The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

Remember we said that about a load of Dutch guys and look how that one ended...

But yes agree some good signings on paper can't wait to see them in action.

The Dutch boys seemed a bit of hit and hope, we've signed players who seem like they know what the Scottish game is going to be about.

Still lacking cover in the lb position, wide midfielder/winger and a goalkeeper to compete for the No.1 shirt, IMO. Other than that the squad seems to be shaping up nicely on paper. 

4 minutes ago, tintax said:

Still lacking cover in the lb position, wide midfielder/winger and a goalkeeper to compete for the No.1 shirt, IMO. Other than that the squad seems to be shaping up nicely on paper. 

For left back right now we have Iacovitti and Reid. I suppose last resort we could have Grivosti or Chalmers fill in there.

Is the guy we just signed not a winger? I have a feeling our business is done for this window unless people are on the way out.

What a signing Regan Charles-Cook is! I’ve been quite critical of the inner workings of the club the last few weeks, but this is an incredible signing at this level. I watch a lot of English football, and he has been a standout in League 1 and 2 for a few years now, and has become a real fan favourite at Gillingham who are a decent solid side. A tricky athletic winger with a good turn of pace, he has been a consistent performer at that level and has contributed ample goals and assists each season. 

The only negative of his play is his relatively lightweight frame makes it quite hard for him to defend against stronger wingers, so may require backup from the fullbacks. Hopefully he can work on this over the summer. An absolute class player and one I can’t wait to see in a County shirt.

Wish we had kept Ricky now, one of our most consistent players over the years. Squad is shaping up nicely and think it’d be even stronger had we kept foster.

Charles cook seems like a good signing and Gills fans seem disappointed he’s gone which is usually a good sign. I have a feeling that both him and Kelly will limit Patons game time though, hopefully not!

2 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Wish we had kept Ricky now, one of our most consistent players over the years. Squad is shaping up nicely and think it’d be even stronger had we kept foster.

Charles cook seems like a good signing and Gills fans seem disappointed he’s gone which is usually a good sign. I have a feeling that both him and Kelly will limit Patons game time though, hopefully not!

Hopefully not, but Charles-Cook really is best used as an outright winger, which if anything should limit either Midge or Josh’s game time. I think Paton has been one of our most consistent performers, so surely won’t be moved from the starting lineup apart from injury, suspension etc?

26 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

What a signing Regan Charles-Cook is! I’ve been quite critical of the inner workings of the club the last few weeks, but this is an incredible signing at this level. I watch a lot of English football, and he has been a standout in League 1 and 2 for a few years now, and has become a real fan favourite at Gillingham who are a decent solid side. A tricky athletic winger with a good turn of pace, he has been a consistent performer at that level and has contributed ample goals and assists each season. 

The only negative of his play is his relatively lightweight frame makes it quite hard for him to defend against stronger wingers, so may require backup from the fullbacks. Hopefully he can work on this over the summer. An absolute class player and one I can’t wait to see in a County shirt.

He only played 20 games last season for a minging Gillingham team so he is hardly an incredible signing. Certainly not what you'd call a stand out. He struggled to get in the team most weeks!

13 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

Hopefully not, but Charles-Cook really is best used as an outright winger, which if anything should limit either Midge or Josh’s game time. I think Paton has been one of our most consistent performers, so surely won’t be moved from the starting lineup apart from injury, suspension etc?

Surely it's a matter of who starts with Paton in the middle, Vigurs, Draper or Tillson. 

Competition out wide is exactly what the squad needs, Stewart, McKay, Shaw and Spittal have all done shifts out wide and still could if tactics suit but we only have only has Gardyne and Mullin for two seasons now. 

Mullin has been extremely lucky with injuries and Midge has had to take his time with his last sore one. 

50 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

He only played 20 games last season for a minging Gillingham team so he is hardly an incredible signing. Certainly not what you'd call a stand out. He struggled to get in the team most weeks!

Can only comment on what I have seen of him myself. And I saw that he was a very good player who perhaps should have been given more of an opportunity. Hence why he came to County 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought Tillson looked very good from what I seen of him last season, the competition in midfield is definitely a good headache to have. I can’t see too much more business been done from us now unless someone leave.

As far as the RCC signing goes, I haven’t seen a bad thing said about him and Gills fans I’ve asked all rate him highly and thought he deserved more game time than he got. Time will tell but I dare say we’re in a good position. Just hope we can keep hold of Ross Stewart

6 hours ago, dumpweed said:

The main reason being Steve Evans had a bee in his bonet about him. A consistent theme through Evans career. 

The lad was wanted by Charlton, but I suppose with the uncertainty on their league position, he's taken the chance of moving North.

A very decent pick up for County. 

16 hours ago, Comrie said:

Renwed my ticket today, wait and see how much football I get to see in person, I guess.

With regards to season tickets, Kenny our SLO posted this on OTB, i thought that it's worth sharing with as many fans as possible. 

The word is that the club are hoping to get supporters back into the stadium sooner than was first thought - the streaming service will continue for the whole season regardless as it's a contract with an external media company.

This season I suppose you could look at it that you are getting more for your season ticket money in that you will have potentially live football access to the stadium as well as live streaming of all home games. So for any supporters who tend to purchase a season ticket can't attend every game they don't need to miss any match this season.

28 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

With regards to season tickets, Kenny our SLO posted this on OTB, i thought that it's worth sharing with as many fans as possible. 

The word is that the club are hoping to get supporters back into the stadium sooner than was first thought - the streaming service will continue for the whole season regardless as it's a contract with an external media company.

This season I suppose you could look at it that you are getting more for your season ticket money in that you will have potentially live football access to the stadium as well as live streaming of all home games. So for any supporters who tend to purchase a season ticket can't attend every game they don't need to miss any match this season.

Kenny is a good guy, but there's no way he or anyone at the club can possibly know this.

In other news though, Regan Charles-Cook seems like a very well-spoken lad.  I'm very underwhelmed by the first three signings, but this guy could be a real gem.  I like how he describes his role as beating his man, getting in behind and working hard for the team.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kenny is a good guy, but there's no way he or anyone at the club can possibly know this.

The latest from Professor Leitch says there will be tests in some stadia in August/September, but little chance of crowds then. Possibly a bit later but will be reduced capacity when it starts. I’m not counting on it before Christmas.

If government put the 3pm Saturday blackout back in place, then that will immediately prevent any club broadcasting those matches in the UK.

I imagine lower league clubs in Scotland and England will be lobbying hard for the 3pm rule to be reinstated asap , however I'm sure Sky, BT etc will be very keen to keep showing live 3pm games for as long as they can.

With the current situation I can't see the 3PM blanket going back down. 

What other excuse will I have to sit in my home and get drunk shouting at teams from the central belt?