The General Ross County Chat Thread

Conceding 8 penalties so far this season is embarrassing. 

Losing 3-1 to a team who had ten men for 82 minutes isnt just embarrassing, its unacceptable. 

I am usually very level headed and willing to give people a lot of time but I think very serious questions indeed need to be asked of Kettlewell. 

I looked at the team we put out today and thought to myself that might be our strongest team we have. The fact we were outclassed by a side with 10 men, no matter who they are or where they are in the league, tells me there is simply no excuses anymore. Loved Kettlewell as a player but he’s never a manager in a million years, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

but he’s never a manager in a million years, unfortunately.

I don't think it's fair or anywhere near accurate to throw this blanket statement at Kettlewell.

Having said that, it's clear that at this moment in time this level is not where SK is comfortable. We certainly don't have a squad full of world beaters but we are playing soo far from our potential at the moment and have been for a while, that even the most optimistic County fan has to accept that we're in decline. I'm not one of the County fans who believes we can be challenging for European football next season, but i'd happily take 8th and look to build from there. I think with the squad we have at the moment we should be looking to that, but I'm afraid with the manager we have just now (and I have a lot of time for SK) we won't.

I'm barely capable of forming a coherent sentence right now, my seethe is off the charts.

No been this pissed off with County since going down to McDiarmid to se us lose 2-0 and play like crap under Owen Coyle.

I feel like County have been shite throughout all of this season and last yet have never been in the bottom two and, to be frank, it's really annoying me. I'm pretty sure I'll look at the table in February and you'll still be 9th despite seemingly losing every game.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I feel like County have been shite throughout all of this season and last yet have never been in the bottom two and, to be frank, it's really annoying me. I'm pretty sure I'll look at the table in February and you'll still be 9th despite seemingly losing every game.

They did it last season too. Lose 4 in a row then win one when all the teams below draw their games and never move down a place. 

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's that or do the Hamilton, spend half the season in 12th, then beat Rangers 1-0 away, Motherwell away 2-0 and end up 9th.

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

How is it not fair to “throw” it at him? Would you say his first venture into management has been a success?

Of course some will mention the promotion season, but even that was a slog. I'm fairly confident we'd have finished in the bottom two spots if the season played out last season. 

This year has followed the same pattern. Decisions like giving a clearly overweight Vigurs captaincy, failing to strengthen positions that we've been lacking in for seasons. 

Probably over exaggerating due to be pissed off, but getting to Willie McStay levels of dread before we play a game. 

As an opportunistic visitor I recall being at Old Trafford and being surprised by a groundswell of common opinion and it seemed to me that the beseeching throng would get their wish and Alex Ferguson would be gone.

History records that he salvaged something from the game and time gave him a connection with greatness.

It cannot be denied that the whole of the highlands would wish for better fortune and I wonder if we are being too harsh on a young and enthusiastic artisan.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

As an opportunistic visitor I recall being at Old Trafford and being surprised by a groundswell of common opinion and it seemed to me that the beseeching throng would get their wish and Alex Ferguson would be gone.

History records that he salvaged something from the game and time gave him a connection with greatness.

It cannot be denied that the whole of the highlands would wish for better fortune and I wonder if we are being too harsh on a young and enthusiastic artisan.

Shut up

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

How is it not fair to “throw” it at him? Would you say his first venture into management has been a success?

You're writing him off because his first venture into management hasn't been a success?

Wonder if the Morton/DUFC/Killie fans thought Micheal Gardyne would ever amount to much.

Edited by central staggie

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

You're writing him off because his first venture into management hasn't been a success?

Wonder if the Morton/DUFC/Killie fans thought Micheal Gardyne would ever amount to much.

I did a break down of Owen Coyle's reign in charge of County and Ketts has done worse- we score less and concede more than we did under Coyle.