The General Ross County Chat Thread

Watched the highlights there and it felt like County were a touch unlucky. Had some good chances.

I think some of the problem is that you've three talented midfielders there, but you maybe don't have one that's suited to sit in front of the defence. Kelly is a good player but he's a No. 8, not a No. 6, and you saw a couple of times today that he charged after the ball and pressed players when he needed to stay central and stop the pass coming in.

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

Watched the highlights there and it felt like County were a touch unlucky. Had some good chances.

I think some of the problem is that you've three talented midfielders there, but you maybe don't have one that's suited to sit in front of the defence. Kelly is a good player but he's a No. 8, not a No. 6, and you saw a couple of times today that he charged after the ball and pressed players when he needed to stay central and stop the pass coming in.

The defensive sitter is Draper, who is injured.

Edited by Comrie

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

The defensive sitter is Draper, who is injured.

Who in my opinion would make a huge difference to this team but he never seems to be fit 

we now have celtic, rangers and aberdeen as our next 3 games I would be surprised to see ketts still in charge at the end of that run unless he can pull something out the bag

12 hours ago, Comrie said:

I did a break down of Owen Coyle's reign in charge of County and Ketts has done worse- we score less and concede more than we did under Coyle.

Make no mistake I'm not advocating that we keep him, quite the opposite in fact. He's struggling at County, does that mean that he'll struggle indefinetly at any other club? Of course not, that's a nonsense statement to make.

11 hours ago, G51 said:

I thought when Tillson came in that was the position he was going to play. Him going off injured yesterday probably didn't do us any favours in that regard, but at that point we were already 1-0 down and Killie were down to 10 men, so maybe it didn't really matter.

You're writing him off because his first venture into management hasn't been a success?
Wonder if the Morton/DUFC/Killie fans thought Micheal Gardyne would ever amount to much.

If he did go to another club and do well I’d be the first to say well done. The thing is players find it a lot easier to find clubs than managers do so the example you’ve used isn’t really relevant. Reminiscent of Richie Foran (not in terms of ability but struggle to get into another job). Maybe I went a bit far saying he’s not manager in a million years, he’s a coach and nothing more.

On 21/11/2020 at 18:23, Comrie said:

I'm barely capable of forming a coherent sentence right now, my seethe is off the charts.

No been this pissed off with County since going down to McDiarmid to se us lose 2-0 and play like crap under Owen Coyle.

I think going to Dumfries to watch us get pumped 4-0 by Dobbie and Co ranks pretty highly for me, in recent memory anyway.

That story on the BBC is mental, absolutely throwing the players under the bus while not taking any responsibility himself.

Edited by Aqy

20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Wonder if Kettlechips has seen what has gone on at Livingston?  

Kettlewell would be daft to resign. Holt must be financially secure enough to take the hit, but given the more limited career Kettlewell had, combined with a young family and limited re-employment opportunities, you couldn't blame him for hanging on for the severance package - whether he believes he can turn things around or not.

You'll all be happy to know I've created a system that shows Liam Boyce 16/17 as the 2nd best striking performance from 16/17-20/21.

9.9 rating, but slightly above Louis Moult 16/17 once you go beyond about 6 decimal points.

Edouard 19/20 the only striker better. 

On 27/11/2020 at 16:14, RandomGuy. said:

You'll all be happy to know I've created a system that shows Liam Boyce 16/17 as the 2nd best striking performance from 16/17-20/21.

9.9 rating, but slightly above Louis Moult 16/17 once you go beyond about 6 decimal points.

Edouard 19/20 the only striker better. 

He played several games from central midfield in that season too!