The General Ross County Chat Thread

What’s the craic with Fontaine. He seems to be airbrushed out of everything?

By the looks of things he seems to be in the plans for next season - twitter training video from today shows him taking part so I assume he’ll have a part to play next season; as much as I hope he doesn’t. No disrespect obviously intended but we do have 4 better options at centre half at the club already and we could really do with offloading dead weight and spending it on other areas i.e in goals and on the wing.

Any suggestions for a Commentary duo? https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/voices-sought-for-football-channel-202471/

Rob McLean would be the obvious choice, but I imagine he will be in demand elsewhere. Maybe Hugh Dan for the Teuchter audience? Barry Wilson would be a safe option as co-commentator.

I would love to see Derek Adams get involved. He could be the vitriolic Roy Keane type character on Ross County TV.

18 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Any suggestions for a Commentary duo? https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/voices-sought-for-football-channel-202471/

Rob McLean would be the obvious choice, but I imagine he will be in demand elsewhere. Maybe Hugh Dan for the Teuchter audience? Barry Wilson would be a safe option as co-commentator.

I would love to see Derek Adams get involved. He could be the vitriolic Roy Keane type character on Ross County TV.

Having Derek Adams on comms would be so good, Rob McLean and Adams would be a class duo.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

If you fancy a good laugh; get yourself onto twitter, type in ross county and go into the latest bit, and just watch the Hearts fans seethe at the fact we’re not for their reconstruction con. Perfect reading for a Monday morning.

My favourite was that this all happened because the clubs who voted no were doing so to support Trump.

Just now, Comrie said:

McGowan's signed for Killie, so that's one we've missed out on at least.

Was it Tait they were linked with as well?  He seems like a Richard Foster type player.  I’d rather have the original Richard Foster, but it’d cover two birds with one stone in that he can play left back as well as right back.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Was it Tait they were linked with as well?  He seems like a Richard Foster type player.  I’d rather have the original Richard Foster, but it’d cover two birds with one stone in that he can play left back as well as right back.

the way the squad looks at the moment I'd take Jim Fenlon back!

With Tait and McGowan signing for clubs who'll be in similar positions to us next season or whatever, I hope we have some decent full backs lined up as they would have been players who I think may have been able to do a job for County.

On 17/06/2020 at 12:07, frankthetank22 said:

We could go with Keith Watson at right back again maybe?

Maybe Kets is thinking more of a back 3 with Josh wide right, it's a hard shift but Josh is a grafter up and down that right side, he was always good for tacking back to help Fraser.

Watson there is a shout, he's lost a yard of pace which is probably why he's more suited to centre back. Needs must and all that though.

That's the club finally getting round to giving us season ticket info, a cut & paste if it is below. 

With the anticipated return date of the Scottish Premiership being 1st of August we can now provide a further update on season tickets.

This season our season ticket offering will include predominately virtual streaming of matches through Ross County TV, which will be released in its new format in the coming weeks. The Ross County TV coverage will be coupled with match attendance as and when we are permitted to allow spectators back to the stadium. 

In addition, there will be a staggered release date for season tickets with a 3-day priority sales period for Staggies Army members, who will be able to redeem their discount as part of the representative tier of membership of the army. Following this sales period, a further 5-day sales period will be opened to existing season ticket holders from season 2019/20. After this 5-day period season tickets will go on general sale. During the Staggies Army & Existing Season Ticket Holder sales period seats will be retained- once season tickets go on general sale; previous seats will not be held.

Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 virus, we encourage as many of our fans as possible to purchase your season ticket online through a service that will be directly communicated to the representative sales groups. We will have extremely limited access to the club shop from 29th June due to social distancing and again encourage patience and, where possible fans to either purchase online or email us on info@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk.

Understanding some of the financial challenges during this period, Finance packages will be available through our finance partner Orchard Finance, and further details will be available during the sales periods.

Please be aware that during the sales period, due to demand and reduced staffing levels, immediate responses may not always be possible, however, we will where possible endeavour to respond to all enquires and queries within 48 hours.

Sales Periods

Staggies Army (Telephone Support Hours)

Friday 26th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Saturday 27th June (10.00am – 4.00pm)

Sunday 28th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Existing Season Ticket Holders (Telephone & Club Shop Support Hours)

Monday 29th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Tuesday 30th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Wednesday 1st July (10.00am – 4.00pm)

Thursday 2nd July (10.00am – 7.00pm)

Friday 3rd July (10.00am – 4.00pm)

NO SALES

Saturday 4th July

Sunday 5th July

General Sales

Open 10.00am on Monday 6th July

Pricing Structure

Jailend

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£250.00

Over 65

£100.00

East & West Stand

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£350.00

Over 65

£150.00

*Please note that Under 16 season tickets WILL NOT receive Ross County TV subscriptions due to terms & conditions on the subscription platform.

During this time we also encourage fans to partner their season ticket with joining our new Staggies Army to enjoy the many benefits fans can enjoy with both packages.

6 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

That's the club finally getting round to giving us season ticket info, a cut & paste if it is below. 

With the anticipated return date of the Scottish Premiership being 1st of August we can now provide a further update on season tickets.

This season our season ticket offering will include predominately virtual streaming of matches through Ross County TV, which will be released in its new format in the coming weeks. The Ross County TV coverage will be coupled with match attendance as and when we are permitted to allow spectators back to the stadium. 

