The General Ross County Chat Thread

Who all do we have out of contract this summer, who should we offer new deals to? 

Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Declan McManus

Have I missed anyone? Grivosti has already been signed up on a two year deal I think. 

14 hours ago, forkboy said:

Is there a decent source on this? Not doubting it but all I could find was a lone tweet (& searching Twitter for Scott Boyd just seems to get a lot of results for some really racist Yank)

Piss poor on behalf of the club if true though.

image.png.cbba4cafb778ccadb4a7ad75df47979d.png

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Who all do we have out of contract this summer, who should we offer new deals to? 

Ricky Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Callum Morris, Keith Watson, Sean Kelly, Don Cowie, Iain Vigurs, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, Declan McManus

Have I missed anyone? Grivosti has already been signed up on a two year deal I think. 

Did we not give Cowie a 413-year deal? 

43 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I seen Amy Macdonald on Twitter having a not so sly dig at clubs not renewing contacts, so that would suggest that Foster could be gone.

I'd be a bit disappointed to see Foster not get another year, he's a good option to have.

21 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd be a bit disappointed to see Foster not get another year, he's a good option to have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740938

Ricky's having a moan to the BBC about it as well now. He's right, but I don't think putting pressure publicly on a small club is the right way to go about it. I'd 100% keep him for next season if we could afford it.

They could have furloughed him instead, fixed term contracts can be extended as part of the furlough scheme as long as HMRC had and RTI record for the person prior to the scheme being implemented.

Likewise players could be furloughed to ensure that they have some kind of income rather than be freed.

Who is to say Ross County have the money to pay up to 10 unwanted players 80% of their wage for a few months? Yes they claim all the money at a later date (which takes ages and is a nightmare I'm led to believe) but doing that might prevent signing and strengthening the squad in pre-season to sign players we actually want.

Roy in his interview stated that Scott Boyd was furloughed but as there will be no commercial department next season, they mutually agreed to make him redundant.

Roy also said that he wasn't prepared to furlough players when they weren't looking to retain them next season as this was dishonest and he wouldn't be doing it.

There are some big decisions to be made for almost every club in Scotland and there's a lot that aren't going to sit well with the fans. Even Roy isn't a bottomless pit of money we can dip into constantly. 

The accumulative losses continually written off by Roy each and every year would say different.

1st June will be interesting when we'll know who's getting free transferred.  

Did I pick it up wrong or did Roy say there would be no academy or reserve setup next season? Going to be a lot of players and staff out of work.

Yeah I thought he said that too, but I just dismissed it thinking I’d misheard.

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in this thread, but any opinions on the 16yo striker James Graham who Rangers have agreed a fee for? The article in P&J says he was previously on trial at Liverpool and Man Utd and Leeds and Wolves are also interested

Foster

Kelly

Spence

McManus

Are being allowed to leave. Fraser and Morris offered new contracts. Really unsure about letting Kelly and Foster go.