The General Ross County Chat Thread

14 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I wouldn't go near him tbh, clearly isn't bothered by football. 

We either need to get a proper out and out  striker who can finish or someone absolutely rapid to stretch defences. Dolly Menga as dopey as he can be at times could do a job for us. 

Genuinely can't think of anyone we could realistically sign at this point.

Good luck getting him to turn up, he disappeared to France during our pre-season. Last seen on a quad bike in Bordeaux - he's hopeless

15 hours ago, Comrie said:

If we're having to chase a game, I'd play Reid. He looks neat and tidy going forward. If we're going to be under the cosh, Tremarco is the better option despite his inability to run. Far better at reading the game.

We'll end up with Yoann Arquin returning.

Yoann Arquin was class when he could be bothered playing, never lost a single header! He loved a mid season holiday though.

On 14/09/2020 at 18:54, Aqy said:

Thought we played really well

On 15/09/2020 at 09:51, staggy1929 said:

I thought in the first half we were actually the better team

I mean, yes and no. I am normally the last to throw in the towel, I'll clutch at any straw going... On "balance of play" or whatever I'd say yeah, for most of the time it was a fairly competitive game. There's undoubtedly some quality and ability in our team - we look quite good at times. In fact it was the kind of performance where we should have ended up looking back on maybe a 2-3, a 'what could have been', or even taken something out of the game. But we're looking back on a 0-5. And not a "hard done by" 0-5, in my opinion. More like a "thoroughly deserved because of our complete lack of composure and discipline" 0-5.

For me, that is our problem this season and it's seriously concerning me at the moment - our lack of composure (at both ends) and discipline. Giving Celtic a completely unnecessary penalty in the 3rd minute? Vigur's assist? Our chance-conversion rate? Tremarco getting himself stupidly sent off in the previous game?

Forgive me, but I'm really feeling pretty doomy gloomy right now, in a weird way almost because of the positives, if that makes any sense at all! They are just frustrating me - they mean nothing at all if we keep producing stupid lapses within games.

Good performance + plenty of positives + lack of composure at both ends v Celtic = 0-5.

Good performance + plenty of positives + lack of composure at both ends v everyone else = narrower margins of defeat, with the occasional draw and very occasional win thrown in from time to time.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope we find that composure and just start getting some of the basics right, and that everything turns around. Right now, I'm just not feeling it.

Sorry. Feel free to give me a good talking to.  Equally, feel free to just give me a big warm hug ❤️

3 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

I mean, yes and no. I am normally the last to throw in the towel, I'll clutch at any straw going... On "balance of play" or whatever I'd say yeah, for most of the time it was a fairly competitive game. There's undoubtedly some quality and ability in our team - we look quite good at times. In fact it was the kind of performance where we should have ended up looking back on maybe a 2-3, a 'what could have been', or even taken something out of the game. But we're looking back on a 0-5. And not a "hard done by" 0-5, in my opinion. More like a "thoroughly deserved because of our complete lack of composure and discipline" 0-5.

For me, that is our problem this season and it's seriously concerning me at the moment - our lack of composure (at both ends) and discipline. Giving Celtic a completely unnecessary penalty in the 3rd minute? Vigur's assist? Our chance-conversion rate? Tremarco getting himself stupidly sent off in the previous game?

Forgive me, but I'm really feeling pretty doomy gloomy right now, in a weird way almost because of the positives, if that makes any sense at all! They are just frustrating me - they mean nothing at all if we keep producing stupid lapses within games.

Good performance + plenty of positives + lack of composure at both ends v Celtic = 0-5.

Good performance + plenty of positives + lack of composure at both ends v everyone else = narrower margins of defeat, with the occasional draw and very occasional win thrown in from time to time.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope we find that composure and just start getting some of the basics right, and that everything turns around. Right now, I'm just not feeling it.

Sorry. Feel free to give me a good talking to.  Equally, feel free to just give me a big warm hug ❤️

I feel very similarly to you, It's a long season so I'm hoping that we will push on as you say it's clear that there's talent in our squad. We need to take our chances and stop gifting goals, which I'd imagine every side around our level will say. There's not been many we've conceded this season that you could say 'fair enough nothing we could do' however I actually like our defence when we have the ball, not so much off it. I think introducing Morris or Watson instead of Donaldson could be a big help as we don't seem to have a leader at the back.

A striker or left back coming in would be nice though.

You probably already know this, but Coll Donaldson isn’t good enough in the Scottish Premiership. I know it was a banter signing from Roy, but still, probably not best to actually play him every week.

3 hours ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Agree with all this. If we can't produce something against St Johnstone, I'll have the major fear that the first few games were a Covid-induced fluke.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

You probably already know this, but Coll Donaldson isn’t good enough in the Scottish Premiership. I know it was a banter signing from Roy, but still, probably not best to actually play him every week.

He’s generally been excellent.  Tremendous signing.  Absolutely what we needed.  The inability of our manager to sign a competent right back, or a left back better than 123 year old Carl Tremarco can’t be held against Donaldson.

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

With Randall coming off injured could Josh Mullin be an option at right back?

About the only way he'll get a start right now. A way better option than Watson, who's done as a full back.

11 hours ago, Comrie said:

About the only way he'll get a start right now. A way better option than Watson, who's done as a full back.

Not quite sure what he’s done wrong. I can only assume that his instagram “signing” was in fact for another team, or Herbal Life.  

I’m presuming that Ross County will be selling the match against Aberdeen on Sunday to anyone on PPV? When do they usually put the info up on their website? Also someone needs to tell the club that the match is now on Sunday, as their official website still shows it as being on Saturday. Is this a ploy by County to claim the points when Aberdeen don’t turn up on the Saturday?