The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Morris out for the season, but Maouche should be available soon.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/morris-blow-but-maouche-returns-232722/

Terrible new about Morris, we could really have done with him for this last five games.  As bad as our defence has been at times, he's been our best defender and leader for some time, maybe since Davies. 

With regards to Maouche, pfft, who is he, what will he offer, will he put Draper, Shaw and Hylton further down the pecking order for a start in John Hughes' starting XI, if so what's the point?

Guest Ieuan16
20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Having a look at that ICT squad.  We’ll beat them fairly comfortably, surely?  

I was at their win over Dunfermline on Saturday.

A dreadful game, really. Inverness got the better of it with a good goal, but if we can't beat that team, we may as well consign ourselves to Championship football next season.

We've played something like 30 games in 25 days, all our players are absolutely fucked. You'd be as well watching bowls as you'll probably get as much use and analysis out of that as you would watching us at the moment.

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Terrible new about Morris, we could really have done with him for this last five games.  As bad as our defence has been at times, he's been our best defender and leader for some time, maybe since Davies. 

With regards to Maouche, pfft, who is he, what will he offer, will he put Draper, Shaw and Hylton further down the pecking order for a start in John Hughes' starting XI, if so what's the point?

Probably get played out of position  instead of Naismith. 

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Probably get played out of position  instead of Naismith. 

Aye, or kept on the bench with a starting pairing of Donaldson & Iacovitti 😣🤦

With a bit of luck he might get subbed on as part of a quadruple change because JH has realised in the 70th minute his original XI and formation were shit😤

Guest Ieuan16
4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We've played something like 30 games in 25 days, all our players are absolutely fucked. You'd be as well watching bowls as you'll probably get as much use and analysis out of that as you would watching us at the moment.

All the more reason why County should be winning without too much hassle.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Could really pull up anyone of the useless b*****ds but how bad is Stephen Kelly. He’d be some marathon runner but the poor guy is absolutely hopeless.

8 hours ago, Comrie said:

If I had a pound for every time a Kelly cross beat the first man I'd have about £4.

That time where he had the ball around the half way line, tried to play a long ball but hit a Caley player 10 yards in front of him, then lost the header was absolutely pathetic. 

Not seen or heard a quote from John Hughes since the cup defeat, hopefully he's away trying to find the crayons so he can write his resignation.  The squad is poor but it's made worse with Hughes picking the team and tactics.

I'd seriously consider going with Cowie until the end of the season.

32 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Not seen or heard a quote from John Hughes since the cup defeat, hopefully he's away trying to find the crayons so he can write his resignation.  The squad is poor but it's made worse with Hughes picking the team and tactics.

I'd seriously consider going with Cowie until the end of the season.

If one of the management team goes they all should. We need to look past the ‘county people’ mentality ie jobs for the boys... it just doesn’t work. 

31 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

If one of the management team goes they all should. We need to look past the ‘county people’ mentality ie jobs for the boys... it just doesn’t work. 

I disagree, we have a 5 game mini season to save our top division status (maybe 7 with a playoff).   

For some time I have felt that under JH the team are stumbling into selections/formations/results, and are sleep walking into the championship.  I don't see or know of anyone obvious to come in and get a reaction but I'd give Cowie the opportunity for the run in and see what he and the squad can get out of these games.

Going forward into next season, I'd be on the look out for an experienced new manager to work alongside Don and Richie.

10 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Let’s be honest other than 

laidlaw

naismith

hjelde

lakin (not on tonight’s showing)

shaw

hylton

mckay

spittal

paton

none of the rest are worth keeping

The team needs a couple of seasons in the championship.  Most of the squad needs to be released.   There’s no chance Naismith or Shaw are County players next season either.