The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Don’t really know much about him to be honest, remember he had a great spell with Accies before going down south. Has he not been passed around up here by a few clubs ever since?

Did he not score quite a few for Dundee Utd in the Championship.

Think he's a decent player, one that'll certainly be useful to keep around it we do go down.

Didn't really do much for us to be honest. Think Goodwin had a lot of hopes for him but didn't produce much and was pretty invisible in the majority of games he played. 

Has he not played at all this season then?

From his time at United he stood out as a very good finisher with decent technique. If he didn't score though he'd contribute nothing. You'd often not even notice that he was playing. Not sure whether he was hiding or he simply didn't have a clue where he should position himself to have an impact on the game.  I suspect the latter.

He's worth a punt, especially if we can get a few good months out if him like we managed from Da Vita and Chris Burke a few years ago.

Maybe the club are expecting that Gardyne could be sitting on the sidelines for a while after the SFA hearing takes place.

2 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

He's an option an area of the park we dont have a lot of options. 

While I'm not singing from the rooftops about it, I'm quite happy with it

Is he not just Harry Paton but old?   I’m hoping he’s the next coming of Franck Escalon.  

Prepare to be disappointed with Andreu. What you expect from him, you won't get. I honestly think he's finished at this level (and was when he came to us) but if Hughes can get a tune out of him for 6 months then fair play to him.

I see there is chat Hughes might go for Sam Foley, who is actually our captain but can't get into the team just now. A very solid signing if he does go to you.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Prepare to be disappointed with Andreu. What you expect from him, you won't get. I honestly think he's finished at this level (and was when he came to us) but if Hughes can get a tune out of him for 6 months then fair play to him.

I see there is chat Hughes might go for Sam Foley, who is actually our captain but can't get into the team just now. A very solid signing if he does go to you.

Agree that Andreu is probably done at this level. 

Foley would be a good signing if you play him at centre half, hes been poor in midfield for us this season but strolled it when playing at the back.

Actually after Hughes' outstanding praise for Anthony Stokes when he left us earlier in the year after only a couple of weeks training on our artificial pitch, and saying that premiership sides should be queuing up for his services, I was surprised he wasn't Hughes' first signing. Never say never though ;)

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

Actually after Hughes' outstanding praise for Anthony Stokes when he left us earlier in the year after only a couple of weeks training on our artificial pitch, and saying that premiership sides should be queuing up for his services, I was surprised he wasn't Hughes' first signing. Never say never though ;)

Hughes said a player changed their mind about joining, wouldn't be surprised if it's him.