The General Ross County Chat Thread

6 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

REALLY hope you're wide of the mark, with regards to Paton. I think he's probably been our best midfielder this season, Lakin's been good too imo.

I feel like whenever Paton plays well the team plays well, He's becoming increasingly more important when he plays, A 3 of Paton Lakin and Draper would be ideal but Draper is always injured.

5 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

REALLY hope you're wide of the mark, with regards to Paton. I think he's probably been our best midfielder this season, Lakin's been good too imo.

Nope, sorry. I've felt he's been fairly average last few weeks. Lakin has indeed been good.

I've actually just realised my original post suggests I think Paton will leave, when I was actually talking about Hughes.

15 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Nope, sorry. I've felt he's been fairly average last few weeks. Lakin has indeed been good.

I've actually just realised my original post suggests I think Paton will leave, when I was actually talking about Hughes.

Fair enough, I'd thought you were suggesting Paton was about to walk away. I'd agree, about the last couple of matches, Paton hasn't been as good but I feel he has a good understanding with Shaw particularly.

After a decent return for one of our strikers, Shaw has been dropped since the Hamilton game. It's something that's baffled me!

7 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Fair enough, I'd thought you were suggesting Paton was about to walk away. I'd agree, about the last couple of matches, Paton hasn't been as good but I feel he has a good understanding with Shaw particularly.

After a decent return for one of our strikers, Shaw has been dropped since the Hamilton game. It's something that's baffled me!

I think it's been incredibly harsh on Shaw. White has done well since coming in, but I look at TA playing in behind him and wonder if Shaw couldn't fit in there somewhere.

Still can’t quite get over that penalty decision. what’s a ref that supports killie refereeing a relegation game when his own team are part of the dog fight. Surely stuff like that can’t be allowed to happen! It’s cheating! Decisions like that can make all the difference but come one even the blind can see that’s never a penalty! 🤔

1 minute ago, Finndog6 said:

Still can’t quite get over that penalty decision. what’s a ref that supports killie refereeing a relegation game when his own team are part of the dog fight. Surely stuff like that can’t be allowed to happen! It’s cheating! Decisions like that can make all the difference but come one even the blind can see that’s never a penalty! 🤔

👀👀👀

8CFAEC08-9908-4125-B253-9555218C35D0.jpeg

Massive six-pointer today and need to hope that Aberdeen finally manage to score some goals as well. Not sure about the 5-3-2 considering Naismith hasn't managed to do too much offensively but Tremarco was surprisingly good on the wing last week.

6 minutes ago, Aqy said:

Massive six-pointer today and need to hope that Aberdeen finally manage to score some goals as well. Not sure about the 5-3-2 considering Naismith hasn't managed to do too much offensively but Tremarco was surprisingly good on the wing last week.

Kilmarnock aren't the quickest without Burke- I don't want to see him getting 1v1 against Tremarco at any point.

Sorry but Naismith has been immense since his return. When we had that 2 min spell against St Mirren last week where we hit the bar twice and had a stone wall penalty denied, it all came from Naismith down the right wing.

I'm not convinced by the midfield three and forward line in today's starting XI. Hopefully I'm wrong and JH is correct but I can see us needing to make a string of subs 4 or 5 again to correct the shambles that is the starting XI. (How many games have we had to do this before today, four?)

Shows what I know - while it was an absolute well-trodden midden for 20 minutes after Killie's opener, McKay took his first goal well and the quickfire double was a massive response. Very disappointing to be giving away yet another penalty, those shree points are going to be absolutely vital.

As good as the win is and as welcome as the 3 points are, I can't help but feel concerned after the Killie game.

We were VERY lucky imo, that starting XI didn't work and that first half performance just wasn't good enough. Yet again, it's substitutions that are saving JH at the moment, Hjelde on for the injured Tremarco was a saving grace for us on Saturday, I hope Tremarco isn't badly injured but he should never have been starting that game.

Hamilton look to be picking up points in every match they play atm so to finish safely in 10th is going to require more victories. I just wish JH knew what kind of team he's going to field as it seems so hap hazard from game to game.

Edited by frankthetank22

The guys on Sportsound were talking before the Killie game, and they weren't sure JH knows his best team or formation yet. It's hard to argue with that assessment.

I was disappointed not to see Shaw and Hylton start on Saturday, more so Hylton because for my money he's been great for us this season. McKay had maybe slipped off the radar a little bit so delighted for him to pop up with 2 massive goals. I thought we started well, but as soon as Killie took the lead we lost all momentum and confidence. That is a concern. I'm confident we're better in attack now though, so if we can get that mentality right even if we do go behind, that's half the battle IMO.

If ever there was a time to settle on at least a core of 8/9 players you trust, it's 2 games before the relegation split.

Mad that I’ve seen County win at Hampden twice in recent years, yet I’ve still to see saints win there in my lifetime and we’ve won 2 bloody national trophies in the last 7 years!