In addition, there will be a staggered release date for season tickets with a 3-day priority sales period for Staggies Army members, who will be able to redeem their discount as part of the representative tier of membership of the army. Following this sales period, a further 5-day sales period will be opened to existing season ticket holders from season 2019/20. After this 5-day period season tickets will go on general sale. During the Staggies Army & Existing Season Ticket Holder sales period seats will be retained- once season tickets go on general sale; previous seats will not be held.

Due to the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 virus, we encourage as many of our fans as possible to purchase your season ticket online through a service that will be directly communicated to the representative sales groups. We will have extremely limited access to the club shop from 29th June due to social distancing and again encourage patience and, where possible fans to either purchase online or email us on info@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk.

Understanding some of the financial challenges during this period, Finance packages will be available through our finance partner Orchard Finance, and further details will be available during the sales periods.

Please be aware that during the sales period, due to demand and reduced staffing levels, immediate responses may not always be possible, however, we will where possible endeavour to respond to all enquires and queries within 48 hours.

Sales Periods

Staggies Army (Telephone Support Hours)

Friday 26th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Saturday 27th June (10.00am – 4.00pm)

Sunday 28th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Existing Season Ticket Holders (Telephone & Club Shop Support Hours)

Monday 29th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Tuesday 30th June (10.00am-4.00pm)

Wednesday 1st July (10.00am – 4.00pm)

Thursday 2nd July (10.00am – 7.00pm)

Friday 3rd July (10.00am – 4.00pm)

NO SALES

Saturday 4th July

Sunday 5th July

General Sales

Open 10.00am on Monday 6th July

Pricing Structure

Jailend

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£250.00

Over 65

£100.00

East & West Stand

Under 16

£5.00

16-21 years old

£100.00

Adults (21-65 years old)

£350.00

Over 65

£150.00

*Please note that Under 16 season tickets WILL NOT receive Ross County TV subscriptions due to terms & conditions on the subscription platform.

During this time we also encourage fans to partner their season ticket with joining our new Staggies Army to enjoy the many benefits fans can enjoy with both packages.

The current Ross County TV is delivered via YouTube. That won’t work with a subscription model, how is the new Ross County TV going to be delivered.

I don’t have Sky, I don’t have a Sky box.

Will I have to purchase a basic subscription to Sky or  another similar service in addition to buying my season ticket in order to watch the streamed live games?

Without knowing how the streamed matches are going to be delivered I won’t know if I will be able to receive them so can’t buy a  Virtual Season Ticket.

They are going on sale at the end of next week so it really is time to let people know.

Following today's update on our Season Tickets, we understand and regret that this has caused some confusion with our loyal and committed fans, especially those that have recently signed up to our very important and vital Staggies Army.

We cannot thank our supporters enough for getting behind the club during such difficult and unprecedented times, both financially and socially. It has certainly reinforced why together we are “more than just a football club”.

Our Staggies Army was founded as a supporter base which would be life long and at the core of club.  It was indeed initiated during a time where based on professional advice, we were led to believe there would be no supporters allowed to games, no games to watch and therefore no season tickets to be sold going in to season 2020/21.

However this was not favourable by any of the premiership clubs and therefore all clubs have been working together behind the scenes tirelessly, to try and find a solution where we can get our beloved game back to our supporters and enjoy some form of football viewing, whether it’s via TV stream or at some point back in the ground where it is at its best. With that in mind, we have followed in the pathway of many other Premiership clubs in releasing season tickets based on a hybrid model of virtual access through Ross County TV and physical attendance when supporters are allowed to attend at stadiums.

It was never our intention to mislead or confuse our loyal supporters, but to try and find better ways, behind the scenes where we can offer the best viewing possible. 

The Staggies Army is an initiative we feel could run alongside season tickets, giving excellent benefits to members: of which we will bring further updates in coming days about the benefits members are eagerly anticipating.

However, the feedback from today has led us to react quickly, listen to your feedback, and as a club we will take time to review and release further information in the coming days. 

Ross County FC is a community club and one Community that we are very proud of being part of.  

We cannot thank you enough for getting behind us, without you - there is no Ross County FC. 

I’m sorry but I can’t see how County can justify any price raises for season tickets?

Yes times are hard. I understand that. But they’ve come out and said that they originally wanted to refrain from selling Season Tickets. Now they’ve come out and said they’ve been made to. Probably not their fault - again I can accept it. But if they’re coming out and saying that they have to sell the season tickets, why are the raising prices of almost every ticket? I can’t justify it and don’t understand how County can.

Would I have bought my Staggies Army subscription if I’d known there was going to be season tickets on sale? Probably, but many others wouldn’t have. Just disappointed really?

42 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m sorry but I can’t see how County can justify any price raises for season tickets?

Yes times are hard. I understand that. But they’ve come out and said that they originally wanted to refrain from selling Season Tickets. Now they’ve come out and said they’ve been made to. Probably not their fault - again I can accept it. But if they’re coming out and saying that they have to sell the season tickets, why are the raising prices of almost every ticket? I can’t justify it and don’t understand how County can.

Would I have bought my Staggies Army subscription if I’d known there was going to be season tickets on sale? Probably, but many others wouldn’t have. Just disappointed really?

They’ve fucked this up big time, by not taking entirely legitimate concerns like yours into consideration.  Our marketing person was a joke for the longest time, but recently they’ve been much more on the ball.  This reeks of incompetence (To be fair, in an attempt to be ahead of the curve), and I suspect your Staggies Army subscription will go the way of the shirt with the fans’ names, and never come to anything.

They've made a proper mess of this. I honestly wonder if people proof read the things our social media accounts come out with at times.