The General Ross County Chat Thread

27 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

It’s mental we released Sean Kelly and Richard foster either of those two are better options than what we currently posses 

I was no Sean Kelly fan, my many posts about him within match threads is proof of that but the fact was, Kelly WAS improving and was looking more than semi competent at left back in his last few months.  He would have been well worth a one year deal, surely he wasn't on a big wage. 

Foster may have been on a larger packet (I honestly don't know, I'm sure some Random Saint Johnstone fan could inform us) and  he wasn't going to get any quicker but again the decision to let him go is a decision that has (quite predictably at the time too) come back to haunt us.  Foster was steady, a 6 out of 10 player. 

Whoever took the decision to bin Kelly & Foster and go into this season with an untried rookie and Carl Tremarco as our left back options (I'm looking at you Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson) have caused us no ends of trouble.

On the topic of left back, has Alex Iacovitti played a game there for us yet?  I understand that he may prefer it in the centre but surely he could steady the leaky ship on that side, he's certainly played there before coming to us.  Desperate times indeed.

40 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I was no Sean Kelly fan, my many posts about him within match threads is proof of that but the fact was, Kelly WAS improving and was looking more than semi competent at left back in his last few months.  He would have been well worth a one year deal, surely he wasn't on a big wage. 

Foster may have been on a larger packet (I honestly don't know, I'm sure some Random Saint Johnstone fan could inform us) and  he wasn't going to get any quicker but again the decision to let him go is a decision that has (quite predictably at the time too) come back to haunt us.  Foster was steady, a 6 out of 10 player. 

Whoever took the decision to bin Kelly & Foster and go into this season with an untried rookie and Carl Tremarco as our left back options (I'm looking at you Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson) have caused us no ends of trouble.

On the topic of left back, has Alex Iacovitti played a game there for us yet?  I understand that he may prefer it in the centre but surely he could steady the leaky ship on that side, he's certainly played there before coming to us.  Desperate times indeed.

Iacovitti played there last week against Livi and was absolutely roasted time and time again by Nicky Cadden and was lucky not to get sent off so he’s not the answer there either I don’t think.

Edited by Staggie_93

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Iacovitti played there last week against Livi and was absolutely roasted time and time again by Nicky Cadden and was lucky not to get sent off so he’s not the answer there either I don’t think.

Randall at lb today, he looked pretty competent/decent. Maybe it's the way ahead.

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Cadden hasn't played for us for about 2 years, think you mean our RB Nicky Devlin

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Randall at lb today, he looked pretty competent/decent. Maybe it's the way ahead.

He did look a lot more solid, a lot of positive from today for sure.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Cadden hasn't played for us for about 2 years, think you mean our RB Nicky Devlin

I beg your pardon that’s the one.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Boo and indeed hoo. 

That's 2 players that have looked set to sign that haven't if Hughes interviews are to be believed. 

Would like to see a couple of players come in, only if they improve the squad though no more filler.

14 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

That's 2 players that have looked set to sign that haven't if Hughes interviews are to be believed. 

Would like to see a couple of players come in, only if they improve the squad though no more filler.

Yup. I’m guessing they were the two guys on trial, and/or the French bloke from Oldham who went home. Can we have a left back and a keeper please, John?

On 19/01/2021 at 14:04, Matty-RCFC said:

https://plzsoccer.com/latest-news/john-hughes-gushing-in-his-praise-for-rangers-ahead-of-ross-county-clash/

Some beautiful clichés from our Yogi in this article. “Bulls and Matadors” a personal favourite. Not fond of him noshing Rangers cock before the game on Saturday though.

"John Hughes gushing" is not something many football fans will want to think about.