The General Ross County Chat Thread

Would you have a big team?

Be pretty ‘staunch’ of me to make this account 4 years ago with the name RossCountyfan14 for the chance that county might sign a loan player from rangers which I could give praise to [emoji23]

I do think the boy will be good for us even though we are well covered in midfield but our defence does need some improvement and I haven’t a scooby who we’d even be looking at. Hopefully Donaldson can continue how he started and Grivo gets the opportunity

7 hours ago, central staggie said:

Hope this doesn't bump Paton out of the picture. SKSF persisted on playing Vigurs last year regardless of form so assuming he's a starter and Draper is match fit again, doesn't leave much space.

FULL. BACK. PLEASE.

I had forgotten that Spence had gone.  This guy is the new Spence, who was the old Henderson, the benchwarmer and fill in guy once Vigurs, Draper and the other bloke who hardly plays and who will clearly get the mutual agreement treatment,  have had their shot, but ahead of Paton for no apparent reason.    Two out, one in but still a log-jam.  Bewildering and superfluous signing.

As someone else said, it's looking very likely this is a 3-5-2 team now, which *might* excuse the lack of full backs, but doesn't excuse the chronic lack of width.  

To me, they still need: a first choice keeper and three  "wing-backs" of any description.  I really like St Mirren's signings - both of those players, Tait and Alnwick, should have been on County's radar. 

Edited by Savage Henry

I was hoping that County releasing a load of players to save money on their wages then getting Kelly on loan might have prompted a Twitter rant from Amy MacDonald but no such luck.

Edited by RiG

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

Hope this doesn't bump Paton out of the picture. SKSF persisted on playing Vigurs last year regardless of form so assuming he's a starter and Draper is match fit again, doesn't leave much space.

FULL. BACK. PLEASE.

I think Draper might be moving back to be the centre of a back three, Donaldson and Grivosti either side. 

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was hoping that County releasing a load of players to save money on their wages then getting Kelly on loan might have prompted a Twitter rant from Amy MacDonald but no such luck.

She loves the County.  Probably because the fans are nice to her husband.  

12 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I think Draper might be moving back to be the centre of a back three, Donaldson and Grivosti either side. 

I’d be okay with that.  I prefer him as the holding midfielder, but that’s a pretty high quality back three.  

Draper attempting to pass from midfield is more often than not a lottery, but he's certainly got the size and grit to work in the defence. Just not with Fontaine.

Happy with the Randall signing. Was impressed with him at Liverpool as he seemed like a player who is comfortable on the ball and had a very good work rate. Never really hit the same standard at Hearts but you can’t hold that against him, as playing for them must be more of a jail sentence than a job.

If Ketts n Co can keep him fit and hungry, I think we have a real player on our hands here...

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d be okay with that.  I prefer him as the holding midfielder, but that’s a pretty high quality back three.  

I'd have Morris ahead of Draper in the middle of a back three but he's certainly a good option. 

There's forgotten man Tillson who looked useful in the holding role, not as big a physical presence as Draper (not many are) but probably a better passer for keeping possession of the ball. Vigurs, as always is the hardest to fit in, a deep role is probably best suited but his work rate when without possession is hopeless. After his performances last year Paton is a must to start his energy drives the team on.

Interesting times, pace out wide and direct running, is what we've been needing for a season or three. 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

So what did we get from Rangers for the signing of Graham?  A loan of six months for a cracking player with bags of potential?

£45,000 according to the local rag.  Plus the aforementioned bench warmer.   

4 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be alright with that, as long as we find a left winger that can track back so Midge can move inside.

Edited by Aqy

Guest Ieuan16
1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

There's forgotten man Tillson...

And Joe Chalmers.

I really hope Kettlewell doesn't see him as an option at left-back.

Just seen the interview with Randall. Jesus, the lad couldn’t sound more enthusiastic about joining us!!! Sounds as if he’s been told he’s going out on loan to Caley. Ties with Harry Paton’s mildly inconvenienced interviews

8 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

Just seen the interview with Randall. Jesus, the lad couldn’t sound more enthusiastic about joining us!!! Sounds as if he’s been told he’s going out on loan to Caley. Ties with Harry Paton’s mildly inconvenienced interviews

Harry Paton at least could say he was trying for Jonny Depp style disinterest.  Randall’s only a question away from saying “screw this, I’m off.”

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

£45,000 according to the local rag.  Plus the aforementioned bench warmer.   

As long as we have a sell on clause as well, that isn't too bad.  It's a great move for him, as he wouldn't ever get a chance at county.  Why give youth a chance when you can sign a journeyman? 🤣

Some shift his parents did taking him down from the Islands for all the training and games.  Hes been in Scotland squads and impressed in the tourney over in Spain.

On paper the signings made are good,  I guess the aim is to finish above Hamilton and St Mirren.  

We are probably still needing three signings, cah we afford to make them?

27 minutes ago, Loki said:

As long as we have a sell on clause as well, that isn't too bad.  It's a great move for him, as he wouldn't ever get a chance at county.  Why give youth a chance when you can sign a journeyman? 🤣

Some shift his parents did taking him down from the Islands for all the training and games.  Hes been in Scotland squads and impressed in the tourney over in Spain.

On paper the signings made are good,  I guess the aim is to finish above Hamilton and St Mirren.  

We are probably still needing three signings, cah we afford to make them?

I’ll be fuming if they go into the league without signing a winger, especially if they’re paying for Kelly to sit on the bench.