The General Ross County Chat Thread

I would have thought that until there are no restrictions on fans attending matches the 3PM ban won't be reinstated, but once those restrictions are lifted it would be back in place. 

What would then happen is the matches would still be available just delayed as other clubs have done in the past. 

It's been an interesting close-season so far. Very much a mixed bag. A few key points stand out:

• 19/20 season ticket refunds: I don't imagine many people would have taken them up on the offer, but no consideration for those who have paid for a product they didn't get seems like a mis-step.
  • Furlough: The decision not to temporarily extend the contracts of out-of-contract players is one I personally disagree with. Roy appears to have had advice stating it would be dishonest, but according to PFA Scotland, two thirds of clubs evidently disagreed. Worth remembering the next time we claim to be "more than a football club".
  • COVID-19 response: It was really good to see the club stealing a march on this along with Celtic by getting in the testing kit early. Being organised on that side of things makes us look good, but more importantly, helps give the team the best opportunity to start the new season prepared.
  • New signings: I have mixed feelings on the signings so far, but given the likely fixture congestion we'll face next season and risk of losing players to self-isolation, depth (if not necessarily strength in depth) will be hugely important.
  • Staggies Army: I was happy to contribute my £10 a month when it launched, recognising it as nothing more than an opportunity to inject funds in to the club while other avenues have dried up. It's not compulsory, and if you're worried about spending too much money on the club, simply cancel your direct debit.
  • 20/21 season tickets: Oh, boy. Where to start with this? Releasing season tickets at the same price as last season is a legitimate position, but that initial statement was all wrong. It's all about how you pitch these things, and the failure to anticipate the raft of unanswered follow-up questions was extremely poor. Since then they have released not just one, but two letters clearly stating that streaming for both home and away matches will be included as part of the season ticket package. They've confirmed that's not the case via email to people who have queried it in between the two letters, but there's been no proactive communication to people who might just have taken the letters at face value.
  • Streaming: More generally, there's a lot of conflicting information about how streaming will work next season. Iain Blair from the SPFL was on the radio at the weekend saying it'll be available as long as restrictions on attendance continue, and that home games selected by Sky will not be streamed by clubs. Some clubs have talked about all home games being available, as long as restrictions continue. County have confirmed via email to me it is all home games, for all the season regardless of restrictions on attendance. My big fear would be shelling out for a season ticket on the expectation I'll be able to stream every home game, but then - as unlikely as this may be - we get back to normal attendances in the new year and the streaming service stops. I live in Edinburgh, and in the circumstances, I'm unlikely to make any home games even if fans are allowed back in. We also don't have any information on how much PPV games will cost. There's too much uncertainty for me, so I'll be holding off making any commitments until things are clearer.

Just as I said, Kettlewell has confirmed we are still in the market for a LB and a keeper. Celtic keeper Doohan coming in on loan, apparently as soon as they get another keeper in

I like the look of the business RC have done already in this window. Iacovitti and Charles-Cook in particular are two that could turn out as cracking deals.

Pleasantly surprised at how good a window it’s been, can’t remember the last time we addressed every area of the pitch we needed to in one window. Charles-cook I have to agree and would say Kelly too but lacovitti I’m unsure about going by what others have said. 19th in league 2 isn’t the best but you never know maybe he’ll settle better here and the gaffer will coach the best out of him. Here’s hoping

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Stephen hendrie 

I'd be delighted if this were to happen, but does sound a bit unlikely, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

Signing Doohan would be a coup, I'd take it Munro will be going back out on loan to get games if this happens. 

27 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I’d take tremarco from caley as lb competition as he’d be a cheap option , I’d not necessarily have him as a starter though

I know their fans rated him and he's meant to have just had a good season but an aging full back taking a step up to the top division is a bit of an ask. 

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

I’d take tremarco from caley as lb competition as he’d be a cheap option , I’d not necessarily have him as a starter though

Tremarco getting absolutely done for Mullin for the second goal in the 2-2 draw in Dingwall is why I wouldn't take Tremarco now. A guy who always gives his all, but he's well on the wane now.

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be delighted if this were to happen, but does sound a bit unlikely, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

Signing Doohan would be a coup, I'd take it Munro will be going back out on loan to get games if this happens. 

I’d try not get too excited if it is Hendrie if I were you. 

Dyer slaughtered him at our AGM last year and basically said he was miles off the standard required for a top flight player which would explain why he never played ahead of one of the shittest left backs I’ve ever seen last season.