The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Lots of talk about Ross Stewart heading off to Sunderland for circa £500,000.  

I’d say that’s reasonable.  

The £500k comes from Hughes a few weeks back saying that's the amount it would take to sell Stewart, it's not what Sunderland have apparently offered.

I'm not slagging Jordan White off but if that's the level of player we're bringing in then we're doomed. Surely even the players know he's a diddy who shouldn't be at this level. 

Andreu signed and has barely played, Maouche signed and is nowhere to be seen, Hjelde is 17 and has played but is inexperienced, and we've signed probably the worst striker in the league. Buzzing.

I mean, why not go for James Keatings, Daniel McKay or Roddy McGregor?  They're all miles better than White, and play a level below.  Plus McGregor is big on not having to pay a relocation fee.

You never, ever, under any circumstances, trust John Hughes to sign anyone.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I make it that White will be the 38th different player to play for both County and Inverness since 1997 (when my data currently starts). For context, only 8 players have played for Hearts and Hibs in the same period.

That’s a great stat that , pretty handy switching between the two teams for anyone who doesn’t want to leave the area

I’ve seen a few comments earlier in the thread calling White ‘a target man’. Jordan White is anything but that. Stirling and Livi fans always said when he joined us that he’s more of a poacher and better with the ball played to his feet. It seems that some people see a striker over six foot and think he’s got to be some kind of aerial maestro but that's not White's game at all. We hoofed the ball at him at him constantly and it was so clear that heading isn’t his strongest attribute.

He’s a reasonable Championship striker. He’ll give 100% and win fouls dragging your team up the pitch but if you’re expecting double figures of goals a season you’re going to be disappointed.

Edited by Highland Capital

Just now, Ieuan16 said:

He's still self-isolating after returning from France, to be fair.

Fair enough, obviously exceptional circumstances there. He'll more than likely need time to get up to speed as well.

I don't think (Naismith aside) we've made any signings to make the teams around us think we're a threat.

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I’ve seen a few comments earlier in the thread calling White ‘a target man’. Jordan White is anything but that. Stirling and Livi fans always said when he joined us that he’s more of a poacher and better with the ball played to his feet. It seems that some people see a striker over six foot and think he’s got to be some kind of aerial maestro but that's not White's game at all. We hoofed the ball at him at him constantly and it was so clear that heading isn’t his strongest attribute.

He’s a reasonable Championship striker. He’ll give 100% and win fouls dragging your team up the pitch but if you’re expecting double figures of goals a season you’re going to be disappointed.

Can't fault his commitment to the team either, which is prob what attracted Hughes to signing him, he likes a player who'll give his all for the cause. I liked big Shagz White, but he divided opinion in our support, there were a lot around me that gave him pelters, even when he scored. He scored a goal that went in off the underside of the bar and an auld boy a couple of seats away said, 'did you see that, useless haddie he almost missed.' 😂

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can't fault his commitment to the team either, which is prob what attracted Hughes to signing him, he likes a player who'll give his all for the cause. I liked big Shagz White, but he divided opinion in our support, there were a lot around me that gave him pelters, even when he scored.😂

Yeah we had fans who never took to him either but I think for many of them their expectations were too high.  Caley Thistle have a lot of fans who have a weird habit of absolutely hating reasonable/good players (Jordan White, Liam Polworth etc.) and absolutely falling in love with absolute dross (Jake Mulraney).  You can never fault White's effort but is he the type of player to fire in the goals leading County to safety?  I don't think so. 

48 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:
County fans can expect a lot of this kind of thing!

That was my tweet- had his dad and his missus (I think) post on it.

Wonder if she'll be our new Amy McDonald, going radge at anyone and anything.

The White family will certainly defend him from any detractors which is admirable in fairness.

There was a poster on CTO who I mentioned earlier in the thread who offered similar comments on White and then disappeared and hasn't been seen again since JW made the switch to Motherwell.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

The White family will certainly defend him from any detractors which is admirable in fairness.

There was a poster on CTO who I mentioned earlier in the thread who offered similar comments on White and then disappeared and hasn't been seen again since JW made the switch to Motherwell.

Admirable maybe but if I was a footballer and my family acted like that I'd be horrified!