The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Tremarco will be better than some expect imo, he'll be a sold team player and will deliver a good cross from the left side. I don't think anyone expects lung bursting Andy Robertson runs but he'll shore up our left side that made us look so exposed at times last season. 

Tremarco is still fit enough to get up and down the left side for a fair chunk of a game but he doesn't have the burst of pace to create any separation between himself and an opponent to get a cross in. There's a reason why he only has something like 2 assists for us in the last year despite playing most of the games. He'll be decent enough defensively for you guys.

Wankers.

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Interesting you should say that.

These were a couple of the reasons that I wasn't that bothered when he left us for you

I didn't think that he was anywhere near ready for the top league and I think that the time he spent with you in the Championship benefited him more than staying with us.

It's certainly one that I'm big enough to admit that I got wrong and that I wish we still had him, as he's done a great job for you.

He has improved with game time and as with all younger strikers the more he plays the more he'll continue to improve. I just feel that McKay and Erwin (when in the mood) have that physicality to really harass even experienced defenders. It's the chacing lost causes and getting on with it after been kicked several times that comes with the job for a Scottish striker. 

He wouldn't be my first choice no9 just yet but we certainly have good options up top. 

Edited by frankthetank22

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

He has improved with game time and as with all younger strikers the more he plays the more he'll continue to improve. I just feel that McKay and Erwin (when in the mood) have that physicality to really harass even experienced defenders. It's the chacing lost causes and getting on with it after been kicked several times that comes with the job for a Scottish striker. 

He wouldn't be my first choice no9 just yet but we certainly have good options up top. 

I have absolutely no idea why they signed both Erwin and Shaw.  Clearly Shaw was signed because Erwin didn’t look like scoring, but even then, I don’t quite see what Erwin brings.

10 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

https://tv.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/

Clearly not for public consumption yet - the thumbnail attached to the site has an Aberdeen logo on it. The £60 package for a delayed stream is what Aberdeen and most top-flight clubs have offered for years.

The page is looking a bit more professional now than it was this morning. Hopefully that's a sign the club are going to start emailing us with info about how to access it. The Aberdeen badge is still there though.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I have absolutely no idea why they signed both Erwin and Shaw.  Clearly Shaw was signed because Erwin didn’t look like scoring, but even then, I don’t quite see what Erwin brings.

I spoke to a Hibs supporting friend of mine when we signed him, and although he said he was a forward by trade he could play out wide if he had to. I was pretty sure that's where he was going to fit in, and was quite optimistic about getting a player with a bit of pace about him. Yet to see, well, anything really.

Still hopeful but.

The hope is that Erwin and Shaw will see the benefit of a full preseason. Erwin looked pretty decent in spells at Motherwell, so I've hopes he can rediscover that form. 

Shaw I think will be used if we're playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1 as a striker out wide, similar to what Ross Stewart ended up doing. I don't like it, but I think that's what will happen.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The hope is that Erwin and Shaw will see the benefit of a full preseason. Erwin looked pretty decent in spells at Motherwell, so I've hopes he can rediscover that form. 

Shaw I think will be used if we're playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1 as a striker out wide, similar to what Ross Stewart ended up doing. I don't like it, but I think that's what will happen.

The frustrating part about Shaw is that we paid a substantial (for us) fee for him. He's taken up the Dec McManus role that he had in the championship with us. If we're paying good money you'd expect him to be more than a squad player, I hope he kicks on this year and proves he's worth the coin.

Random, but what was Brent Sancho like in his 2 appearances for you? I noticed that he formed a football club in Trinidad, have won the top flight 3 times and then he left to become the country's minister of sport, then the Trinidadian version of Neil Doncaster and is now the Chairman of the Professional youth set-up.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Random, but what was Brent Sancho like in his 2 appearances for you? I noticed that he formed a football club in Trinidad, have won the top flight 3 times and then he left to become the country's minister of sport, then the Trinidadian version of Neil Doncaster and is now the Chairman of the Professional youth set-up.

He was shite.  But we’ve had far worse.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pish.

Celebrated when we won the league like he'd played a major part in it as well, the fanny.

Our line up for the match against Livi today is 

Laidlaw, Williamson, Tremarco, Fontaine, Watson, Tillson, Kelly, Mullin, Gardyne, McKay and Stewart. 

Anyone know anything about who Ben Williamson is, wearing no. 2 today? 

Game finished 2-2, Stewart and Fontaine scored, McKay with both assists. 

Another friendly tomorrow (Sunday) , against celtic. 

Edited by frankthetank22

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Almost certainly so, but I haven’t seen so it could be anyone.

I'd like it if it was someone else and they were awfy good.  

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd like it if it was someone else and they were awfy good.  

It’s Ross Doohan. Just been announced on Celtic TV. Young Ross the keeper is with the squad too, would like to see him play as he’s got good potential

8 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

It’s Ross Doohan. Just been announced on Celtic TV. Young Ross the keeper is with the squad too, would like to see him play as he’s got good potential

Just noticed that all 4 of our keepers have the name Ross. Doohan is just keeping the gimmick up I guess 😂