The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

The u19's match was abandoned at ht due to manager Billy Stark testing positive for covid, the whole squad are to isolate for 14 days now so that'll be Josh Reid out for the Hibs game on the 17th!

What a f**k up, get called up to represent your country then your coach potentially contaminates the whole squad and back room staff!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54469049

An under-19 friendly between England and Scotland on Thursday was abandoned during the first half after the visitors' head coach Billy Stark tested positive for Covid-19.

Hosts England led 3-1 in the game at St George's Park when it was halted.

The Scottish FA said Stark tested negative when the squad met up, but a second round took place on Thursday before a scheduled re-match on Sunday.

He will now "travel home in isolation and will self-isolate for 10 days".

"The playing group and the rest of the backroom team will undertake precautionary self-isolation for 14 days, whilst the Scottish government undertakes a formal risk assessment to assess who Stark was in close contact with during the camp," a Scottish FA statement said.

Scotland Under-19s second game against England on Sunday has now been postponed along with the scheduled Under-17s match at St. George's Park on Saturday.

What a complete and utter balls up.

We are lucky it's only the one game he is probably going to miss.

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

What a complete and utter balls up.

We are lucky it's only the one game he is probably going to miss.

It’s absolutely embarrassing.  Not to mention the team was getting hammered.  

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s absolutely embarrassing. 

Is it? Stark had tested negative for the England game. They were due to have another game in a few days and it was his test for that game which came back positive. It just happened to come back during the game against England. At that point, you don't really have any choice but to stop the game.

It's not ideal that the whole squad have to self-isolate and there's questions to be asked about why that's the case - when it's been players who have tested positive it usually just seems to be a small number that join them in isolation. It's probably not necessary to be playing international friendlies at the moment either, but I don't think we're at "absolutely embarassing" and "complete and utter balls up" levels of hyperbole.

Carl Tremarco v Martin Boyle gives me the fear though.

7 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Is it? Stark had tested negative for the England game. They were due to have another game in a few days and it was his test for that game which came back positive. It just happened to come back during the game against England...

I don't think we're at "absolutely embarassing" and "complete and utter balls up" levels of hyperbole.

Carl Tremarco v Martin Boyle gives me the fear though.

I agree but from the original link I posted above, there's no mention of the positive test being for the next match. I (mistakenly) read it to be that they'd kicked off before test results then stopped when a positive result came in. That would have been a balls up, and embarrassing. 

Clearly, bbc articles require more scrutiny of the facts. My apologies for assuming the sfa had ballsed something up. 

Reid is out for the hibs game so it probably is Tremarco, or maybe Iacovitti but likely Tremarco. These cup games will be useful for him to get some game time in the back four. 

Public service advice 

I couldn't help but notice from Govan footage on the sabbath just past an ill fitting covid mitigating mask...

There was a Ross County official in the stand, I didn't recognize him but he did rather remind me of a Sontaran, who was wearing his mask below his nasal orifices thus presenting his duty of care to others as substantially compromised.

One would hate to see such sloppy attention to detail result in a situation whereby colleagues are rendered unavailable and valuable points potentially lost.

Number of times I’ve seen we’re only Ross County and we don’t deserve to be in this league etc; absolutely sick of it. Who does deserve to be in this league then? Hearts/Falkirk/Dunfermline etc because they have a bigger fan base? No. We’re here on a results based basis therefore deserve to be here. And for as long as we’re in this league we should be aiming to be as high as possible in it instead of always being happy with surviving by the skin of our teeth each season.

On 09/10/2020 at 20:02, sophia said:

Public service advice 

I couldn't help but notice from Govan footage on the sabbath just past an ill fitting covid mitigating mask...

There was a Ross County official in the stand, I didn't recognize him but he did rather remind me of a Sontaran, who was wearing his mask below his nasal orifices thus presenting his duty of care to others as substantially compromised.

One would hate to see such sloppy attention to detail result in a situation whereby colleagues are rendered unavailable and valuable points potentially lost.

It is a rather selective observation.

Try observing all the other areas ,  Scotland and England matches more than a few not complying.

What about the Scotland players after the penalty shoot out?  a complete hug fest, celebrations as if they had won the cup.

37 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

It is a rather selective observation.

Try observing all the other areas ,  Scotland and England matches more than a few not complying.

What about the Scotland players after the penalty shoot out?  a complete hug fest, celebrations as if they had won the cup.

Would you have any remarks on the risk assessment processes that demarc on and off field responsibilities?

Just reading over the last few pages. I fucking knew when it was announced that someone would lament the loss of Blair Spittal.

All I can recall is the free-kick at home to Saints. Apart from that nothing really. Hope he does well at Partick mind but I reckon he’ll be off at the end of next season anyway.

Great game tonight guys [emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145] Thought we were onto another famous win after that stunning free kick but sadly it wasn’t to be, all to play for now in November and the final group games, all the best for the rest of the season [emoji123]

Didn’t watch the game as I had zero motivation to pay to watch it (knew it would be another awful slog) but by all sounds it seems like Arbroath were unlucky not to get anything from the game. Best of luck for the rest of the season too.

19 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Did anyone who watched the match against Arbroath, notice what happened to Callum Morris. I noticed from the twitted feed that he went off injured last night?

I didn't actually see how he got injured, just sort of strolled off the park, wonder if it's a recurring injury.

On another note, my word we were poor again last night. I don't know if it's just the way he runs and takes a touch but Lakin reminds me of Martin Woods a lot....

56 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Lakin is young and there's talent there but the decision making wasn't always the best. Think he's a better player than Woods already.

He kept going for a reverse through ball when it never looked like it was on. He has a great first  touch though, wonder how much he will play in the league.

39 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

He kept going for a reverse through ball when it never looked like it was on. He has a great first  touch though, wonder how much he will play in the league.

Woods was 28 when he signed for us or so, whereas Lakin is what, 21? 

Also, he didn't try one shitebag attempt to swipe an opponent's leg out from underneath them once they'd beaten him.