The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 03/07/2020 at 14:15, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tremarco would be another Tokeley or Russell Duncan. A nice signing for a bit of banter, but quickly shown to be out of their depth playing for a bigger club.

Tokely was a fun one because I think it managed to simultaneously upset both fanbases when it was announced. But in fairness I thought he turned out to not be a terrible addition. Nowt amazing but I'd say he exceeded expectations.

Edited by forkboy

Tokely was a fun one because I think it managed to simultaneously upset both fanbases when it was announced. But in fairness I thought he turned out to not be a terrible addition. Nowt amazing but I'd say he exceeded expectations.
Yep. I think most people only remember his attempted OG against ICT [emoji38]

We needed some tough old gits in the team for the start of our first SPL season to get some points on board. That gave Adams enough of a cushion to sign all the attacking players in the winter window.

38 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Whats Kovacevic doing these days?

At some Hungarian club I can't even spell, let alone pronounce.

What’s happened to Naismith? Is he still not getting a game at Peterborough or would he fancy a loan again? I think we are in a good position to compete with the likes of Hibs wage wise at the moment of a loan was an option...

5 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

As back Up and a cheap option I cannot see the issue....

As hes garbage.  Yes a good solid pro at championship level but if Fraser can be badly exposed at times at right back, what's going to happen to Tremarco?

Apart from that one time he was tried at centre back and was all over the place (vs Raith in the cup?) I liked Kovacevic, probably my second favourite right back from the top flight, behind Naismith and just ahead of Cikos.

20 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Yep. I think most people only remember his attempted OG against ICT emoji38.png

The other iconic Tokely moment was away to Aberdeen in our second game of the season. Ryan Fraser was bombing down the wing and you could almost see the cogs turning in Tokely's head, realising he'd never be able to catch him so "BOOM", he took him out. A cold, calculated yellow card. Magnificent.

What’s happened to Naismith? Is he still not getting a game at Peterborough or would he fancy a loan again? I think we are in a good position to compete with the likes of Hibs wage wise at the moment of a loan was an option...

As great as it would be, I’d think that the way we treated his best mate Sean Kelly, he’d tell us to fuk rite off, if we came sniffing for a loan

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Declan McManus has signed for Dunfermline.  Seems to have found his level.

I'd heard it said that he had bought a house in Nairn so half expected him to rock up with the tinks. 

I think he'll do well in the Championship, best of luck to him. 

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd heard it said that he had bought a house in Nairn so half expected him to rock up with the tinks. 

I think he'll do well in the Championship, best of luck to him. 

Yup.  He’s a Gary Glenn type player: a decent Championship player but not really good enough for the step up.  As I said, he’s found his level. 

There was a very encouraging statement regarding season ticket sales released yesterday, below is a cut'n paste. 

Club UpdateSeason Tickets

club.png?width=900

We currently stand ahead of where we were at the same point last year, when we were returning to the Premiership, in regard to season tickets already sold for the upcoming campaign. Given the current climate and the short period that tickets have been on sale, it’s an unbelievable commitment from our incredible supporters. We have tried to match this commitment by offering, on average, the cheapest Season Ticket in the Premiership.

Like all clubs, we have been adversely hit by COVID-19 in many of the areas that aren’t always clear to see from the outside, the important part is that we have managed to adapt very quickly and having the support from our fans in season ticket sales has really built a positive vibe as we head towards the 3rd August start date. 

We are very fortunate to have our partnership with Orchard Finance who provide payment plans for supporters purchasing Season Tickets, which given the circumstances has been popular. As a club, we have been trying to remind people about this option as it’s a great outlet to still guarantee your season ticket.

It has been really encouraging to hear some of the feedback from our supporters on the Virtual aspect of the season ticket. We know this isn’t exactly football in stadiums, but it gives us a great pathway to begin that process of bringing live football back to our fans. As this is something completely new to us, we are taking our time in setting it up and making sure we can give you the best possible viewing. We will also be producing a guide as to how to get the games on your devices when the site is up and running. It’s important to note we will be working with the broadcast partners for the images which will ensure the quality will be very high- as well as looking at some exciting elements to add to the programming.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the team working incredibly hard behind the scenes. Firstly, to Lorraine Christie, Minique Dearden and Eilidh MacKintosh, who have handled a very high volume of enquiries as well as co-ordinating the season tickets. Also, to our Operations Manager and COVID-19 Officer David O’Connor, who has put in place all of our policies and procedures in allowing the shop to re-open safely during this time.

As we have previously said, we understand the different situations that each and every one of us face at the moment, and we encourage our fans to contact us to discuss season ticket options and how best we can help you secure your part of our next chapter.

Steven Ferguson 

Chief Executive Officer

To have outsold last year, where we were moving up after a Championship winning season is great news. Well done to all those willing/able to financially back the team in these uncertain times 👍