The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

I suspect some sour grapes here because he rejected a new deal with County. 

Nope.  None of that at all.  He’s okay.  But both club and player needed to move on.  His form had dropped massively, to the point that he shouldn’t have been playing.   Nice bloke, well spoken and a good captain in terms of what he offers off the pitch.  I hope he does well for you, but no great loss.

If he’s playing centre back then... oh my.

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

I suspect some sour grapes here because he rejected a new deal with County. 

Not really. Savage Henry is basically right that it was probably for the best for club & player that he left, even if the management apparently wanted him to stay. He'd regressed & I hope for him that a change of scene will help him kick on, certainly no ill will towards him. Players move on, it happens.

Right then everyone, less than a week to go until the start of the season and, bar Doohan coming in before Monday, our business looks as if it’s done. We’ve seen the majority of other clubs we’d expect to be around get their business done early too, so where do we think we’re going to finish this season?

4 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

How big is it financially for RC to stay in the Premiership?

From an outsider’s perspective it seems impressive a club from a smaller town has done what RC has the past decade-ish.

They're bankrolled by a millionaire who doesn't expect any of his money back, so I doubt it truly matters what division they're in financially.

He'd put in over £10m in the last 5 seasons, according to their accounts. "Impressive".

18 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Right then everyone, less than a week to go until the start of the season and, bar Doohan coming in before Monday, our business looks as if it’s done. We’ve seen the majority of other clubs we’d expect to be around get their business done early too, so where do we think we’re going to finish this season?

We're definently in a relegation struggle I think, gonna be a long season.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're bankrolled by a millionaire who doesn't expect any of his money back, so I doubt it truly matters what division they're in financially.

He'd put in over £10m in the last 5 seasons, according to their accounts. "Impressive".

#jealous

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

We're definently in a relegation struggle I think, gonna be a long season.

St Mirren have made some excellent signings.  They’ll be fine.  Us and Hamilton for 11th and 12th, I reckon.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

St Mirren have made some excellent signings.  They’ll be fine.  Us and Hamilton for 11th and 12th, I reckon.  

Defensively they've made solid signings for sure. Not sure that addresses their major issue from last season though which was scoring goals? They were pretty stingy at the back last season already.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Defensively they've made solid signings for sure. Not sure that addresses their major issue from last season though which was scoring goals? They were pretty stingy at the back last season already.

They also have a competent manager.  Not sure everyone else can say that.

22 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I'd like to see us 8th or 9th, then keep building for a crack at the top six in a couple of years.

EDIT: Realistically though, likely 10th with another battle to avoid the playoffs.

Edited by Aqy

Update from Kenny, answers a lot (if not all) of the outstanding questions.
https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/club-news-slo-update/

Q1. Information coming from the club recently has contained misinformation, one of the main queries resulting from this surrounds the streaming of away matches. Can you confirm that the Virtual Season Ticket only entitles supporters to view home games streamed by RCFCTV? 

A1. We can confirm that only home matches are included in the virtual element of the season ticket.

Q2. Supporters have raised queries regarding the pricing structure of the virtual season ticket - the cost of East and West stand compared to the Jail End was one of the main queries - could you explain the pricing structure?

A2. We wanted to try and freeze almost every season ticket price and are delighted to be able to say that on average we are the cheapest season ticket in the Scottish Premier League! The difference in cost from the West/East stand to the Jail End was due to us trying to ensure we had something to offer the wide range of budgets available to our supporters. A cost of Jail End season ticket is available on a first come first serve basis to all our supporters, but we do understand if supporters do not want to move from their preferred usual seats in the West and East stand. We appreciate that for the virtual season ticket part is the same no matter what season ticket you buy but you do have the peace of mind that when live football does return (whenever that may be!) you have the seat you want to watch your team at the Global Energy Stadium.

Q3. Will a half-season ticket be available, and will this only be available once supporters are allowed back into the stadium? 

A3. It is likely there will be a half season ticket available. Obviously given that entry to stadia will be dictated to us by the Government, we are unable to give any information as to when fans can return and, if half season tickets will be on sale before, during or after fans are allowed back to grounds. It is important to acknowledge and repeat the First Ministers advice that the more we suppress the virus the more allowances and steps we can take.

Q4. Supporters have asked if they would receive a refund for the four home games that weren’t played due to the pandemic and resulting close of football?

A4. Due to small numbers asking for this initially, the Club didn’t put a statement out and chose to deal with this on a 1 to 1 basis to make it more personal as every supporter had different individual circumstances. Options are available, and we are grateful to all the supporters who have donated the cost of last year’s games to the club. We continue to encourage supporters to open dialogue with us on this by contacting the shop during office hours on 01349 860 860.

Q5. For those supporters where circumstances may have changed and are unable to afford a virtual season ticket - is there a Pay-Per-View option available for RCFCTV?

A5. You will have seen our earlier feature on PPV which is on our club website. Our RCFCTV coverage is something that we have placed a lot of effort into and have tried to create something unique which we hope adds to the value of watching the coverage. PPV will be available for home games, which are not being covered live by Sky, however when we are away we believe some clubs may not offer PPV.

Q6. The virtual season ticket only allows the streaming of home games - are away games available via Pay-Per-View and how would supporters pay for these i.e. do they contact the away club in question to pay for the game?

A6. Again, information on this is available on our club website with the announcement on PPV. For our away games, if the home club is offering PPV you will pay and access the stream via their TV site.

Q7. Do the club have any indication of when supporters will be allowed back into the stadium?

A7. At this point we have no indication of when supporters will be allowed back in to stadia. Obviously, Jason Leitch and the Scottish Government have intimated out trial events and looking at October as a potential start point but nothing has been rubber stamped yet. It is our belief that around 25% of our capacity will be allowed access, which would effectively be all our season ticket holders, however again this is not confirmed and is merely guess work now.

Q8. Are the club considering a Virtual Season ticket going forward for all future seasons i.e. keeping RCFCTV operating going forward - this could be a way to generate additional revenue for the club for supporters who are unable to attend all games?

A8. We want to bed in RCFCTV for the long term and look at how we can build and develop upon it. At this point in time we are thankful to Sky and the SPFL for allowing us to bring matches to our supporters via this medium this season. As we go forward, it will be directed to us by the SPFL as to how we can use RCFCTV to cover matches and whether we will be able to continue to screen them live beyond this season.

Q9. Members of the Staggies Army initiative were informed that they would receive a membership gift - can you provide an update on this for supporters who have joined the initiative?

A9. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns in various places this has taken much longer to proceed with than expected. The Staggies Army shirt, being designed by Macron, will be available in November/December as we want to ensure we get as many names as possible on this piece of history for our club. The Introductory gift is in the process of being created and we hope to bring this to you in the next 6-8 weeks, again dependant on no delays. We will endeavour to keep our supporters as up to date as we can on this.

Q10. Can the club advise if RCFCTV / Stream Digital are able to stream their content overseas?

A10. All Scottish Premiership games, home and away are available to view on our live streaming platform to fans based abroad. Further details will be released in due course regarding this.

Edited by Aqy

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wow. 
Who is their money guy?

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I got my login details and tried to login, but my login doesn’t work. I followed the instructions to the tee and it says “invalid credentials”. Just checking if anyone else has tried yet?

I'm the same. I'm going to try again tomorrow between 5 and 9pm and see what happens.

I got my login details in the post for some reason, despite giving them an email address when I bought the season ticket