The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ketts saying it’s a Lee Erwin replacement in the P&J.

I like the sound of this guy, could be a decent addition/upgrade on a distinctly average Erwin.

Here's one of the articles I read of him https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/waterford-captain-loan-linfield-striker-17790045

I like the sound of this guy, could be a decent addition/upgrade on a distinctly average Erwin.
Here's one of the articles I read of him https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/waterford-captain-loan-linfield-striker-17790045

Seems as if he’s got his head screwed on - also must have something about him if Burnley were interested in him a few years ago. Promising...

15 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

County have signed Michael O’Connor.  He had been on trial with Hibs.  I seem to recall he’s got an interesting history with Dublin’s finest.

Thought for a minute you meant this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_O'Connor_(footballer,_born_1987)

who we were linked with for a long time 10 years or so ago. If there's an O'Connor out there I'm sure we've had a look at them at some point

41 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Thought for a minute you meant this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_O'Connor_(footballer,_born_1987)

who we were linked with for a long time 10 years or so ago. If there's an O'Connor out there I'm sure we've had a look at them at some point

A 32 year old central midfielder is the last thing that the team needs, so I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if Kettlewell signed him too.

20 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

At least every other media outlet has announced him signing before the club has. Even his previous club have said before we have.

Tbf SK was in the P&J yesterday (I think) saying that the deal hadn't actually been completed yet.

Sounds like he's a bit different to Erwin, so hopfully we can get the best out of him.

5 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Tbf SK was in the P&J yesterday (I think) saying that the deal hadn't actually been completed yet.

Sounds like he's a bit different to Erwin, so hopfully we can get the best out of him.

From what I've been told/seen he's good at holding the ball up and roughing up centre halves, which IMO is something we lack. 

I still think Erwin wasn't played where he would be effective and what I thought would kickstart his career at County with that goal against Killie didn't do anything. He'll no doubt go on to have a great season at St. Mirren. Or do a Yoan Arquinn. Who knows.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

I still think Erwin wasn't played where he would be effective and what I thought would kickstart his career at County with that goal against Killie didn't do anything. He'll no doubt go on to have a great season at St. Mirren. Or do a Yoan Arquinn. Who knows.

He might turn good for st mirren but i'd be surprised.  He just seemed lazy when on the field, seemed quite happy to stand next to defenders and didn't offer for the ball enough. 

I'm quite happy that he's gone, Billy Mckay is (at least) twice the player that Erwin ever will be.

8 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Can someone please guide me as to what details is used for the username and password when logging into rcfctv as I am a season ticker holder but haven’t watched any games on this yet but planning it tomorrow 

For me it is

First name-Surname-Season ticket number

The season ticket number is on the bottom corner of your card, eight digit number.

Hope this helps.

45 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

He might turn good for st mirren but i'd be surprised.  He just seemed lazy when on the field, seemed quite happy to stand next to defenders and didn't offer for the ball enough. 

I'm quite happy that he's gone, Billy Mckay is (at least) twice the player that Erwin ever will be.

I think he looked frustrated more than lazy. Playing him out wide was daft as he didn't have the turn of pace that Ross Stewart does that makes him a handful when he cuts in. 

On 23/09/2020 at 17:10, Savage Henry said:

County have signed Michael O’Connor.  He had been on trial with Hibs.  I seem to recall he’s got an interesting history with Dublin’s finest.

Now confirmed on the official twitter. 

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/club-news-oconnor-joins-the-staggies/

We’re in trouble.

Everyone has bought the hype of the first 2 games when in reality we were lucky to beat Motherwell at home and Hamilton are, it seems, worse than us.

We struggle to score goals. Pretty much all of them coming from set pieces or second balls from set pieces. Stewart has looked poor for last 4 games and I think Iacovitti is the only summer signing that has looked okay so far. Doesn’t seem to be any style of play whatsoever because the team don’t press yet are always so open. Other results have gone out way for weeks but I’ll be very surprised if we’re not in the bottom 2 within the next month or so.

6 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We’re in trouble.

Everyone has bought the hype of the first 2 games when in reality we were lucky to beat Motherwell at home and Hamilton are, it seems, worse than us.

We struggle to score goals. Pretty much all of them coming from set pieces or second balls from set pieces. Stewart has looked poor for last 4 games and I think Iacovitti is the only summer signing that has looked okay so far. Doesn’t seem to be any style of play whatsoever because the team don’t press yet are always so open. Other results have gone out way for weeks but I’ll be very surprised if we’re not in the bottom 2 within the next month or so.

Today wasn’t ideal but we need to give it a bit more time , we have missed mckay and hopefully O’Connor will make a good impact , who knows whats going on with mullin though , would also like to see Charles cook starting as an advanced midfielder with one of the other 3 dropping out

6 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Today wasn’t ideal but we need to give it a bit more time , we have missed mckay and hopefully O’Connor will make a good impact , who knows whats going on with mullin though , would also like to see Charles cook starting as an advanced midfielder with one of the other 3 dropping out

I’d honestly like to hear the reasons why Charles-Cooke deserves a start, I’ve yet to see why he’s at the club, never mind why he deserves a start. Might just be me...