The General Ross County Chat Thread

20 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

See you lads next season then.

Maybe, never been to Raith so that'll at least be another ground to tick off.

Edited by Aqy
Spelling

Doing a daft wee thing to rate CBs, and reached you lot in 17/18.

Souttar, Fontaine, Fraser and Fontaine all come out as having slightly above average performances that season, and not deserving to concede as much as they did.

Scott Fox below average and around relegation level, while Aaron McCarey is abymsal, one of the worst goalkeepers of the past 5 years from any club.

Does that sound right?

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Souttar, Fontaine, Fraser and Fontaine all come out as having slightly above average performances that season, and not deserving to concede as much as they did.

Scott Fox below average and around relegation level, while Aaron McCarey is abymsal, one of the worst goalkeepers of the past 5 years from any club.

Does that sound right?

Scott fox was decent on his day but aye a big standard keeper , I remember mccarey being largely decent but iirc he had a couple of clangers too , all defenders mentioned were decent at that time

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does that sound right?

Our keepers and midfield were all over the fucking place that season.

oh wait 17/18 mb

Edited by Comrie

Just now, Comrie said:

Our keepers and midfield were all over the fucking place that season.

Marcus Fraser was beyond awful at CB, couldn't win a header if you paid him.

Yeah he comes out with a 50% "aerial success rate".

Against league CBs seasons 17/18-20/21, he scored 0.27 out of 10 for aerial ability, meaning he was only better than 2.7% of the other CBs in my system, which currently contains 145 players...

Probably explains why he ended up a full back.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah he comes out with a 50% "aerial success rate".

Against league CBs seasons 17/18-20/21, he scored 0.27 out of 10 for aerial ability, meaning he was only better than 2.7% of the other CBs in my system, which currently contains 145 players...

Probably explains why he ended up a full back.

I remember a game down at Tynecastle where Hearts played a (south american) lad I think and Fraser won a total of 0 headers, despite being four inches taller than him.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Reports that Ross Stewart might be injured for Saturday, if it helps we can loan you Lee Erwin..........even if it doesn’t can we just leave him at your place?

Noticed he scored the other day , hadn’t been following his progress but going by your post he must’ve taken his county form to st mirren

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

If vigurs still had the legs he’d be our best player but he’s pretty much done now, would rather see tillson Kelly draper and Paton above him in the pecking order

He may be our most technically gifted player, but hes fast turning into a luxury player we can't afford. It's just my opinion, but the situation we're in at the moment leaves little room for passengers. Vigurs has been a fantastic player for us in the past but I'd agree that now, there are others who ought to be ahead in the pecking order.

Noticed he scored the other day , hadn’t been following his progress but going by your post he must’ve taken his county form to st mirren
He was one of the ones who caught covid and it's taken him a while to recover, supposedly.

Not been great in all honesty, big difference when we use him instead of Obika. So I'd expect Erwin to be on the bench on Saturday.

On 22/12/2020 at 23:02, RandomGuy. said:

Does that sound right?

In our relegation season, Fox was dreadful.  He was an excellent keeper every other season though, so it was just an aberration.  McCarey wasn’t very good, but we’ve had far, far worse.  

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

He tries but it just amazes me that a professional player couldn’t trap a bag of cement. 
In the lads defense though, we are hardly free scoring so it might be a combination of things 😕