The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Unsure what to think , another option off the bench can’t be a bad thing , were we really gonna be getting anyone in better than shaw or Stewart? A target man off the bench isn’t the worst idea

A target man off the bench may well be a good idea, signing White on the the other hand, isn’t.

I feel sorry for Gardyne as he was pretty much hung drawn and quartered on Twitter.  Initially it was made out to be a racist comment, then it was homophobic.  

The Rangers manager commented on it, and Gardyne didn’t really get an audience to clear his name.

Now it has been dropped there will be little mention of it, and there isn’t going to be a comment on it by the Rangers management either.

I'm not impressed with the signing of White either but he is certainly a plan B target man option from the bench, when we're inevitably chasing a late equaliser/winner. It was the opening game of this season when White won a penalty, two minutes after coming on as a sub, thankfully Motherwell missed the pen and we won 1-0.

Billy McKay away now maybe?

He's had his good times with us but he's still (allegedly) our top earner and we've not had much of a return out of him this season.

Remember the halcyon January days of old, spending Royster's Millions on Filip Kiss, Yann Songo'o, Erik Cikos,  Evangelos Oikonomou, Steffen Wohlfarth, and Ivan Sproule?

Now it's Tony Andreu and Jordan White.

14 minutes ago, yoda said:

Remember the halcyon January days of old, spending Royster's Millions on Filip Kiss, Yann Songo'o, Erik Cikos,  Evangelos Oikonomou, Steffen Wohlfarth, and Ivan Sproule?

Now it's Tony Andreu and Jordan White.

Oikonomou was the best 'I don't give a f**k' player I've ever seen. Backheeling a ball that's dropped 20 yards out of the sky in his own half, doing stepovers in his own box, absolutely unreal.

Guest Ieuan16
34 minutes ago, yoda said:

Don't forget Andre Hainault, the handsome Canadian that produced this work of art. I miss him.

5 minutes ago, Ieuan16 said:

Don't forget Andre Hainault, the handsome Canadian that produced this work of art. I miss him.

Even that thumbnail gives me joy. Everybody except the old dear in yellow knows that the ball is about to hit the back of the net.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Billy McKay away now maybe?

The rumour I had been told was White to you guys and Mckay to us however this has been refuted by some at ICT.

39 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Oikonomou was the best 'I don't give a f**k' player I've ever seen. Backheeling a ball that's dropped 20 yards out of the sky in his own half, doing stepovers in his own box, absolutely unreal.

Good memories of seeing Zeus walk through Falcon Square in a sarong looking like he'd just woken up with some stunning lassie on his arm.

Some boy.

22 minutes ago, Ieuan16 said:

Wait, that isn't the Vigurs / ICT crowd game is it? I've always thought it was the 3 - 3 game that photo was from. I noticed he was giving it the cupped ears to the ICT fans again after that hit :lol: 

Edited by RiG

Guest Ieuan16
2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Wait, that isn't the Vigurs / ICT crowd game is it? I've always thought it was the 3 - 3 game that photo was from. I noticed he was giving it the cupped ears to the ICT fans again after that hit :lol: 

Aye, it is indeed that game.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Inverness Courier reporting it's a permanent 6 month deal with a 1 year extension if you stay up.

That's such a weird deal from his POV considering he's got 1.5 years left with us.

I'd have thought a loan until the end of the season to be made permanent in the summer would make more sense. Unless Uncle Roy is actually paying us money for him.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That's such a weird deal from his POV considering he's got 1.5 years left with us.

I'd have thought a loan until the end of the season to be made permanent in the summer would make more sense. Unless Uncle Roy is actually paying us money for him.

I suspect we’ve just taken over his contract from you guys, and written in a wee escape clause for when we inevitably get relegated.   So in that light, it’s actually a bargain.  

Ross County’s scouting network does it again!!