn't help when there is no consistency of team selection or formation. Hughes needs to choose his best 11 and stick with it. This isn't the time to chop and changes players and systems. My gut feeling when Hughes came in was he needs time to implement his philosophy and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. We've had small glimpses of it working, but overall we haven't got the players to play the style Hughes wants. 

Lack of fight was extremely worrying before a key last few games of the season.

All you need to do is sign the right players. Why aren’t County signing a tonne of players at the moment that’ll suit Hughes’ style? 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Does McGregor have a history of silencing managers?  It's very unlike Hughes to not speak to the press after a defeat.

Not sure it would be MacGregor, Ferguson is now CEO.  Surely it would fall into his remit to be the line manager of Hughes?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Does McGregor have a history of silencing managers?  It's very unlike Hughes to not speak to the press after a defeat.

Not really, other than non-disclosure stipulations when people get paid off. Which I think is fairly common in most places.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Not really, other than non-disclosure stipulations when people get paid off. Which I think is fairly common in most places.

I didn't think he did.  Just find it bizarre as it's not the type of thing Hughes does.  Unless that loss really hurt him.

I haven't seen any quotes from Yogi about Friday's match.

He did a presser that is on the P&J website today, about the standard and attitudes of referees.

https://buff.ly/39MpYC0

Some of that would be worthy of a notice of complaint from the SFA if it was in a post-match interview. Some juicy soundbites for the journalists at least, when he will want to avoid talking about performances and results as much as possible.

He did a presser that is on the P&J website today, about the standard and attitudes of referees.
Some of that would be worthy of a notice of complaint from the SFA if it was in a post-match interview. Some juicy soundbites for the journalists at least, when he will want to avoid talking about performances and results as much as possible.
Those quotes from Hughes are an embarrassment. I can't wait until he's gone.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

He's giving it the classic old guy in the jailend shout 'Referees don't like coming up here!' 'all the decisions go to the central belt' etc. Whether it's right or wrong is besides the point, it's embarrassing and he should be focussing on stopping the team from daydreaming into bottom spot.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

He may be correct about a lot of that but those comments would have carried more weight if he'd said them whilst he was playing for celtic.

The guy's not a manager imo, the earlier he's away the better imo

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's got a point about who the referees support to be fair.  

He's trying to stick up for Brian Rice cause he's his mate but yeah it should be the case here as well as down south as it's a conflict of interest.

Genuinely wouldn't be shocked if Roy tries to get McCann in as manager at the end of the season regardless of what league we're in.

The Athletic and Old Firm fans need to be stopped. 

He'd probably be fine (and that's it, "fine") in a team that is comfortable with dominating possession and has two other midfielders next to him (not doing an identical job). But he's not, so he isn't.  

A lazy comparison but Jamie Lindsay had a similar career path. No previous experience in the top-flight but a good spell in the Championship, and chucked into a rubbish County team. Lindsay looked better.

Edited to add: it's a bit annoying that there's an interview with the, erm, Ross County manager and the discussion is about a Rangers loanee.

Edited by yoda