The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Cheers for posting that, i thought County looked okay in that. No one wants to lose 2-0 but as a final pre-season friendly away to celtic that's okay. 

The 0 was hardly surprising, but restricting them to 2 is pretty assuring.

I see RC fans were a mixed bag about Fraser leaving. Acknowledging it was time for him to move on but funnily enough also saying he'd do good a job at RB (but not at CB) for a team like us.

Thoughts?

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I see RC fans were a mixed bag about Fraser leaving. Acknowledging it was time for him to move on but funnily enough also saying he'd do good a job at RB (but not at CB) for a team like us.

Thoughts?

Overrated and not good enough at this level for the past few years...

41 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Overrated and not good enough at this level for the past few years...

Doesn't say much for your managers then , who picked him almost 200 times in 5 seasons ?

7 hours ago, billyg said:

Doesn't say much for your managers then , who picked him almost 200 times in 5 seasons ?

And in that time we were relegated and on course to be in the bottom 2 last season before it was called. 

Not saying he was bad... he was pish. 

He might come good if he’s got the right support on and off the pitch. Personally I think part of the problem was that the co-managers placed too much responsibility on him and over estimated his input. There’s no sour grapes, more like relief, anyone I know has been calling for him to b3 dropped for the last two seasons. Puts in the effort and I wish him well.

On 07/06/2020 at 15:45, FTOF said:

If Fraser is easily bullied off the ball, I doubt that Goodwin will be signing him.*

He likes good "old fashioned" CH's that take no prisoners.

*Expect Fraser to sign for us in the near future.:rolleyes:

In my defence, I thought that he was primarily a CH.:rolleyes:

However, looks like he needs a kick start at another club to try an regain his best form.

He might sign for us he might not.

The only reason that I'd be really bothered if he didn't sign for us, is because it would mean us starting the season with a makeshift full back.

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

I suspect some sour grapes here because he rejected a new deal with County. 

A lot of our fans were crying for him to be dropped so we could have Kelly and Foster as our full backs last season, but he was basically undroppable.

St.Mirren are getting a player thats alright.  Will do well for you but will also have games where he doesn't.    Liked some last minute goals.

Wasn't the best right back at the club last season but got the most games.  Usually dependable. 

We offered him what he was worth and turned that down.  Good luck to him, but seeing him in an opposing side wouldn't strike me with very much fear.

The ultimate beige signing.  It will do.

As the years went on his confidence just looked more and more shot. Added by the fact he was a captain even though there was zero leadership capabilities in him. I see you’ve signed Richard Tait - from what I saw of him for Well I highly doubt Fraser will start at RB in front of him. If he starts at CB then lol good luck.

Ultimately he was a decent servant; always gave 100% but unfortunately just wasn’t really good enough. Thought he would drop down to the Championship to a Dunfermline or even a Dundee.

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

As the years went on his confidence just looked more and more shot. Added by the fact he was a captain even though there was zero leadership capabilities in him. I see you’ve signed Richard Tait - from what I saw of him for Well I highly doubt Fraser will start at RB in front of him. If he starts at CB then lol good luck.

Ultimately he was a decent servant; always gave 100% but unfortunately just wasn’t really good enough. Thought he would drop down to the Championship to a Dunfermline or even a Dundee.

We don't have a LB, so I think Tait is our de facto LB - apparently played his best football for 'Well in that position despite being right footed. It'll be Fraser at RB. 

Marcus Fraser looked brilliant when he first signed and had all the attributes of a 'future captain' then his form seemed to regress every year, was made captain which actually made it worse for the club because he was more or less guaranteed a start from then on. not quick or smart enough going forward to be a great full back and too weak and small to be a centre half. If St Mirren can somehow get him playing like he did when he first joined you've got a good player but he looked finished at this level.