The General Ross County Chat Thread

16 hours ago, Torfason said:

He tries but it just amazes me that a professional player couldn’t trap a bag of cement. 
In the lads defense though, we are hardly free scoring so it might be a combination of things 😕

Aye, he was pretty pish for us too! 

Wouldn't pass to a teammate in a better position and wouldn't work when we weren't in possession either, everything Billy McKay does do even when he isn't scoring.

It was still a bit painful when he signed and scored on his debut for you guys though.

So... we’re not in a good way, that’s pretty clear. I don’t know how much freedom Yogi’s going to be getting in January...? I also have to say that, for various reasons, I haven’t seen all that many games this season. So I’m wondering if folks wouldn’t mind sharing their thoughts on the current squad? If it was up to you, who would you keep, who would you chuck and who’s a maybe?

Ross Laidlaw keep

Ross Doohan keep

Ross Munro keep 

Logan Ross keep

Carl Tremarco keep

Callum Morris keep

Keith Watson keep

Alex Iacovitti keep

Jordan Tillson keep

Coll Donaldson keep

Josh Reid keep

Tom Grivosti keep

Ben Williamson keep

Michael O'Connor keep

Iain Vigurs keep

Ross Draper keep

Regan Charles-Cook keep

Stephen Kelly keep

Charlie Lakin keep

Harrison Paton keep

Don Cowie keep

Adam Mackinnon keep

Michael Gardyne keep

Jermaine Hylton keep

Billy McKay keep

Ross Stewart keep

Oliver Shaw keep

Matthew Wright keep

Keep

laidlaw

doohan

watson

morris

iacovitti

reid

gardyne

vigurs 

tillson 

draper 

kelly

lakin

paton

stewart

rid

Donaldson

tremarco

mckay

maybe

charles cook

hylton

shaw

eta even though I have said keep to a lot most of them I’d only want to be squad players

Edited by Rcfc fan

9 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

So... we’re not in a good way, that’s pretty clear. I don’t know how much freedom Yogi’s going to be getting in January...? I also have to say that, for various reasons, I haven’t seen all that many games this season. So I’m wondering if folks wouldn’t mind sharing their thoughts on the current squad? If it was up to you, who would you keep, who would you chuck and who’s a maybe?

The real answer to this is get rid of the lot. Ok maybe a couple of exceptions for some younger players that might come good. But, in general, they are all players that would struggle to make the first team of any of our competitors, so singling out individuals is meaningless. The selection will probably be driven by how quickly and cheaply we can move them on.

In reality, we might get a couple of players in, but this squad is the one that will decide our future this season. If we get organised, stop shootings ourselves in the foot and have a bit of luck, we could pip Hamilton and maybe even survive the play offs. So all is not lost yet but whatever happens a clear out at the end of the year is needed. The big question is will the Board do it.

Laidlaw - keep, as a backup

Randall - punt, a crap Marcus Fraser

Tremarco - nice guy, but get rid

Morris - keep, one of the few who did okay vs st mirren

draper - punt, past it

midge - keep, as a squad player

shaw - keep, showed some sparks before being injured

mckay - on the fence with him

vigurs - punt him as far as f**k away from the club as possible

grivosti - keep, but will be sold

hylton - punt, has offered little

watson - keep as cover for CB

Iacovitti - on the fence

Charles-Cook - keep, showed improvements before being injured

kelly - punt back to rangers

lakin - haven't seen enough

doohan - assume he's gone

tillson - punt, not awful but offers little

paton - keep

donaldson - punt, liability

stewart - keep, but will be sold

reid - incredibly naive, loan to a championship side/league one side

Ross Laidlaw keep
Ross Doohan keep
Ross Munro keep 
Logan Ross keep

Carl Tremarco keep
Callum Morris keep
Keith Watson keep
Alex Iacovitti keep
Jordan Tillson keep
Coll Donaldson keep
Josh Reid keep

Tom Grivosti keep
Ben Williamson keep
Michael O'Connor keep
Iain Vigurs keep
Ross Draper keep
Regan Charles-Cook keep
Stephen Kelly keep
Charlie Lakin keep
Harrison Paton keep
Don Cowie keep
Adam Mackinnon keep

Michael Gardyne keep
Jermaine Hylton keep
Billy McKay keep
Ross Stewart keep
Oliver Shaw keep
Matthew Wright keep

Quite enjoying the number of Caley fans giving County stick just now. It’s like a homeless man slating your curtains.

