The General Ross County Chat Thread

19 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Rumors on Twitter (🧂) that we have made a 6 (six) figure bid for Chorley Town striker Harry Cardwell.

Grimsby fans think he's fucking mince. Smashing.

I can only think someone is offering us £ to buy Ross Stewart in January and Cardwell is his replacement.

The one definite thing is, we're absolutely toothless up front this season, we've Stewart and McKay who have proven themselves is previous seasons, and Oli Shaw who's looked an ok finisher at times but none of them are cutting it this season. 

We create very little so when we do have a chance we need to start scoring some of them, or we're as good as down already.

Above post is correct strikers have been poor could do with another one in , whatever happens we stay up or go down we need a massive overhaul of this squad let’s hope yogi signs no more centre mids and goes for more urgent positions in January 

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

We are desperately trying to go down in a more shambolic way than Caley did under Foran.

To do that you would need to do something like sign Liam Boyce back to get the fans excited then getting ridden rotten (from behind) by Accies and then have Hughes slate all the players post match causing most of them to fall out with you and the board refuse to do the correct thing and sack the manager.

As much as I would laugh at that I suspect there's little chance of you guys being that shambolic.

Edited by RiG

I mean I know I joked a few pages back about Hughes signing a load of (central) midfielders but even I didn't think he would actually go and bring in, what is it now, 3 or 4 of them.

Despite the absolute shitshow of his attempt to keep Raith up, you could argue that there was maybe some sliver of logic in appointing Hughes to manage a squad containing a few players he'd managed before, who would probably run through walls for him. But seriously, giving him a fucking transfer budget? 

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Relegate us now and save the misery. 

I think the way to do it is to complete the Premiership season, or enough of the season to deem it "competent" (for want of a better word). However, the Championship ends early, too early to be competent, and is declared null and void. Therefore, we don't get relegated after finishing bottom and Hearts don't get promoted. The seethe from Gorgie would be magnificent.

20 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Relegate us now and save the misery. 

Careful now. You’ll get written off as not having given Hughes a chance.  *

If there’s an excuse for the Sam Stanton signing other than sheer incompetence, I’m yet to hear it.  The lack of a left back is a borderline sackable offence.  The eleven central midfielders are evidently more important that having a 17 year old, a 56 year old and an out of position attacking midfielder vie for the position.  

*Alternatively, John Hughes was a laughably bad appointment that made Roy McGregor look hapless. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The lack of a left back is a borderline sackable offence.  The eleven central midfielders are evidently more important that having a 17 year old, a 56 year old and an out of position attacking midfielder vie for the position.  

It’s mental we released Sean Kelly and Richard foster either of those two are better options than what we currently posses 

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Careful now. You’ll get written off as not having given Hughes a chance.  *
*Alternatively, John Hughes was a laughably bad appointment that made Roy McGregor look hapless. 

I mean I was all for John Hughes, he’s a good motivator and I’d imagine would be great to work for, however, the recruitment strategy the club has been operating for years is a disgrace and I think this is highlighted more than ever. If Roy/Ferguson/Hughes/Whoever thinks a squad with 11 central midfielders 2 wingers, 3 strikers that couldn’t score for love nor money, a defence that has conceded about 100 goals for the 100th season in a row and a keeper that is probably League 1 standard... beggars  belief really...

Quality over quantity, why sign 4 shite CM’s in January when you could sign 1 decent one to add to the 7 already here? 🤯

Edited by StoneThrowAway