The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We’re in trouble.

Everyone has bought the hype of the first 2 games when in reality we were lucky to beat Motherwell at home and Hamilton are, it seems, worse than us.

We struggle to score goals. Pretty much all of them coming from set pieces or second balls from set pieces. Stewart has looked poor for last 4 games and I think Iacovitti is the only summer signing that has looked okay so far. Doesn’t seem to be any style of play whatsoever because the team don’t press yet are always so open. Other results have gone out way for weeks but I’ll be very surprised if we’re not in the bottom 2 within the next month or so.

Josh Reid is the next Roberto Carlos. Keep clapping harder and GET BEHIND THE TEAM!

Today was the first away Premiership match we’ve had that’s not been on Sky, so the first away PPV that I’ve bought. 

Positives - after the first 10 minutes of a shambles, the picture quality was good.

the commentary team was excellent and even gave the man of the match to an away player (unheard of)

allowed me to watch my team away from home.

Negatives - no replays at all.

first 10 minutes the sound was awful, and the commentary disappeared entirely for about 5 minutes.

well overpriced at £15.

Overall it has made me appreciate how good RedTV is.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Today was the first away Premiership match we’ve had that’s not been on Sky, so the first away PPV that I’ve bought. 

Positives - after the first 10 minutes of a shambles, the picture quality was good.

the commentary team was excellent and even gave the man of the match to an away player (unheard of)

first 10 minutes the sound was awful, and the commentary disappeared entirely for about 5 minutes.

well overpriced at £15.

Ross Laidlaw got MOTM though from the County commentary.

Today wasn’t ideal but we need to give it a bit more time , we have missed mckay and hopefully O’Connor will make a good impact , who knows whats going on with mullin though , would also like to see Charles cook starting as an advanced midfielder with one of the other 3 dropping out

Give what a bit more time? We’ve almost had a full round of fixtures and we haven’t won a game by more than a goal yet - every point we’ve had we have scraped and with a bit less luck with other results around us we could easily be a lot further down the table than we are. Let’s face it, we’re going to get hammered by Rangers and Hibs in our next two games so we will be 9/10th after those and from there it’s an uphill battle. No doubt Kettlewell will start the same team as yesterday (bar his best mate Vigurs) away at Rangers next week.

And as for Charles-Cook I honestly don’t have a positive word to say about him so far. He’s far too safe, he doesn’t look fit, his passing is awful and he can’t beat a man so why does he deserve a start?

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

well overpriced at £15.

10 hours ago, Comrie said:

Ross Laidlaw got MOTM though from the County commentary.

Ross Laidlaw got the sponsor's MOTM, announced over the tannoy. Richie Hart gave the RCFCTV MOTM to an Aberdeen player (Watkins IIRC).

Hart was on the home comms along with Jamie Lyall and Stephen Craigan. There was an away commentary option with Rob McLean and Brian Irvine. Having an away commentary team seems to be standard across the Stream Digital platform, which was a pleasant surprise.

The sound issues are frustrating. It happened at the start of the Celtic game as well. Hopefully they can get that sorted properly. There are usually replays, but for whatever reason, that wasn't working yesterday.

£15 is overpriced, but it's in the middle of the league's offering, so it is what it is. The production values are streets ahead of some of the other PPV I've seen.

18 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

I’d honestly like to hear the reasons why Charles-Cooke deserves a start, I’ve yet to see why he’s at the club, never mind why he deserves a start. Might just be me...

Just the type of player he is , I feel that a midfield 3 of vigurs Paton and tillson who are all individually good players , is severely lacking in any attacking threat the only reason I said charles cook is he’s the only player on our books who would really fit the number 10 position for example vs the likes of Hamilton, st mirren and st Johnstone id start 2 DMs (vigurs, tillson, Paton, Draper) then have charles cook more advanced to try and create something.

fwiw I think we are missing draper in the midfield big time , he’d of given ferguson and mcrorie a much tougher time yesterday , they had it far to easy

12 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Just the type of player he is , I feel that a midfield 3 of vigurs Paton and tillson who are all individually good players , is severely lacking in any attacking threat the only reason I said charles cook is he’s the only player on our books who would really fit the number 10 position for example vs the likes of Hamilton, st mirren and st Johnstone id start 2 DMs (vigurs, tillson, Paton, Draper) then have charles cook more advanced to try and create something.

fwiw I think we are missing draper in the midfield big time , he’d of given ferguson and mcrorie a much tougher time yesterday , they had it far to easy

Does that not just tell us that we’re missing that type of player rather than explaining why he should start? I haven’t seen anything in his performances so far that give me confidence that he can play in any position, but I hope I’m proved wrong because the manager seems to be confident of his ability.

