The General Ross County Chat Thread

EDIT: in other news, sounds like there’s going to be a signing or two announced this week.  

Could be utter shite, but I’ve heard that wee James Graham is away to Rangers and instead of a fee Rangers are giving us Stephen Kelly? Again, don’t take my word but it’s a decent source.

The latest from the club with regards to season ticket renewal. 

Following feedback from our fans, we can now provide additional clarity surrounding the season ticket sales for season 2020-21.

Firstly, the season ticket is going to work on a hybrid basis, where it is to be split over physical attendance (when this will be possible) and television streaming service, this is being directed to us by the Scottish Government (physical attendance) and the SPFL - most other Premiership clubs made the decision to sell season tickets relatively early, where we wanted to take a bit longer and make sure we had as much information as possible for our fans. We have also managed to keep to the same prices as last season, making us the most competitively priced season tickets in the Premiership on average.

The streaming service will be run through a new Ross County TV and the images will be of TV quality- supplied by an external TV production company and will be complimented with a pre & post-match show to add additional value to the season ticket. We are excited about this given that it is a first for the club and, will see all of our season ticket holders receive streams of every home match live without requiring subscription to any other platforms such as Sky. There will also be a Pay-Per-View option for all away games for season 2020/21.

Physical attendance is looking more positive given our response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are eager to see supporters return as soon as it is safe to do so. Allowing fans into stadiums will not be decided by clubs, the SPFL, nor the SFA, this will be directed to us from Scottish Government. We are optimistic that we will be able to have fans in our stadiums prior to the end of the year although, again, we will be led by government on this. It is important to stress we will do everything in our power to ensure our fans are safe and satisfied when you can return to the stadium. With this in mind, we have also extended that from the start of the sales period that fans will be able to reserve their existing seats until further notice.

The Staggies Army loyalty programme was designed when we were advised that it was unlikely there was going to be a season ticket for the upcoming campaign, but also to work hand-in-hand with season tickets and other Ross County programmes and we have been in awe at the support the programme has received to date. The Staggies Army is very similar to other loyalty programmes run alongside season tickets at clubs across the Premiership which have been very encouraging and humbling to watch take traction during this Pandemic. Our vision was that should there not have been a season ticket for season 2020/21 this would help us maintain our battle against our financial challenges that includes being able to put a Premiership team on the park. We are aware that the membership benefits have been slow in getting out, however this is also due to the Pandemic and various partners being closed.  We can advise there will be a separate update on the Staggies Army incentives later this week.

We are very aware of some of the situations our fans find themselves in at the moment and it is an extremely challenging time for everybody, our football club is indeed included in this.  With this in mind we encourage and welcome any of our loyal and dedicated fans who want to discuss anything further, to contact us either via email on info@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk or call 01349 860 860 where we will of course be happy to speak further. Due to limited staffing and volume of contact it may take 48 hours to reply to some queries.

We thank all of our fans for their continued support and dedication during this time, and we will work, with you, to provide the highest quality of services at the club and indeed football on the pitch.

Season Ticket Plans will proceed as follows

Staggies Army Priority Sales Dates (Shop or Telephone Service)

Friday 26th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Saturday 27th June (10.00am – 4.00pm)

You will be able to purchase online at any time from Friday 26th at 10.00am until 3.00pm on Friday 3rd July

Existing Season Ticket Holders (Shop or Telephone Service)

Monday 29th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Tuesday 30th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Wednesday 1st July (10.00am – 4.00pm)

Thursday 2nd July (10.00am – 7.00pm)

Friday 3rd July (10.00am – 3.00pm)

You will be able to purchase online at any time from Monday 29th at 10.00am until 3.00pm on Friday 3rd July

General Sales

From 10.00am on Monday 6th July 2020.

Jailend

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£250.00

Over 65

£100.00

*Under 16s will not receive RCFCTV Subscription

East & West Stand

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£350.00

Over 65

£150.00

I'm not at all surprised by the local difficulty with technological solutions.

My good friend Brian Mclaughlan mentioned the worry the club have and with an elderly and rural demographic, there are many that will be disenfranchised.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket?  We dont know when football can start, and if spectators are allowed they will be socially distanced.  So there isn't a guarantee a season ticket holder would be able to attend every game.

Obviously they want the money in the club hence the tickets are put on sale.  I thought maybe a home streaming season ticket could go on sale and then that could be discounted against the cost of the actual season ticket when its known how many games will be available.

On a positive both kits are superb.  Will definitely get one of them.

It’s very poor that the club aren’t doing pay-per-view home games too. It’s either you fork out £250+ for games you could miss (through work commitments etc) or you get nothing apart from away games you can watch. Thought there would be some option for PPV home but again pretty piss poor.

