The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, MarkPockets said:

I am absolutely here for this kind of signing. Either gonna set the heather on fire or play 2 games and never be heard from again. 

Dont even care if hes another midfielder, we only have 2 good ones anyway  

A midfield 4 of Lakin, Paton, Maouche and Andreu till the end of the season, no defending just absolute sex going forward.

Have you actually seen Andreu play recently? He struggled to last 20 minutes with us and was miles away from the creative attacking player we all remember from Hamilton.

Used sparingly, he'll have an impact from the subs bench.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Have you actually seen Andreu play recently? He struggled to last 20 minutes with us and was miles away from the creative attacking player we all remember from Hamilton.

Used sparingly, he'll have an impact from the subs bench.

Let a man dream please. The highland air will bring him back.

4 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Let a man dream please. The highland air will bring him back.

Yeah, I mean I'm giving him a pretty negative review but he's certainly not terrible, just underwhelming. Maybe we (as in Saints fans) had a higher expectation for him and maybe Hughes can get more out of him that Goodwin did.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I mean I'm giving him a pretty negative review but he's certainly not terrible, just underwhelming. Maybe we (as in Saints fans) had a higher expectation for him and maybe Hughes can get more out of him that Goodwin did.

What it is his best position? playing as a 10?

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

What it is his best position? playing as a 10?

Now you'd think that wouldn't you. It's where we'd all play him if we were on Football Manager, but the truth is I just don't know now. He was tried as a 10 as a striker, as a winger and even deeper in the midfield and aside from the odd flash of his previous quality, no position really suited him.

Could that be Goodwin's instructions? Could that be the tactics/formation we were playing? Could that be him having a bad season? He had nearly 30 appearances, albeit a lot as sub, so it's not like he wasn't given a chance but he only chipped in 2 goals and iirc only set up a couple.

As I say, maybe Hughes has a very specific role for him.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Now you'd think that wouldn't you. It's where we'd all play him if we were on Football Manager, but the truth is I just don't know now. He was tried as a 10 as a striker, as a winger and even deeper in the midfield and aside from the odd flash of his previous quality, no position really suited him.

Could that be Goodwin's instructions? Could that be the tactics/formation we were playing? Could that be him having a bad season? He had nearly 30 appearances, albeit a lot as sub, so it's not like he wasn't given a chance but he only chipped in 2 goals and iirc only set up a couple.

As I say, maybe Hughes has a very specific role for him.

We've just signed another player you'd argue is the same position as him. Going by what we've played so far under Hughes we don't seem to have an actual 10 in our system. Confusing signings but at this point we need good players.

Never heard of this lad, but glad we're keeping up the tradition of just signing midfielders and ignoring every other part of the team.

This looks like we’re signing squad players, the sort you would sign if you had a temporary shortage. What we really need is a couple of players that would improve the quality rather than the numbers. I think Naismith is in that category but I don’t see these three are. Of course I could be wrong. I hope I am.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

This looks like we’re signing squad players, the sort you would sign if you had a temporary shortage. What we really need is a couple of players that would improve the quality rather than the numbers. I think Naismith is in that category but I don’t see these three are. Of course I could be wrong. I hope I am.

Almost as if they’re making a token effort at avoiding relegation. With the exception of Naismith, and the very very possible exception of Charles-Cook, County haven’t signed a difference maker since Stewart.  

Let’s not be too early in judging these players , if andreu can get to his level then it’s a cracking signing whether he does or not remains to be seen.

Oldham fans seem to think Maouche is decent enough and hey the last player we signed from them hasn’t done bad at all. 

for all the people crying out for Hughes to drop vigurs , he might well do that now with these signings