Wake me up when next season starts. Since the Celtic game (which I long hummed and haa-ed about before finally shelling out), I've cut back on watching - under financial strain as it is, insult to injury when I pay to put myself through what we're producing just now. Anyway, remind me to also not even watch the highlights - Laidlaw should be saving that opener? Vigurs -  I mean, how stupid do you have to be. Wasn't even a guaranteed goal with Laidlaw closing him down - even if the boy scores at least we've 11 players still on the pitch. All of that not to mention WHERE IS JOSH MULLIN, combined with everything I have seen and continue to hear about Charles Cook. There's no way the 5 teams below us are all worse than us - as somebody has pointed out we'll have a truer reflection oce the full first round of fixtures is completed.

Edited by The Great Stagsby

2 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Ross Laidlaw got the sponsor's MOTM, announced over the tannoy. Richie Hart gave the RCFCTV MOTM to an Aberdeen player (Watkins IIRC).

Hart was on the home comms along with Jamie Lyall and Stephen Craigan. There was an away commentary option with Rob McLean and Brian Irvine. Having an away commentary team seems to be standard across the Stream Digital platform, which was a pleasant surprise.

The sound issues are frustrating. It happened at the start of the Celtic game as well. Hopefully they can get that sorted properly. There are usually replays, but for whatever reason, that wasn't working yesterday.

£15 is overpriced, but it's in the middle of the league's offering, so it is what it is. The production values are streets ahead of some of the other PPV I've seen.

I was drinking the pain away by that point so my mistake.

Irvine and McLean on the Aberdeen commentary seems kinda weird seeing as both have strong County connections (fully aware Irvine is an Aberdeen legend).

Aye we're fairly shite tbh. Our defence will get a lot of stick for conceding goals but it's midfield that's killing us. Vigurs is the only midfielder we have that is capable of trying to split a team open with a pass, seems he also likes to split our own defence open with passes as well though as he's been terrible the last few home games with misplaced passes and fouls. Paton after looking like the new messiah after the first two games has looked average, Stewart is playing like his heads been turned. Shaw I've been okay with purely because he's getting less than zero service and it's not really his fault. Midge does what he can but doesn't have 90 minutes in him at this point (what has Mullin got to do to get a game!) Tilson is giving me heavy Tim Chow vibes at this point where they aren't good at anything but aren't terrible at anything either. ALSO when are we going to admit that Josh Reid gets done way too much for a full back? I do see huge potential in him though and he's direct which I like. I think bringing Grivosti into holding midfield when he's fit could bring us some joy and actual protection to the back 4 and could maybe see our other midfielders actually play a bit.

It's all a bit doom and gloom but hopefully we can turn it around.

Laidlaw needs to be binned for Doohan asap. 

5 hours ago, Forfinn said:

I was listening to the Ross County commentary then, never realised I had the McLean/Irvine option. Yeah, once the first 10 minutes problems were sorted everything was fine. I appreciate being able to see a match that I would have been going to anyway. Dundee United is our next away match, so we’ll see what their offering is like.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d take whatever we can get for him right now because he looks as if he’s not interested anyway.

However, MK Dons? Is that really a bigger platform to go prove himself on?

He’ll get about four times the salary.  He’ll also, presumably, have a competent manager.  If they pay over the odds, he’ll be away.  It’s only a matter of time. You’d be disappointed if ot was not Liam Boyce type money, but no doubt they’ll accept 10p in the pound. 

edit: notice it was Gordon Parks who wrote the article.  Safe to say it is probably nonsense.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

edit: notice it was Gordon Parks who wrote the article.  Safe to say it is probably nonsense.  

Unless it's come from Scott Burns you can usually ignore any transfer rumours the Record or other red tops come out with.

I'd be happy with anything over 600k for Stewart. The initial Rotherham bids have made him make his mind up about his future I think. At the start of the season I would have been fuming at anything less than a million for him but to be honest it's his last year of his contract and we might be in a bit of trouble if we don't strengthen on what we have.

We got chalmers off the wage bill and his wage hasn’t been replaced yet so if we Sell Stewart for over 500k I would hope we can bring in a winger , left back , attacking mid 

we do definitely need to strengthen before it’s too late 

Edited by Rcfc fan