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Quite enjoying the number of Caley fans giving County stick just now. It’s like a homeless man slating your curtains.

Its to be expected don't you think? I mean you have about 40 first team players, a lot of whom will be on eye-watering money, and you're absolutely fucking shite. We're talking so shite you actually need to be relegated immediately, as in today. 

Of course your rivals will be having a pop. We'lve gotten plenty off you lot recently. 

Its to be expected don't you think? I mean you have about 40 first team players, a lot of whom will be on eye-watering money, and you're absolutely fucking shite. We're talking so shite you actually need to be relegated immediately, as in today. 
Of course your rivals will be having a pop. We'lve gotten plenty off you lot recently. 

I don’t blame you at all fella, would do the same.

The current squad is dreadful. There's no balance to the team (which is a criticism that appears to rear its head every season now). When's the last time we had an actual left-sided midfielder? Graham Carey?

It's a squad full of Championship level cloggers who should have been chucked after promotion. We're still reliant on a forty-something Michael Gardyne. There's only three or four guys who would potentially get a game for other bottom six sides - Paton, Stewart, and Morris are the ones that immediately spring to mind (and one of them appears to break down every 7 games). Guys like Shaw and Charles-Cook have, when given an opportunity, shown glimpses of ability. Reid has mostly been fine but he's been thrown under the bus at times - he'll make mistakes but it's not as if there's an alternative. Naismith is a very good signing but he's not going to save us by himself.

I'd happily see the rest of them binned though. 

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

The current squad is dreadful. There's no balance to the team (which is a criticism that appears to rear its head every season now). When's the last time we had an actual left-sided midfielder? Graham Carey?

It's a squad full of Championship level cloggers who should have been chucked after promotion. We're still reliant on a forty-something Michael Gardyne. There's only three or four guys who would potentially get a game for other bottom six sides - Paton, Stewart, and Morris are the ones that immediately spring to mind (and one of them appears to break down every 7 games). Guys like Shaw and Charles-Cook have, when given an opportunity, shown glimpses of ability. Reid has mostly been fine but he's been thrown under the bus at times - he'll make mistakes but it's not as if there's an alternative. Naismith is a very good signing but he's not going to save us by himself.

I'd happily see the rest of them binned though. 

Right.  Kelly and Doohan seem like two more grossly overrated Old Firm players to me.  Of all of Kettlewell’s signings, Donaldson is okay, Charles-Cooke is okay just about, Iacovitti is passable and there’s definitely a player in Shaw.   The rest? Hapless.  As for Michael O’Connor...  

The problem is they’re expecting an imbecilic incompetent to somehow get them to play better - presumably by being taller and running about more.  

Kelly is Ewan Henderson MK II- tidy on the ball, passes it side to side, runs about a bit and does absolutely nothing of worth. He'll end up in the Championship or League One shortly.

Kelly is Ewan Henderson MK II- tidy on the ball, passes it side to side, runs about a bit and does absolutely nothing of worth. He'll end up in the Championship or League One shortly.

Rangers seem to rate him quite highly; gave him a new deal just before he went out on loan to us. Haven’t seen anything from his time at County to warrant a contract at any Premiership team let alone Rangers.

Laidlaw - punt
Randall - punt
Tremarco - keep, give a coaching role
Morris - keep
Draper - punt
Gardyne - keep
Shaw - keep
McKay - not sure
Vigurs - punt
Grivosti - keep
Hylton - not sure
Watson - punt
Iacovitti - keep
Charles-Cook - not sure
Kelly - punt
Lakin - not sure
Doohan - punt
Tillson - punt
Paton - keep
Donaldson - punt
Stewart - punt, assuming Yogi can't get him scoring
Munro - keep
Reid - keep
Wright, Williamson, Ross, Mackinnon - keep

4 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

You could punt any first team player and I wouldn’t really give a f**k tbh. None of them are irreplaceable.

The worry is which absolute no marks from over the Kessock bridge they’ll be replaced with.

This has nailed it , we have no Irvine , Boyce , schalk, Davies etc no in one that class currently, they are all replaceable in this squad at the moment , in saying that I’d keep a fair few of them as squad players but not starting players

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

He’s crap. Always on the periphery.    Exactly like Ewan Henderson. Ross Doohan is a Scottish Championship keeper.  Quite why these two aren’t getting punted back to their parent clubs is beyond me  - but neither of them are up to standard.