The General Ross County Chat Thread

10 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Considering how little game time Kelly is getting, I doubt Rangers will be keen on sending out another youngster on loan to us.

We can’t sign anyone from Rangers on loan as things stand, but I’m sure Kelly will be on his bike.  If not now, in January.  

19 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

What's up with thingy, the winger / attacking midfielder who came from Dundee United? Spittal? Is he still on the books?

"Nearer his family..." press release any day now.  He and Shaw are not long for this world.

Again, just goes to show how little they actually needed a central midfielder.  Baffling.

I'm incredibly surprised we got through deadline day without releasing at least one midfielder after signing yet another one on loan. Hopefully this guy is an improvement on what we have, but at 21 years old and with his only meaningful experience thus far having been 20 games on loan last season at League 2's worst team, Stevenage, I'm not brimming with confidence.

I'm incredibly surprised we got through deadline day without releasing at least one midfielder after signing yet another one on loan. Hopefully this guy is an improvement on what we have, but at 21 years old and with his only meaningful experience thus far having been 20 games on loan last season at League 2's worst team, Stevenage, I'm not brimming with confidence.

Think the problem this window has been the signing of too many squad players. Nobody has really made the squad that much better; instead just signing a couple of players that match the ability we already have (or lack of it).

Not surprised in regards to him as a player, but I thought he was doing coaching work?

Seemed like a good lad from what little interaction I had with him.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Not surprised in regards to him as a player, but I thought he was doing coaching work?

Seemed like a good lad from what little interaction I had with him.

He seems like a good bloke, but he was past it when we played in the cup final, and he was even more past it when we signed him.   Coaching work seems to be “jobs for the boys” at County.

16 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Can see Spittal, Kelly and Doohan all getting released/sent back to their clubs.

The boy O' Connor not having a single minute played in 2 games is a bit strange, hope he gets a chance.

Does anyone have an idea of what our best 11 would be?

Kettlewell said it would take a few weeks to get O’Connor up to speed, I guess he’s not fit enough to step up yet

21 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Kettlewell said it would take a few weeks to get O’Connor up to speed, I guess he’s not fit enough to step up yet

I saw it written that he looks like he pours kestrel lager on his cornflakes.  I think he could take a while to get up to speed.  But it took Liam Boyce a year to do that, so it’s not a sign of anything in itself, except the poor standards in that league.

I see Josh Mullin did more in his debut for Livingston than any County winger has managed all season.  Smashing stuff there, Ketts.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

He seems like a good bloke, but he was past it when we played in the cup final, and he was even more past it when we signed him.   Coaching work seems to be “jobs for the boys” at County.

Is he finished as a player? No chance he could do a job in league 1? 

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Is he finished as a player? No chance he could do a job in league 1? 

Utterly done.  You’d be far better off giving a younger player a chance.  

Edit: Scottish football being what it is, I don’t doubt he’ll find a club to sucker into giving him a playing contract.

Edited by Savage Henry