Guest SJP79
2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It’s very poor that the club aren’t doing pay-per-view home games too. It’s either you fork out £250+ for games you could miss (through work commitments etc) or you get nothing apart from away games you can watch. Thought there would be some option for PPV home but again pretty piss poor.

Is it not because folk might buy the PPV first as a test to see how it is, then if they are not impressed they don't bother buying the season ticket, in a way its designed to protect season ticket sales.

Do we think we'll be signing anyone any time soon? A lot of clubs around us are bringing players in and we're shipping players out and not replacing them (yet)

I think we're short at both full back positions and out wide. I constantly say it but our side is so slow, our quickest player is probably Shaw who isn't good enough to start over Stewart or McKay as far as I've seen. 

A winger who can stretch defences would be ideal purely so we can get midge playing off the front which would save his legs a bit.

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Do we think we'll be signing anyone any time soon? A lot of clubs around us are bringing players in and we're shipping players out and not replacing them (yet)

I think we're short at both full back positions and out wide. I constantly say it but our side is so slow, our quickest player is probably Shaw who isn't good enough to start over Stewart or McKay as far as I've seen. 

A winger who can stretch defences would be ideal purely so we can get midge playing off the front which would save his legs a bit.

Kettlewell said there’ll be two announcements sometime this week or next.  I’d imagine full back and winger.  Agreed on Shaw.  He doesn’t look any better than our existing strike force.  Then again, if Stewart moves on, I don’t see them bringing in anyone better.  

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kettlewell said there’ll be two announcements sometime this week or next.  I’d imagine full back and winger.  Agreed on Shaw.  He doesn’t look any better than our existing strike force.  Then again, if Stewart moves on, I don’t see them bringing in anyone better.  

I think we'll hold onto Stewart for this season coming, we're quite lucky he got injured when he did, probably took a few eyes off him. Lee Erwin would be ahead of Shaw imo. it's like we've signed Declan McManus again. 

I think that's a bit unfair on Shaw. He's not really been given an opportunity (chucking him on out wide with 20 minutes to go isn't an opportunity).  Erwin, on the other hand, had showed glimpses of being alright but that's outweighed by him being rubbish 90% of the time. He's obviously the clichéd "confidence player" but those types of players don't tend to work well in a team that's slogging it out at the bottom of the table. 

I'd keep Shaw over Erwin. 

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I think that's a bit unfair on Shaw. He's not really been given an opportunity (chucking him on out wide with 20 minutes to go isn't an opportunity).  Erwin, on the other hand, had showed glimpses of being alright but that's outweighed by him being rubbish 90% of the time. He's obviously the clichéd "confidence player" but those types of players don't tend to work well in a team that's slogging it out at the bottom of the table. 

I'd keep Shaw over Erwin. 

If we are paying a substantial fee for a player I'd expect them to be more than a squad player.  I actually think it was a poor decision to sign him when it was so obvious that we needed a winger.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s a real pisser as I’d hoped he’d be back at us for another year.

Very good attacking midfielder you’ve got though. He’s more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

They said the same about Euan Henderson, and he turned out to be crap.

So we're getting...more central midfielders when we have 0 established full backs.

Christ.

Edited by Comrie

For anyone moaning at the signing of Stephen Kelly you can come back to me half way through the season for this post but he’ll be our best signing this summer. Class above at Ayr Utd. Gerrard rates him highly which speaks volumes and rangers have given him a long term contract and a clause to bring him back in January so that shows how highly he’s rated. The boys is pure focussed on football doesn’t go about the town every week.

As bad as we were at Ayr Utd last season he ripped us apart.

Desperately need full backs and can’t believe why we let foster go, our most consistent full back for a good few year bar Naismith.

3 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

For anyone moaning at the signing of Stephen Kelly you can come back to me half way through the season for this post but he’ll be our best signing this summer. Class above at Ayr Utd. Gerrard rates him highly which speaks volumes and rangers have given him a long term contract and a clause to bring him back in January so that shows how highly he’s rated. The boys is pure focussed on football doesn’t go about the town every week.

As bad as we were at Ayr Utd last season he ripped us apart.

Desperately need full backs and can’t believe why we let foster go, our most consistent full back for a good few year bar Naismith.

Would you have a big team?

42 minutes ago, sophia said:

Would you have a big team?

Would certainly sound like it.  But as you well know, that’s exceptionally common north of Perth.  

I’d be very surprised if this guy isn’t back at Ibrox in January, not because of any clause but because he’s warming the bench.  Old Firm prospects more often than not are hype over substance.  

We’ve been down this route with Henderson, who was no better than any of the County players.