The General Ross County Chat Thread

45 minutes ago, G51 said:

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

I'm sure Jim Maclean must have been doing something very similar back in the 80s?

Schalk got the equaliser in Inverness, bugger.  Boyce also scored in a 2-1 loss at Victoria Park the season before so ten overall.  Wyness has nine derby goals and Stewart has seven.  Billy McKay just above Iain Stewart on eight.  The only one at the top who has scored for both sides.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

See, this is where football clubs are missing a trick.

If I was a rich club owner, I'd be conducting all of my contract negotiations on my luxury yacht out in the middle of the sea. Guarantee you that you'd get better results. Because of the implication.

The R. O. Y. Method.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Looks like we've signed nobody else, so we're trying to the "stay up in as half arsed a way as possible" approach.

Said it elsewhere, it’s almost as if they’re planning for next season in the Championship. 

Those highlights of our transfer window for those who missed it:  

Ross Stewart out, Jordan White in.

Edited by Savage Henry

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Said it elsewhere, it’s almost as if they’re planning for next season in the Championship. 

The highlights of our window are surely Naismith and Hjelde in, we're now infinity stronger in both full back positions, which should hopefully help the central defenders.

Stewart has missed more chances than he's scored or created for others, Hylton has looked good in the wide left berth so no great loss imo. 

What we could really do with is McKay chipping in with a few goals.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You have finally turned into an old man in the jailend, shouting abuse at no one in particular trying to remember what was like back in the good old days.

But instead of tales of Don Cowie Snr, Gordie Seaton and Stan Sokolowski you regale the youth about John McQuade, Paul Kinnaird and Alex Bone.  

42 minutes ago, Loki said:

You have finally turned into an old man in the jailend, shouting abuse at no one in particular trying to remember what was like back in the good old days.

Strange what you miss in these hard times.

56 minutes ago, Loki said:

But instead of tales of Don Cowie Snr, Gordie Seaton and Stan Sokolowski you regale the youth about John McQuade, Paul Kinnaird and Alex Bone.  

Oh god.  What have I become.  If ever I yell “get the local lads on” you can send me to the psychiatric ward. 

That team was something else. Garry Wood sitting on bollards all day, as I recall. 

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was he a box-to-box MF? Cos that's the role he'd be required to play for us.

We don't know.

He didn't play enough or show enough at County to show what sort of midfielder he truly was.

Edited by Comrie

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Was he a box-to-box MF? Cos that's the role he'd be required to play for us.

Very pensive, very passive on the rare occasions anyone saw him. I’d imagine he’ll struggle but Comrie is right.  We have no real way of knowing as he barely played. I would say a few of Celtic’s “starlets” have appeared a bit out of their depth.  

On 1/28/2021 at 18:47, Savage Henry said:

Wonder how much of the £50,000 is getting spent on White. 

edit: what absolute disaster of a day. An absolute joke. 

On 1/26/2021 at 09:00, Savage Henry said:

Jordan Shite.

On 1/26/2021 at 17:11, Savage Henry said:

Our brilliant manager was talking about how he sees Mckay and White playing together.  Christ knows when, and hopefully never, but that’s what he foresees.  Wake me up when this clusterfuck is over.  There’s every chance next season neither Hughes nor White are at the club.  

That'll be a goal and an assist for White and he assisted the venerable McKay.

Well, whaddya know!