The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Oh go on then

laidlaw

Randall Donaldson Morris tremarco 

charles-cook draper vigurs Paton mullin

stewart

with the likes of mckay, kelly , gardyne, Watson, lacovitti and tillson all still having very prominent roles

My knowledge isn’t nearly enough to guess. 
If Tremarco is starting at age 34, is that a bad sign?

Oh go on then
laidlaw
stewart
with the likes of mckay, kelly , gardyne, Watson, lacovitti and tillson all still having very prominent roles

Laidlaw

Donaldson Morris Watson
Kelly Draper
Vigurs
Mullin RCC Midge
Stewart

I think that’d be our strongest 11 but we’d probably not play that against ‘top 6 sides’.

Might be in the unpopular opinion bracket but from what I’ve seen I think Watson is a better defender than Morris. We’ve got a really good attack and useful that RCC can and has played as a 10 before, think it’d be good to keep midge and Mullin our wide. Do still fear for left back though, unsure of Lacovitti as his reviews weren’t great and he’s played a lot at CB. Tramarco surely getting an academy gig as he’s a big downgrade on foster. Wonder if Grivo will be given a shot out there again? He did look quality in recent performances albeit at CB

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Oh go on then

laidlaw

stewart

If Tremarco is our first choice left back we're horribly exposed to pace down that side.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

If Tremarco is our first choice left back we're horribly exposed to pace down that side.

Delete Tremarco for Iacovitti and you still have a point.  The lack of quality there is a borderline scandal.  

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I suspect they haven’t the foggiest, and that Staggies Army is going to live long in the memory as the club stealing from the fans, just as the “celebratory” away kit they promised but never made.

Re the Staggies Army, they've emailed out asking what name members want to appear on the new shirt, so that's progress at least. As for how we watch RCFCTV, the issues Motherwell had last night would suggest it would be a good idea to allow a test event.

13 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

The club is suggesting that they’re working on a PPV option on FB too I see. I didn’t think this would be an option 🤷‍♂️ 

I think PPV has always been on the cards but they've been reluctant to talk about it because they want to maximise season ticket sales first. I've seen suggestions that they want to avoid season ticket holders losing out on pricing - which would suggest you're looking at £15-£20 per game, but we'll see. It's why I've been holding off renewing my season ticket. Based on the rest of this saga, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it announced as £10 per game and ending up with a lot of irate season ticket holders who're paying over the odds!

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I seen Motherwell fans tweeting last night saying that Stream Digital works on the PS4 and XBox One web browsers, so could be an option for folk without a smart TV/ Fire Stck etc.

That's superb, Means I can aggressively shout at Liam Fontaine from the comfort of my bedroom. 

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

That's superb, Means I can aggressively shout at Liam Fontaine from the comfort of my bedroom. 

And switch over to FIFA when they’re 5-0 down to Celtic at half time.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Delete Tremarco for Iacovitti and you still have a point.  The lack of quality there is a borderline scandal.  

You're pretty pessimistic lately Savage, what's up? 

I'm not sure how Randall and Iacovitti will fair but our full backs were honking last season so they've hardly got a hard act to follow.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (until i see them shirk a 30/70 tackle lol). 

Tremarco will be better than some expect imo, he'll be a sold team player and will deliver a good cross from the left side. I don't think anyone expects lung bursting Andy Robertson runs but he'll shore up our left side that made us look so exposed at times last season. 

Do we go with a front two this season, i mean with McKay, Erwin, Stewart and Shaw it's tempting? 

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'm not sure how Randall and Iacovitti will fair but our full backs were honking last season so they've hardly got a hard act to follow.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (until i see them shirk a 30/70 tackle lol). 

Tremarco will be better than some expect imo, he'll be a sold team player and will deliver a good cross from the left side. I don't think anyone expects lung bursting Andy Robertson runs but he'll shore up our left side that made us look so exposed at times last season. 

Do we go with a front two this season, i mean with McKay, Erwin, Stewart and Shaw it's tempting? 

It's tough to look past a Mckay and Stewart front two, they both deserve a place in the side after how they played last year.

I think we could get a lot of joy playing with a 10 this year and having Stewart causing problems up front on his own.

8 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

True!  It’s lockdown.  And our media person having a complete nightmare. Or that’s what I’m sticking to.  You are right, if Randall is even semi-competent, he’ll be an upgrade.  

I’m just a bit fed up with signing dogs-of-war players who provide depth.  Other than Charles-Cook, who could be a great source of entertainment, none of the players you would say are difference makers.  They’re all complimentary pieces at best.  Col Donaldson was an upgrade too, right enough.

Going from last season without a recognised winger, to this season without a recognisable quality left back, makes me doubt Kettlewell a bit.  

59 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'm concerned solely at how deep we'll need to sit if Termarco plays. He's as slow as Tokely was when he signed which means any team with nippy wingers will absolutely bury him. Luckily there's not that many in the league.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

It's tough to look past a Mckay and Stewart front two, they both deserve a place in the side after how they played last year.

I think we could get a lot of joy playing with a 10 this year and having Stewart causing problems up front on his own.

I always felt the one part that Stewart was needing to improve on is the leading the line role, he scored and did well last couple of seasons but he needs a bit more strength and better close control. I think that's why we played him coming off the wing (to great success) last season. McKay and Erwin are far more of a handful than Stewart but Stewart is still learning and developing so I'd rule nothing out. 

8 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I always felt the one part that Stewart was needing to improve on is the leading the line role, he scored and did well last couple of seasons but he needs a bit more strength and better close control. I think that's why we played him coming off the wing (to great success) last season. McKay and Erwin are far more of a handful than Stewart but Stewart is still learning and developing so I'd rule nothing out. 

Stewart I would say has more to his game than the other forwards, He has a yard of pace, good in the air and is actually a decent passer of the ball, I think having RCC or Kelly playing behind him could get him more goals than last season, although having him wide and still having a 10 behind Mckay could actually get us plenty of goals.

5f19764c06105.jpg

Something like this could be an okay side with the obvious weaknesses at Left Back and GK

Edited by staggy1929

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

Interesting you should say that.

These were a couple of the reasons that I wasn't that bothered when he left us for you

I didn't think that he was anywhere near ready for the top league and I think that the time he spent with you in the Championship benefited him more than staying with us.

It's certainly one that I'm big enough to admit that I got wrong and that I wish we still had him, as he's done a great job for you.

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Interesting you should say that.

These were a couple of the reasons that I wasn't that bothered when he left us for you

I didn't think that he was anywhere near ready for the top league and I think that the time he spent with you in the Championship benefited him more than staying with us.

It's certainly one that I'm big enough to admit that I got wrong and that I wish we still had him, as he's done a great job for you.

Yeah.  He’s been one that has been better than advertised.  I’d be amazed if he’s still with us in a year - a player who very obviously works hard at what he’s told to by his coaches, and he’ll deserve his move.  He’s a demonstrably better player now than when he signed.  And a nice bloke too, by all accounts.  

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  He’s been one that has been better than advertised.  I’d be amazed if he’s still with us in a year - a player who very obviously works hard at what he’s told to by his coaches, and he’ll deserve his move.  He’s a demonstrably better player now than when he signed.  And a nice bloke too, by all accounts.  

You can than that useless c**t Stubbs for your good fortune.

I'd have been happy to keep Stewart. However, I thought we'd bring in better. Oh how wrong I was on that count.<_<