The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Woods was 28 when he signed for us or so, whereas Lakin is what, 21? 

Also, he didn't try one shitebag attempt to swipe an opponent's leg out from underneath them once they'd beaten him.

True, Woods at one point in time (When he had Irvine doing all the running for him defensively) was actually doing okay in the team. As soon as he was left to do anything defensively he would as you say shitebag it 10/10 times. I meant more on the ball in regards to Lakin, even does the wee skip that Woods did. Maybe I've got PTSD from having to sit and watch Martin Woods mope about for 90 minutes every Saturday. Hylton looked decent in the first half though I must admit, but we're still waaaaay off where I think we should be.

18 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Martin woods was not a bad player , probably got it harder from the fans more than others due to his petulance

If he played every game like he did against Celtic in the semi final, he’d have been by a Scotland cap.  He didn’t. He played like that twice a year.  He was an absolute charlatan.  Like Ryan Dow. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If he played every game like he did against Celtic in the semi final, he’d have been by a Scotland cap.  He didn’t. He played like that twice a year.  He was an absolute charlatan.  Like Ryan Dow. 

That was one of the best performances I've seen from a county player, actually made it worse  knowing he could play like that when you seen how poor most of performances were for us.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If he played every game like he did against Celtic in the semi final, he’d have been by a Scotland cap.  He didn’t. He played like that twice a year.  He was an absolute charlatan.  Like Ryan Dow

He's seriously not even a footballer, I've seen better players at 5's than Ryan Dow. 

4 minutes ago, humbleheart said:

Yeh Lakin, don’t be doing that, we all know that’s the captains job these days

Say what you want about Vigurs, he doesn't do dirty wee fouls like Woods did. He is full on "what the hell was he thinking" lunges- very similar to Jimmy Scott.

6 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Did anyone who watched the match against Arbroath, notice what happened to Callum Morris. I noticed from the twitted feed that he went off injured last night?

Committed a few mistimed crunching tackles then sauntered off a few minutes later, not sure exactly what happened to him. Iacovitti was an upgrade anyway.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Say what you want about Vigurs, he doesn't do dirty wee fouls like Woods did. He is full on "what the hell was he thinking" lunges- very similar to Jimmy Scott.

That's exactly what he does, and FAR too often too. When he's in the mood and on the ball Vigurs can be a great asset but out of possession and out of shape he can be a liability, hence all of the yellow cards. 

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I was a very harsh critic of Charles-Cook after his first few games, but it seems a run in the team is doing his confidence the world of good and he actually looks like there is potential for a decent player there.

He's kicked on for sure. Maybe just needed a couple of games to get used to Scottish football.

48 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Agreed , mental how good gardyne is for 36 , was also happy to see grivosti back 

As much as Craigan does my nut in on the commentary at times, he did make a valid point about us still going to Midge for the creative spark. He's nearly 35. He can't do it forever and we need others to step up and fill in. Lakin is perhaps someone that can, but is a very different sort of player.

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

From watching the hibs match, I thought that Charles-Cook, Gardyne & Lakin all looked very impressive.

The number of times Charles-Cook was last man, was absolutely unreal.  Somebody, most likely the right back, was out of position every single time. 

On 19/10/2020 at 01:02, sophia said:

So not a doppelganger for Lionel Djebi-Zadi then?

Djebi-Zadi managed to be bad for both County and Caley, so RCC has a long way to go to equal that,

On 21/10/2020 at 21:52, Les Westander of County said:

RCC was wing back, and I reckon the game plan was for his pace to be needed in those situations. 

Sophia was fishing for racism btw

What makes you thing that?