The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are maybe not aware but Celtic have already lost two players to Bayern plus it's totally different with different rules for players under 23.

So Celtic are even worse than County as they've lost 3 players below their value because they couldn't extend their deals?

Thanks for clarifying.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Comparing youth players to first team regulars is about your level.

Your completely inability to ever criticise Celtic, and the holes you end up digging to get away from saying it, is truly brilliant.

52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A million? In January? He had 6 months left on his contract.

But he should have been signed up for another two years, you're not following this, are you?

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Totally missing the point but not unexpected from you Boyce was another player under valued by this club.

He had a release clause.  We could have valued him at 250m and still only got what we got.

We just totally underestimated how bad Caley were going to be that season.  If you went to every Caley game that season the person scoring the most goals out of all them games would have been Liam Boyce with ten.  I miss Liam Boyce.  If we knew that we would have made the release clause £25m.

Edited by Loki

He scored ten goals that season as you well know.   I remember your tears.  Scored a hat trick, a double, a single and then four.   I think he scored one other to make 11 in total.

id imagine Iain Stewart is the highest scorer in Highland Derbies but that’s just a total guess.  Wyness must be up there too.

30 minutes ago, Loki said:

He had a release clause.  We could have valued him at 250m and still only got what we got.

We just totally underestimated how bad Caley were going to be that season.  If you went to every Caley game that season the person scoring the most goals out of all them games would have been Liam Boyce with ten.  I miss Liam Boyce.  If we knew that we would have made the release clause £25m.

The club didn't protect itself and didn't realize the true value of a player like Boyce this is the same problem with Stewart. 

33 minutes ago, Loki said:

He scored ten goals that season as you well know.   I remember your tears.  Scored a hat trick, a double, a single and then four.   I think he scored one other to make 11 in total.

id imagine Iain Stewart is the highest scorer in Highland Derbies but that’s just a total guess.  Wyness must be up there too.

I remember Boyce scoring a hat-trick V us for RC . When he played for Hearts last season in the final game of the curtailed season , you would have thought he was a different player !

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You can't put a gun to the boys head and force him to sign a contract.

See, this is where football clubs are missing a trick.

If I was a rich club owner, I'd be conducting all of my contract negotiations on my luxury yacht out in the middle of the sea. Guarantee you that you'd get better results. Because of the implication.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

See, this is where football clubs are missing a trick.

If I was a rich club owner, I'd be conducting all of my contract negotiations on my luxury yacht out in the middle of the sea. Guarantee you that you'd get better results. Because of the implication.

Wouldn't fancy getting thrown in to the North Sea either.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Wouldn't fancy getting thrown in to the North Sea either.

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

🤣

I understood the concept. the North Sea is freezing at the best of times.

47 minutes ago, Loki said:

Genuinely cannot remember the first seven but sadly I do remember the four.

Spoiler

source.gif