The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 19/04/2020 at 17:18, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm going to wait and see what they do regarding refunds for current season tickets before deciding whether to sign up.

I'll be quite happy to reinvest any refund back into the club.

That's a sinario I'd never contemplated, do you expect the club to issue refunds for season ticket holders? I've bought for my family but i neither expect, nor want to see the club feel they need to refund supporters. I'd rather they kept my money, and I still have a team to support. 🤔

19 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

That's a sinario I'd never contemplated, do you expect the club to issue refunds for season ticket holders? I've bought for my family but i neither expect, nor want to see the club feel they need to refund supporters. I'd rather they kept my money, and I still have a team to support. 🤔

I have to admit, I really like Johns idea and I wouldn’t think twice about allowing any kind of refund to be invested this way. I do know a few people who would request a refund if offered mainly due to their own finances, and in no way by their own fault, and would rather be given the option of choosing to invest in the club further or not. To appease these type of supporters, I would rather the club diversify if possible into offering a discount per period of which a season ticket was had, or by how many games they have attended in previous seasons, and offer discounts or freebies depending on that. Next season will be extremely difficult for everyone, and we are lucky that we will still have a team to support. Any help to get people to games and keep a keen support, I will always be in favour of.

Lets have an offer of one family match per month with kids go free, or a free match in every five??

If the club did contact me about a refund for missed games on my season ticket I'd tell them not to bother. I'd rather they used my money to help keep the club solvent. I don't want to see another Save Our Staggies if possible.

Bit late to this chat but I don't understand why people thought the staggies army was going to offer any kind of value or decent incentive. To do that would cost money. It is very clearly a gimmick to help raise short term capital and I have signed up on that basis. 

On 30/04/2020 at 17:01, CountyFan said:

Bit late to this chat but I don't understand why people thought the staggies army was going to offer any kind of value or decent incentive. To do that would cost money. It is very clearly a gimmick to help raise short term capital and I have signed up on that basis. 

The 'Away' option is good value in my opinion.

Glad to help the club, hopfully more people who are able do the same.

I'm gonna wait until the last of my direct debits for the month come out and then I'll see what I can do. My heart says platinum, my head says gold.

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'm gonna wait until the last of my direct debits for the month come out and then I'll see what I can do. My heart says platinum, my head says gold.

I'm lucky and happy enough to have gone for 4 x silver, thought it would be a treat for the family to have their names in the shirt. 

It's a good idea and hopefully we can come out of this and still have our club to support, 'Mon the Staggies 👍

6 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Liam Boyce back playing in the Scottish Championship, who'd have thought it! 

It'll be fun watching him score for fun against the tinks again though 😂

Hearts should romp that league, you'd think a lot of their squad is on the way out though

54 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Pretty shite that Scott Boyd has been let go by Ross County. He was an utter gent at Killie. Hope he picks something up soon.

Could he not have been furloughed? 

That's the first I've heard of that. Disappointed if the club have punted him, such a nice dude.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I doubt we could afford his wages either.

He'll be off to another Premiership club or a return to the backwaters of League One down south.

I think the football landscape has changed though and footballers wages will be dropping everywhere.

3 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I think the football landscape has changed though and footballers wages will be dropping everywhere.

I wouldnt bet on the EFL sides being sensible at all financially, theyll probably spend more as they all start an arms race for free agents.

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

Pretty shite that Scott Boyd has been let go by Ross County. He was an utter gent at Killie. Hope he picks something up soon.

Could he not have been furloughed? 

Is there a decent source on this? Not doubting it but all I could find was a lone tweet (& searching Twitter for Scott Boyd just seems to get a lot of results for some really racist Yank)

Piss poor on behalf of the club if true though.

14 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Is there a decent source on this? Not doubting it but all I could find was a lone tweet (& searching Twitter for Scott Boyd just seems to get a lot of results for some really racist Yank)

Piss poor on behalf of the club if true though.

It's on his own LinkedIn. 

Top bloke, but it was a bit 'jobs-for-the-boys' when he came in. He will land on his feet.