The General Ross County Chat Thread

Dropping Shaw to the bench, with the form he's on, was a mistake.

Preserving with a flailing Stephen Kelly and not swapping him out earlier was a mistake.

Hindsight is a great thing, hopefully Hughes learns from these errors.  If we'd scored the first goal we'd have won that yesterday imo. There's other big games to come and Hughes is learning more about the squad he's got, their abilities and limitations.

Aye reading my comments back it was certainly extremely heat of the moment stuff. We played some decent stuff especially between the start of the second half up to the Utd first goal. Didn’t create too many clear cut chances but the two that we did create should’ve been finished and two confident strikers finish those (especially Mckays 1on1). We definitely should’ve got something out of the game but it was cheap goals letting us down again. Hamilton result doesn’t help us but we have to remember but we’ve still to play every team in the mix at least one more time this season so to right us off with 10 to go is just daft.

Unless we can really cut out these individual errors, I still think we're a cert for going down. We completely blew the Dundee Utd game, thought we were the better side for much of the game. While we did get lucky with both of Shankland's one on ones, defensively we were pretty good. Again though, set pieces just not good enough and not much threat up front. With Hamilton outplaying Rangers and taking the point, I am really worried that we'll be straight down. Tommy Wright going to Kilmarnock isn't going to help us either.

I'm not being funny but Stephen Kelly costs us almost every time he plays, I've been saying it to my mates for weeks, every pass is sideways and any pass that isn't just got straight to the opposition. Own goal on Wednesday which I know is harsh to criticise but still, then gifted united the ball for their first with a terrible corner. Vigurs and Kelly in that sitting position are going to continue to cost us points.

We were in that game on Saturday and poor mistakes cost us.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Absolutely loving the Highland Football Weekly interview with Karim Boukraa.

That goal against Dundee in the League Cup, a fantastic evening. Nearly twenty years ago, enough to make you feel old! 

On 11/02/2021 at 10:59, UAE1929 said:

That goal against Dundee in the League Cup, a fantastic evening. Nearly twenty years ago, enough to make you feel old! 

I remember a goal away to some team from an assist by Ian Maxwell where he lobbed the keeper from 20 yards.  It’s the only time I’ve seen the opposition fans applaud a goal. Think it was 4-0 or something.  Glorious player.  Easily in my all time XI.

Edited by Savage Henry

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I remember a goal away to some team from an assist by Ian Maxwell where he lobbed the keeper from 20 yards.  It’s the only time I’ve seen the opposition fans applaud a goal. Think it was 4-0 or something.  Glorious player.  Easily in my all time XI.

Patrick thistle?

On 14/02/2021 at 13:31, Savage Henry said:

4-1 win against Falkirk if my memory serves me right. You are right, it was excellent. 

Just made things look effortless at times, still think about this run from time to time. Brilliant save. 

On that video, I forgot how deep the Jailend looked when it was filled. 

Secondly, absolutely great to hear Jim White getting called out when he talks about Neil Cooper's style of play. Even back then he was licking arses.

Lastly, going back to the original goal that you talked about, seemed to me we always used to take decent numbers to away games back then. There was always a regular bunch that went everywhere. 

Anyone else love seeing Victoria Park from that East Stand camera position?
It must be a combo of the high camera and the mobbed Jailend that makes the whole stadium seem massive compared to how it now looks on TV.

Charlie Nicholas wasn't keen on giving us much credit that evening [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Saw a post somewhere saying Randall and Grivosti are probably done for the season.

Getting worse and worse, if true.

Now reported on the BBC website. Does that leave County with any fullbacks?

20 minutes ago, Widge said:

Now reported on the BBC website. Does that leave County with any fullbacks?

Naismith, Tremarco, Iacovitti and Hjelde can play out there. 

EDIT: Watson can too, but I don't want to see him out there. His pace is gone.

At a push I guess Regan Charles-Cook could get thrown in as an emergency, but our policy of "hey, let's just sign central midfielders who are no better than what we have" has cost us repeatedly.

Edited by Comrie

Grivosti has had the worst luck with injuries, obviously the team isn't going to give up but I feel like it's pretty much curtains for us at this point. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Hamilton are doing a Hamilton and Killie will more than likely finish ahead of us.

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Grivosti has had the worst luck with injuries, obviously the team isn't going to give up but I feel like it's pretty much curtains for us at this point. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Hamilton are doing a Hamilton and Killie will more than likely finish ahead of us.

I’m not sure it’s bad luck as much as incompetent medical staff. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not sure it’s bad luck as much as incompetent medical staff. 

Potentially, I still think Grivosti has huge potential to be a deep lying central midfielder and would actually be ideal in our current system but he's injured all the time as is Draper.

I think there's something in the air up here as we get butchered with injuries too.  I take it you train in the HFA at this time of year?  Our last 3 injuries have come whilst training there.